• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    Living vicariously watching Beachfront Bargain Hunters in OC this morning…
    Is that the one that was filmed like 8 years ago before the surge in prices?
    Prices are insane now, the house we purchased in 2014 is now 2x the value.
    The condo we purchased in 2012, rented out then sold in 2020 went up another $100k after we sold it.

Went to boardwalk last night for an escape room then sat and watched the "county fair" people for a bit before we headed home. No fights, no violence, no people smoking or vaping that we saw up until we left at 10PM. Lots of Sunburns and Tatoos as usual. Oh, someone dropped a funnel cake. Oh the humanity as the gulls tore it up.

dieselfarmboy

Ultimate Member
    Feb 5, 2009
    Snow Hill, MD
    Y'all know your stuff, we're saying the same thing, Chincoteague needs more places to eat but restaurant workers can't afford to live here and so much of the housing is vacation rentals.
    That is sadly most of the Eastern Shore anymore. If its not vacation homes, its retired people, or people working from home. I cant believe all the construction around Millsboro DE. The lower shore doesnt have much of a job market, most of the jobs are somehow tied to tourism or construction.

adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE
    Swim is in the end of July. I cut Pony Swim Lanes grass. Which houses are his?
    The two townhouses on the right. He had Gov Youngkin on his deck last year.

Growing up we had a place across from Capt Bob's.

How long have you been going there?

TheBert

The Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2013
    Gaithersburg, Maryland
    The Pines is bad enough on a holiday weekend. Race track rd is becoming a nightmare with all the new doctor offices opening up. Ive not been up there since the new Royal Farms opened, I can only imagine what thats like.

I am getting ready to retire to the Pines. I don’t have a problem with more doctors offices.

My in-laws retired to the pines 30+ years ago. We have seen all of the changes along 589 and the huge strip mall with Walmart and Home Depot being built.

The RoFo has non-ethanol fuel at all of the pumps. My Mustang and future outboard boat are happy.

dieselfarmboy

Ultimate Member
    Feb 5, 2009
    Snow Hill, MD
    The two townhouses on the right. He had Gov Youngkin on his deck last year.

Growing up we had a place across from Capt Bob's.

How long have you been going there?
    This is my 4th or 5th year of cutting grass down there, 2nd for the actual Pony Swim Lane part. Your place across from Capt Bobs was that in Ocean Breeze or Bay View?

dieselfarmboy

Ultimate Member
    Feb 5, 2009
    Snow Hill, MD
    I am getting ready to retire to the Pines. I don’t have a problem with more doctors offices.

My in-laws retired to the pines 30+ years ago. We have seen all of the changes along 589 and the huge strip mall with Walmart and Home Depot being built.

The RoFo has non-ethanol fuel at all of the pumps. My Mustang and future outboard boat are happy.
    More doctors offices is great. That area is perfect to retire in. If you didnt need high end shopping you pretty much dont need to leave that area at all. The only problem is the road infrastructure is not in place to handle all the new construction. Also the fire dept is volunteer, except for the ambulance which is staffed 24/7 I believe, they do have great volunteers but like anyplace else they cant fill it.

Bountied

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2012
    Pasadena
    The one thing that is holding Chincoteague back is lack of workers. Ocean City really only survives with foreign workers. Even if locals wanted to work, if Chincoteague keeps building they wont have enough. Its expensive to live in the area and seasonal work dont cut it.
    Unless you own the business. Bartenders do pretty well. They all go on unemployment for the colder months then make bank during the on season. I was at Castle in the sand on Saturday then did a boat trip in the evening to Fager's, Seacrets, and Sunset for a night cap. Spent Sunday at the in-laws pool before heading back around 5pm yesterday. No traffic on the way back!

Bountied

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2012
    Pasadena

My in-laws live in Glen Riddle. I like that area. South side deli is my go to.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo

If you don’t have a realtor let me know
    The lady we have used is a long time local.
    She is awesome
    Inventory for sale in the pines last time I looked was low, especially water front. Wife had considered moving but our canal is very wide and we have a very rare finger pier. Gonna have to improve it but contractors are slammed .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheBert

The Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2013
    Gaithersburg, Maryland
    If you don’t have a realtor let me know
    The lady we have used is a long time local.
    She is awesome
    Inventory for sale in the pines last time I looked was low, especially water front. Wife had considered moving but our canal is very wide and we have a very rare finger pier. Gonna have to improve it but contractors are slammed .

I have been looking at the water front homes and they are few and far between and most of them don't have a garage let alone a two car garage. I need space to put my stuff. If we got a water front place our dog would be in the water all of the time.

We are 1/3 owners of our place in OP. My wife's sister doesn't want the place and her brother's wife doesn't want the place. We just need to buy them out.

It is really a nice place, nice covered front porch to sit on and yell at the speeding cars and a two car garage out in back.

Bountied

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2012
    Pasadena
    This is my 4th or 5th year of cutting grass down there, 2nd for the actual Pony Swim Lane part. Your place across from Capt Bobs was that in Ocean Breeze or Bay View?
    Can you cut the grass so they all go out to sea and drown. I hate the ponies, they are the biggest assholes on the planet.

adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE
    Don't recall (what the neighborhood was called) as it was 40 years ago but you could literally see the boats in the marina from there.

TheBert

The Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2013
    Gaithersburg, Maryland
    We're getting ready to build in Pennington across the street from the Pines.

Where is Pennington?

I have seen that Ryan Homes is building some townhomes around the second hole of River Run. I owned a Ryan home in Damascus and will never buy another one.

There is finally activity in the old 3x9 hole goat track golf course on Beauchamp (Bee-chum) Road near the Catholic Church.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom