• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    Yup,
    Annual pilgrimage for my week off starts tonight.
    2 older kids work so one is coming later and the other is leaving on the 4th so he can work on the 5th-7th.
    I'm already working the "Serenity now" in my head for the drive over the bridge. I can't leave till rush hour so I'm just gonna have to take my lumps.
    I think time I won't try to fish on the weekend and reserve that for after the 4th when many of the crowds are gone. This year fishing has been a bust for my availability to do it so I don't think I'll get as excited as before.
    Wife wants to hit some different restaurants than normal.
    I really could use more relaxation this time though.

I'll report how bad my drive was when its done so all those who stayed home can make fun of us :) I know you are looking forward to that. Flame away

Anyone else going this week/weekend?

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    Someone is ready to go
    60ec4576502875704d44d238c3c1840b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dieselfarmboy

Ultimate Member
    Feb 5, 2009
    Snow Hill, MD
    *****Uhhh, you mean there were a bunch of those little horses standing around wearing LGBT pride shirts and saying "Haaayyyy..!!" to passerbys? Yea, that's just a June thing - they will be gone tomorrow.
    Didnt see that. Just saw what seemed like a non stop line of vehicles from the island to T's corner. Luckly I dont think I have to be down there until Weds again. The new campground they are opening on the south end of the island is just going to ruin it.

dieselfarmboy

Ultimate Member
    Feb 5, 2009
    Snow Hill, MD
    I grew up in Pocomoke City. I hate Chincoteague.
    Its changing for sure, not so much for the better. Pocomoke was growing and trying to become something decent and then the last housing burst put a stop to that. Snow Hill dont have much to offer except the court house. Worcester county would be just like Somerset if it didnt have Ocean City.

SouthCo

Nov 20, 2012
    Have a great trip. Let us know what restaurants you all hit and how you all like them. We did a 4 day "long weekend" there two weeks ago and had a great time. We aren't very fond of the boardwalk but went down to hit Grotto's Pizza on 14th St. We always stay north of the boardwalk right on the ocean. I enjoy sitting on the balcony with a drink looking at the ocean more than anything. I grew up a block from the Chesapeake Bay and miss seeing the water daily...

Last edited:

Rambler

Doing the best with the worst.
    Oct 22, 2011
    Its changing for sure, not so much for the better. Pocomoke was growing and trying to become something decent and then the last housing burst put a stop to that. Snow Hill dont have much to offer except the court house. Worcester county would be just like Somerset if it didnt have Ocean City.
    Yup

TheBert

The Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2013
    Gaithersburg, Maryland
    Drove down on Tuesday afternoon, no traffic. Staying at our place in the Pines. Will be driving back on the 4th during the day. I don’t go into Ocean City during the summer.

dieselfarmboy

Ultimate Member
    Feb 5, 2009
    Snow Hill, MD
    Drove down on Tuesday afternoon, no traffic. Staying at our place in the Pines. Will be driving back on the 4th during the day. I don’t go into Ocean City during the summer.
    The Pines is bad enough on a holiday weekend. Race track rd is becoming a nightmare with all the new doctor offices opening up. Ive not been up there since the new Royal Farms opened, I can only imagine what thats like.

Jimgoespewpew

Ultimate Member
    Mar 6, 2021
    Terlingua
    Not if you gave me a free place to stay, luxury rental car and a heli flight direct. I'm going sailing as much as possible this weekend and relaxing.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    Haha - does it know the “go bye byes” phrase?
    She responds to "ok, lets go!"

Took 3hrs, we had 3 cars cause Wife has to leave a day early and #1 son has to leave on the 4th.
    Daughter drove the Jeep so we went slower than normal for her. Rain thru Cambridge

Cochise

Ultimate Member
    Sep 5, 2008
    Rockville
    I will be headed to OC tomorrow morning, I hope early, for the week. No hurry to get there, fishing stuff is packed for the DE drive on (cool with my dog) beaches. My avatar is on the old IRI half draw bridge around 1975.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom