• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Maryland Hunter

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2008
    I think a BIG BIG part of accomplishing this PACs mission will be to educate the general public. I went to my local Capital One bank today to get my collector's form filled out. The guy asked me what it was for and I told him the purpose for wanting to it (not like he cared). He then proceeded by telling me had been thinking of picking up some firearms incase Congress banned any. Which struck up a whole conversation of me informing the impending doom on Oct 1. He was COMPLETELY UNAWARE of what was going on at the state level. I told him he should get on it but to also make sure to vote out those bastards that voted for the bill and to spread the word.

And I can't tell you how many people I've met who think an ar-15 is an "assault rifle" and the misconception that it can shoot a million rounds per second or that it is very easy to convert it to full auto. But then again I live in PG with lots of friends in montgomery county. If we can properly inform them, get your friends out to the shooting range, I'm sure it would help the cause more as more word of mouth gets around.

I've found the same lack of informed people. Some who shoot, with no idea of who MSI is, nothing about the boards here, or anything going on in MD, law-wise. That education needs to start at the dealer level, brochures and such with purchases, and now, before the next session begins. In the middle of a fight, we need as many prepared as possible.

MH

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    I commend you guys for what you're doing, but I'm looking to donate to a group for one thing and one thing only ...

- To defeat anti-gun legislators who voted for this bill

I don't want the focus to be scattered onto any other issues or purposes.

What I think should be done is the following:

1. Find out those delegates who voted for this bill.
    2. Filter by those who have a viable pro-gun challenger who has a chance of winning the next election.
    3. Filter again by how much money is needed to make a difference in that particular election.
    4. Donate and/or volunteer for that challenger.

You can't get them all out, nor can you spend enough money to get them all out, but if you focus on just a handful you might be able to change the face of this state a little at a time. And if the delegates don't know which ones are going to draw the attention of this tactic next, maybe they'll think twice before ignoring their oath again.

So if you guys decide to go in that direction, or if you know of a legitimate group who is, please let me know. Thanks

Welcome to MDS, please review a few of the threads to see what is going on, on all fronts. Pulling donor's lists and contacting the donors. Operation DINO for those districts that we need to affect change. And as for removing folks, there are plans for that in the primaries.

Haides

Ultimate Member
    Oct 12, 2012
    Glen Burnie
    Just signed up. Just FYI, I viewed the page on a mobile and the formatting still seems off (haven't seen the desktop version).

And I still can't get over the ass part... You really might wanna think about scrapping that "a" and going with MDFSS, if at all possible. :D

Maryland Hunter

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2008
    And I still can't get over the ass part... You really might wanna think about scrapping that "a" and going with MDFSS, if at all possible. :D

Not worried about it.

I gotta say, that part of the address really jumps out at you when you first see it. At least to me and my creative mind it does. Might be worth a poll, but if it were me, I'd change it before it becomes too established.

JMO

MH

Haides

Ultimate Member
    Oct 12, 2012
    Glen Burnie
    Minor correction on the mission statement; the last line still says "...in anything other than these four main points" when it should say two.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    I've found the same lack of informed people. Some who shoot, with no idea of who MSI is, nothing about the boards here, or anything going on in MD, law-wise. That education needs to start at the dealer level, brochures and such with purchases, and now, before the next session begins. In the middle of a fight, we need as many prepared as possible.

MH

Every industry store, including the big chains like Bass Pro Shops, Dick's, Walmart, Gander Mtn., etc. all need to get on this -- at least from an educational standpoint. Doesn't need to be a banner at the front entrance, but a prominent and an informative poster where the shooting and hunting equipment are is called for at the very least. Next time you are in the store, talk to the manager and ask them to do it. For the children.

Edit: Also, it seems to me that MSI, SAF, and others, but especially local groups, should contact all Maryland dealers and provide literature and educational materials for dealers to have available to disseminate to their customers, along with membership applications. I don't recall ever seeing such things at the vast majority of sporting goods and dealers that I've been to. Maybe a little bit at one shop in Rockville, but otherwise sparse. Surprising, when you think about it.

Dec 31, 2012
    Every industry store, including the big chains like Bass Pro Shops, Dick's, Walmart, Gander Mtn., etc. all need to get on this -- at least from an educational standpoint. Doesn't need to be a banner at the front entrance, but a prominent and an informative poster where the shooting and hunting equipment are is called for at the very least. Next time you are in the store, talk to the manager and ask them to do it. For the children.

They are "sporting goods stores", some of which just happen to sell guns.
    Don't count on the big box outdoor stores to be taking much in the way of risk, particularly in Maryland. A few months ago the fire marshal inspected these big box outdoor stores and found some of them non-compliant in the storage of black powder and bp substitutes. I have not seen black powder back on the Dick's shelves and really do not expect to again. They will not take the risk of alienating the state officials or some customers for what amounts to a small piece of their sales.

The non-chain stores are the place to start.

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    They are "sporting goods stores", some of which just happen to sell guns.
    Don't count on the big box outdoor stores to be taking much in the way of risk, particularly in Maryland. A few months ago the fire marshal inspected these big box outdoor stores and found some of them non-compliant in the storage of black powder and bp substitutes. I have not seen black powder back on the Dick's shelves and really do not expect to again. They will not take the risk of alienating the state officials or some customers for what amounts to a small piece of their sales.

The non-chain stores are the place to start.

Big box is where new shooters might go. When I can I hang out and work the crowd. If you are discreet and do it one on one I have never been hassled about soliticiting. Be very low key, conversational and do not worry about volume. I never stay more than about 30 - 60 min.

bmonast

Feb 1, 2011
    Gamber, MD
    Donation leads:

http://www.campaignmoney.com/

This website lists everyone by zip code who made a donation to a Federal election. It even shows where the $$ went. We can uses this and some other simple searches to our advantage. Thanks again Occbrian and others for kicking this off.

flyingblind

Oct 3, 2012
    Donation leads:

http://www.campaignmoney.com/

This website lists everyone by zip code who made a donation to a Federal election. It even shows where the $$ went. We can uses this and some other simple searches to our advantage. Thanks again Occbrian and others for kicking this off.

Thank you!

Unfortunately the laws are kind of specific, we cannot just take a list like that and use it, we need to gather our own donor information or buy a list. These lists are very expensive so we will be going it alone at this point. Remember the group is all volunteers so all the money can go to defeating the enemy at the polls, this means very lean running.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Jtlambo

Latest threads

Top Bottom