• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    Tried to PM a user regarding an item they listed in the classifieds and haven't gotten a response. I'm somewhat interested in the item but wanted to haggle a bit and not just press "Commit to Buy" and then try to hash it out later. I figure they might not get on too often so I went to email them via MDS but the email option is disabled.

Suggestions on what I should do?

BlackBart

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 20, 2007
    Conewago, York Co. Pa.
    Tried to PM a user regarding an item they listed in the classifieds and haven't gotten a response. I'm somewhat interested in the item but wanted to haggle a bit and not just press "Commit to Buy" and then try to hash it out later. I figure they might not get on too often so I went to email them via MDS but the email option is disabled.

Suggestions on what I should do?
    Look elsewhere, if he's too busy to respond he may be too busy to actually do the business.

madchestermonkey

Pond straddler
    Oct 10, 2012
    Lowcountry SC
    yes, Always haggle! keep it polite and respectful and be ready for "no". its the best part of buying used I think.

If they are not responding, then just move on. No point in getting worked up because somebody does not want to deal with you.

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    His asking price isn't out of question but even if I press Commit to Buy I don't know if I'll ever lay my hands on the product. What a pain!

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD

Lostfantum

Ultimate Member
    Nov 27, 2007
    Middle River, Maryland
    I went through the same thing with a shotgun that was in the classifieds. The seller was on several time during the 2 week time period. I took it as he was really not interested in selling it. I had PM'ed him 2 days after it was posted.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    I don't haggle on my classified items. I list what I want and the terms. If people don't like the price they should move along. I also won't respond to haggling P.M.s

BlackBart

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 20, 2007
    Conewago, York Co. Pa.
    I don't haggle on my classified items. I list what I want and the terms. If people don't like the price they should move along. I also won't respond to haggling P.M.s

If my math was correct the guy wanted 31 cents a round. :rolleyes: Yeah, Id blow him off too. That's CHEAPER than CMP for 06. :shrug: Takes all kinds, one nice soul offered me less than half of what I have into the Lefever SXS, meh didn't get mad just won't take him serious.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom