• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BFMIN

Ultimate Member
    Nov 5, 2010
    Eastern shore
    This really didn't sound like any kind of aircraft. I'm used to aircraft noises (Ex Airforce) & have been to many airshows.
    This was a "roar" not a "Jet Whine".
    As I said really really loud, beyond Concorde take off noise heard from close to the runway.

85MikeTPI

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2014
    Ceciltucky
    I feel like I've stumbled into the Neighbors App, where everyday someone posts about a loud noise, or gun shots, or sirens...

Bountied

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2012
    Pasadena
    I feel like I've stumbled into the Neighbors App, where everyday someone posts about a loud noise, or gun shots, or sirens...

Or they post about an animal wandering around. I saw a weird creature on my ring cam, anyone know what it was? No one cares but you apparently...

SkiPatrolDude

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 24, 2017
    Timonium-Lutherville

When I lived in Baltimore, this was a regular thing, but there were good reasons for the question.

But never did I think that after moving to an extremely safe suburban neighborhood in the county, that it seems the Nextdoor "gunshots or fireworks" posts have actually gotten to be even more frequent than in my city life.

My home backs up to a field which seems to be a hotspot around the 4th and other holidays.

I say 'let em rip'.

BFMIN

Ultimate Member
    Nov 5, 2010
    Eastern shore
    An old steam engine maybe?
    I don't think so because it sounds as though its climbing skyward & moving fast from East to West (more or less).
    I'm familiar with distorted sound signatures from enclosed courtyards & so on but we're on open flat country with no large tall slab side buildings.

Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    I don't think so because it sounds as though its climbing skyward & moving fast from East to West (more or less).
    I'm familiar with distorted sound signatures from enclosed courtyards & so on but we're on open flat country with no large tall slab side buildings.

Where were you more towards? Easton or Cambridge? Its about 13 miles or so between the two.
    Could have been a test of the early warners for the nuke plant/ possible malfunctioning.
    They're over near Smithville rd/Taylors Island way.
    BGE does the maintenance on them if anyone ever noticed tech/line equipment in the vicinity.

Low fast jet aircraft come by all the time around here.
    I always see them heading east towards the coast.
    Never to the west.

BFMIN

Ultimate Member
    Nov 5, 2010
    Eastern shore
    Where were you more towards? Easton or Cambridge? Its about 13 miles or so between the two.
    Could have been a test of the early warners for the nuke plant/ possible malfunctioning.
    They're over near Smithville rd/Taylors Island way.
    BGE does the maintenance on them if anyone ever noticed tech/line equipment in the vicinity.

Low fast jet aircraft come by all the time around here.
    I always see them heading east towards the coast.
    Never to the west.

Just South of Kent Island.
    I doubt its the nuke malfunctioning warning because its a roar, not a whistle or siren. And because it seems to be a once-a-month event on a regular basis. It was apparently happening before I moved here, but I don't know for how long.

BFMIN

Ultimate Member
    Nov 5, 2010
    Eastern shore
    You said you were in the air force, but have you ever been on the receiving end of a jet breaking the sound barrier?
    Sounds like what you're describing.
    I remember feeling this one when it happened:
    https://www.wmdt.com/2018/09/developing-unknown-incident-shakes-delmarva/

Definitely not a sonic boom, I know that sound well.
    This really sounded like a rocket motor of some kind.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wp8oUu0XUyA

Which was why I immediately thought of Wallops.

TI-tick

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    MDS Supporter
    I've heard the exact thing when I was back there in 2021 Fall.

It's not aliens, nor Sasquatch, nor illegal aliens, not chupacabra, nor Russian hookers with blow, nor FJB farts/sharts, nor ballistic sub missiles, nor submissive subs.

The closest thing I could equate it to was back years ago when I was hiking/plinking in the Mojave in CA.
    But for the wind the desert is a pretty quiet place.
    You hear your footsteps.
    You stop and look see.
    Continue...
    May see a lizard.
    May see a rabbit.
    May see a clump of shells.
    May see a shell of a homestead.
    May see windblown trash.
    May see a modern kite, at rest.

May hear a hell of a sudden all-encompassing roar with nothing to see but up.
    And up is a B-1 Bomber directly overhead, 500 feet or so, with the bomb bay doors open.
    One hell of a roar.

That's the closest thing I can equate it to.

But I doubt they have those B-1's on the shore or even close.

A-10's prowl there constantly; ****ers did drive bye's on me while fishing on a boat.
    C-5 are also common.

IDK WTF that noise is but will find out.

I will tell you it's not this:

At least I don't think so.:D:D:D

BFMIN

Ultimate Member
    Nov 5, 2010
    Eastern shore
    I've heard the exact thing when I was back there in 2021 Fall.

It's not aliens, nor Sasquatch, nor illegal aliens, not chupacabra, nor Russian hookers with blow, nor FJB farts/sharts, nor ballistic sub missiles, nor submissive subs.

The closest thing I could equate it to was back years ago when I was hiking/plinking in the Mojave in CA.
    But for the wind the desert is a pretty quiet place.
    You hear your footsteps.
    You stop and look see.
    Continue...
    May see a lizard.
    May see a rabbit.
    May see a clump of shells.
    May see a shell of a homestead.
    May see windblown trash.
    May see a modern kite, at rest.

May hear a hell of a sudden all-encompassing roar with nothing to see but up.
    And up is a B-1 Bomber directly overhead, 500 feet or so, with the bomb bay doors open.
    One hell of a roar.

That's the closest thing I can equate it to.

But I doubt they have those B-1's on the shore or even close.

A-10's prowl there constantly; ****ers did drive bye's on me while fishing on a boat.
    C-5 are also common.

IDK WTF that noise is but will find out.

I will tell you it's not this:

At least I don't think so.:D:D:D

Well, I did have the "All you can eat Bean Burrito Night Special" at the Latina/ Latino pizza place in St Michael's & it was coming from behind so . . .:sad20:

Armadillofz1

Ultimate Member
    Mar 25, 2012
    DM-42
    Out here we have these fantom booms. They shake the whole city and much of the southern part of the state. News reports on them almost daily. Usgs says they are not seismic, military says it’s not them. No one knows. As bizarre as the countless ufos and weird lights (whish seem to have had quite the uptick lately).

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom