• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    I am of the opinion that the price is always negotiable unless someone comes right out and states "Firm Price"
    nothing personal it's just business

Oldcarjunkie

R.I.P
    Jan 8, 2009
    A.A county
    I am of the opinion that the price is always negotiable unless someone comes right out and states "Firm Price"
    nothing personal it's just business

I still had one of the cheapskates offer me 375 for a rifle i put 400 FIRM and not a penny less on.

Here is the conversation...

Originally Posted by XXXXXX
    Is this rifle still available?

Posted by Oldcarjunkie...Yup, still up, it's still for sale. I'll remove once it sells.

Originally Posted by XXXXX
    Are the serial numbers matching on this rifle? How does it shoot?

OLdcarjunkie....Gun shoots good, functions good. Hakims are EP numbered. I believe they match, but it has no headspace issues. The gun works good. Just I own like 12 things in 8mm. I also own a ljungman which is same rifle in another caliber, thus I don't have to keep this one.

Originally Posted by XXXXX
    If you'll take $375 cash, I'll come pick it up tonight.

Oldcarjunkie....Make it $410.00 and you have a deal.

Posted By XXXXXX
    You're asking $400 in the classified ad.

Oldcarjunkie.....Yes I know. But you would think that since I put 400.00 firm and I will not go less...that I wouldn't get lower offers. So I sent you a counter offer.

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    I don't haggle on my classified items. I list what I want and the terms. If people don't like the price they should move along. I also won't respond to haggling P.M.s

You're certainly entitled to that and I wouldn't ever hold it against you but I always try to haggle unless it is clear that the seller wants no part in it. It's just how I am. Worst that can happen is that I could be told no.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    You're certainly entitled to that and I wouldn't ever hold it against you but I always try to haggle unless it is clear that the seller wants no part in it. It's just how I am. Worst that can happen is that I could be told no.

Just giving you my angle when im selling an item. If he wasn't specific about haggling or details then that's on him.

I know some people like to haggle but I personally don't. It gets under my skin and if someone tries Ill simply ignore them or respond like OldCarJunkie did. I don't do it to others and I don't want it asked of me.

Like I said, it just my angle as a seller. Please understand that Im not attacking you.

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    Just giving you my angle when im selling an item. If he wasn't specific about haggling or details then that's on him.

I know some people like to haggle but I personally don't. It gets under my skin and if someone tries Ill simply ignore them or respond like OldCarJunkie did. I don't do it to others and I don't want it asked of me.

Like I said, it just my angle as a seller. Please understand that Im not attacking you.

Nah I know that. I'm not one to get butt hurt through normal back-and-forth

I hope you don't mind that I quote you in my signature now :innocent0

Oldcarjunkie

R.I.P
    Jan 8, 2009
    A.A county
    I kinda expect ppl to want to haggle, ill go for 20 off myself. My big problem is the real lowballers. Offering me near half of what im asking. Are those ppl serious? my reply back is never a nice one IF i reply back.. Personally i think there should be a thread calling those guys out. Thus so everyone knows what to expect from them.

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    I kinda expect ppl to want to haggle, ill go for 20 off myself. My big problem is the real lowballers. Offering me near half of what im asking. Are those ppl serious? my reply back is never a nice one IF i reply back.. Personally i think there should be a thread calling those guys out. Thus so everyone knows what to expect from them.

Yeah I don't aim to rip folks off. Our hobby is an expensive one. But dickering is part of my process

BlackBart

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 20, 2007
    Conewago, York Co. Pa.

You mean you really DIDN'T get it for free? :shocked2:

coopermania

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 20, 2011
    Indiana

But....but......BUT..BUT..... I thought is was a fair offer......Geepers it had to depreciated after you used it and wore the battery's out...
    I always feel like your attacking me... You and your floppy purple man toy.
    Your just a meanie buttface

PMD354

I hit the commit to buy button on June 22 got a PM from the seller telling me where he lived. Sent him 5 more PM's giving him my phone number so we could arrange a time and place to meet. Two hours after I hit the commit button he pulled the other 3 adds he had listed. He has not signed on since. I'm waiting for him to sign on so I will kinow that he at least knows how many times I PM'ed him, then I will out him with negative feedback.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom