• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    The Pines is bad enough on a holiday weekend. Race track rd is becoming a nightmare with all the new doctor offices opening up. Ive not been up there since the new Royal Farms opened, I can only imagine what thats like.
    I guess you don't spend so much in "TRUE" rush hour traffic of the DC or Baltimore beltway. 589 is chump change :)

ESMDHokie77

Pistol Practical Shooting
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 7, 2012
    Eastern Shore of Maryland
    ouch haha. grew up in berlin/near OC, and live on chincoteague now. goosfraba.... shew, town here was crowded for the first night of the fireman's carnival. not planning to drive much at all this week.

adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE
    ouch haha. grew up in berlin/near OC, and live on chincoteague now. goosfraba.... shew, town here was crowded for the first night of the fireman's carnival. not planning to drive much at all this week.
    Is the swim this weekend?

My friend owns the first 2 houses on Pony Swim Lane.

zx10guy

Alpha Geek
    Sep 29, 2022
    Maryland
    Most likely heading out to my place in Delaware tomorrow. Was out there for a few days starting last Saturday with my daughter. Got back this past Wednesday. Going solo this time. Will probably hit up my go to beach which is Rehoboth but I'm planning on hitting up OC on Monday.

dieselfarmboy

Ultimate Member
    Feb 5, 2009
    Snow Hill, MD
    I personally like the island. Just sad to see it getting so over developed. I wanted to move down there but its getting way over priced.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    *****Uhhh, you mean there were a bunch of those little horses standing around wearing LGBT pride shirts and saying "Haaayyyy..!!" to passerbys? Yea, that's just a June thing - they will be gone tomorrow.
    You-you didn't get the memo? It's now Pride Summer, or, if you prefer, The Summer of Pride.

eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter
    You-you didn't get the memo? It's now Pride Summer, or, if you prefer, The Summer of Pride.
    I'm only observing this:

Screenshot_20230701-123034~2.png

MaxVO2

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter

****Aww man!! So I gotta put up with all of those little horses wearing their rainbow pride colors out there, looking over their shoulders and making eye contact with me while saying "Haaaaaeeeyyy!!!" all Summer long now!!?? :shocked4:

I think I'll head to Rehobeth then where all the real men hang out on the beach! Everyone seems so friendly there to me as well! :lol:

amazing horse1.jpg

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    ****Aww man!! So I gotta put up with all of those little horses wearing their rainbow pride colors out there, looking over their shoulders and making eye contact with me while saying "Haaaaaeeeyyy!!!" all Summer long now!!?? :shocked4:

I think I'll head to Rehobeth then where all the real men hang out on the beach! Everyone seems so friendly there to me as well! :lol:

View attachment 420549
    Yes. I've heard that about Rehobeth... :)

2094848.jpg

Rambler

Doing the best with the worst.
    Oct 22, 2011
    Chincoteague is going to become a little Ocean Sh!tty.
    The beach at Assateague, which at one time had plenty of parking and even concessions, until storms wiped it all out, is not the draw it used to be. People want stuff to do on vacations. Chincoteague will eventually pave over and provide it. The fishing industry there is not what it used to be either.

dieselfarmboy

Ultimate Member
    Feb 5, 2009
    Snow Hill, MD
    Chincoteague is going to become a little Ocean Sh!tty.
    The beach at Assateague, which at one time had plenty of parking and even concessions, until storms wiped it all out, is not the draw it used to be. People want stuff to do on vacations. Chincoteague will eventually pave over and provide it. The fishing industry there is not what it used to be either.
    The one thing that is holding Chincoteague back is lack of workers. Ocean City really only survives with foreign workers. Even if locals wanted to work, if Chincoteague keeps building they wont have enough. Its expensive to live in the area and seasonal work dont cut it.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    What is even down in Chincoteague?
    We did drive down last year to get daughter more driving time but all we did we go into a few shops and then eat lunch I'm not even sure we were in the more active part of the down. There a boardwalk or a strip with more shops? or anything? Activities?

dieselfarmboy

Ultimate Member
    Feb 5, 2009
    Snow Hill, MD
    What is even down in Chincoteague?
    We did drive down last year to get daughter more driving time but all we did we go into a few shops and then eat lunch I'm not even sure we were in the more active part of the down. There a boardwalk or a strip with more shops? or anything? Activities?
    Beach, fishing, firemans carnival, food trucks, restaurants. It use to be a more laid back family town. Alot of people had 2nd homes/shacks down there. It was the type of town a family could go down and not really have to worry about there kids. It has slowly started to become a little Ocean Shity. Chincoteague was never really a place to go for vacation IF you needed to stay busy with a nightlife or even a day life of shopping and going places, it was more a place to go get away from it all and relax. If you like Ocean City then Chincoteague wasnt for you.

CHUNKERMD

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2009
    West MD
    Beach, fishing, firemans carnival, food trucks, restaurants. It use to be a more laid back family town. Alot of people had 2nd homes/shacks down there. It was the type of town a family could go down and not really have to worry about there kids. It has slowly started to become a little Ocean Shity. Chincoteague was never really a place to go for vacation IF you needed to stay busy with a nightlife or even a day life of shopping and going places, it was more a place to go get away from it all and relax. If you like Ocean City then Chincoteague wasnt for you.
    Aren't they building a Secrets II down there?

dieselfarmboy

Ultimate Member
    Feb 5, 2009
    Snow Hill, MD
    Aren't they building a Secrets II down there?
    Yes. That is one thing that is going to ruin the island. They are totally redoing the south end of the island. The old run down campground is gone, along with the boatyard with all broke down boats. In its place in Secrets 2, a new campground you can bring your camper, and floating cabins you can rent. It does look alot cleaner down there, but now you are bringing in a diff set of people each couple of days instead of families that would own a place. The biggest problem is going to be lack of places to eat and things to do. Chincoteague was never the type of place to go to and stay busy. I compare it to if someone owned a cabin in the mountains, you go to get away, decompress and relax. They are trying to make a little Ocean City, except they are only building places to stay and not adding everything else that needs to go along with it.

ESMDHokie77

Pistol Practical Shooting
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 7, 2012
    Eastern Shore of Maryland
    Y'all know your stuff, we're saying the same thing, Chincoteague needs more places to eat but restaurant workers can't afford to live here and so much of the housing is vacation rentals.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom