• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hobiecat590

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 2, 2016
    It might have been a F35 out of Pax. Except for an F22, the F35 one of the loudest jets currently flying. If it was a F35B practicing hover or very slow flight it is even louder since the exhaust is pointed downward.

BFMIN

Ultimate Member
    Nov 5, 2010
    Eastern shore
    Any type of wells in the area?

Gas well maintenance can sound like a rocket engine.
    not that I know of, but I'm new to the area which is why I asked, hoping someone who's been around here longer or something would be familiar with whatever it is.
    I had no intention of sparking this mess.

Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    not that I know of, but I'm new to the area which is why I asked, hoping someone who's been around here longer or something would be familiar with whatever it is.
    I had no intention of sparking this mess.

There are several recent threads that would qualify as a 'mess'.

I don't think this is one of them. ;)

BFMIN

Ultimate Member
    Nov 5, 2010
    Eastern shore
    The three closest, the "Fig Family" across the street, the neighbor to one side (with the Goldens) & the Vewwy Vewwy quiet one on the other side just look & go "noise"? "what noise"?

BFMIN

Ultimate Member
    Nov 5, 2010
    Eastern shore
    Its funny I used to live about 200 yds away from the threshold for Runway 28L at Heathrow airport.
    We got so used to the big jets going past we literally didn't hear them anymore. We just tuned them out somehow.
    It dawned on us one day when we were all sitting outside under our covered patio & one of the guests literally hurled themselves to the ground as a 747 took off over us.
    We literally went "Huh? Whut"?

TI-tick

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    MDS Supporter
    OP I'm convinced it's a Mil aircraft of some sort.

Why they are blasting around that area IDK. Perhaps a pilot has a girlfriend there and is blowing his horn like the railroad engineers do at certain locations.:D

Maybe the pilot is saying hi to Cheney or Rumsfeld but I believe their compounds are closer to St. Michaels. Maybe those old dudes have hot Granddaughters' that bring out the bang from pilots? IDK.:D

At the time frame referenced most folks are occupied in some capacity. And with the usual normal air traffic, they, as you overseas, may have developed a resistance/or whatever to the noise.

There is someone on here that can track flights. I'll see if I can track that down but IDK if it covers low level whatever they call that flying.

Curious...

Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    Its those jets that come from across the bay. The fly extremely low and fast all the time and have been as long as I can remember.
    Sometimes they fly high. Sometimes they fly low, sometimes they fly that you just dont know.

Often times its the large transports flying that will distract your mind and rattle a woodsman's spine
    Its certainly not a cob stuck in Balvin's corn head on his combine, Chorman's crop dusting rigs or Chessie.
    A gas well being purged off or anything fishy.

BFMIN

Ultimate Member
    Nov 5, 2010
    Eastern shore
    OP I'm convinced it's a Mil aircraft of some sort.

Why they are blasting around that area IDK. Perhaps a pilot has a girlfriend there and is blowing his horn like the railroad engineers do at certain locations.:D

Maybe the pilot is saying hi to Cheney or Rumsfeld but I believe their compounds are closer to St. Michaels. Maybe those old dudes have hot Granddaughters' that bring out the bang from pilots? IDK.:D

At the time frame referenced most folks are occupied in some capacity. And with the usual normal air traffic, they, as you overseas, may have developed a resistance/or whatever to the noise.

There is someone on here that can track flights. I'll see if I can track that down but IDK if it covers low level whatever they call that flying.

Curious...

I have "Flightradar 24", have had for years.
    I get the funny feeling that when we track, down whatever it is we'll all be wearing egg on our faces.

Rambler

Doing the best with the worst.
    Oct 22, 2011
    There was an L39 Albatross fighter trainer flying around the general vicinity it was much louder than the usual biz jets in and out of Easton.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

BFMIN

Ultimate Member
    Nov 5, 2010
    Eastern shore
    Well it is definitely not A 10's.
    We had a flight of three went by East>West while I was working in the yard.
    Similar, but the volume slowly increased to a maximum & then slowly diminished as they approached, passed over, & left.
    This one IMMEDIATELY is loud then slowly diminishes.
    I'm thinking blowing down some kind of very large pressure vessel.

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    Did a neighbor take delivery on a Ferguson?

albundy-mwc.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom