• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Qbeam

Ultimate Member
    Apr 16, 2008
    Georgia
    Norton,

Has all the recent bans been from the National and State 2A forums? Along with a few Water Cooler posts? The LE ones are nuclear as it is.

Seems emotions get elevated in the 2A Forums and it is to be expected because of all the infringements that are going on.

Some members leave for a while because of this and only stick with actual firearm, knife, and non 2A postings.

I know that if I put a statement in the 2A Forums, I need to be prepared to be called out, flamed, and criticized. It is part of making and defending your statement. Name calling or degrading someone is not the way to do it, from both sides of the argument. If you can't defend the argument civilly and only do a drive-by, maybe the individual needs to rethink their stance.

Unfortunately, in MD we are pushing water uphill. While some are still hunting at the lake down below, the ones caring the buckets of water uphill are getting frustrated that no one else but the bucket carriers can see the forest fire at the top of the hill.

I wouldn't want your job as I tend to be biased on what I can see happening, and I appreciate the work that you do for the forum. A lot of the senior members(early join date, not post count) have moved on, and stay away from most 2A discussions because it de-evolves after a period of time.

Thanks for the work you do.

Q

Mr. Ed

This IS my Happy Face
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2009
    Edgewater
    snip...

This reminds me of 2013 when inflamed emotions got the better of a lot of people on here, me included. Hopefully people will calm down and think twice about what they post.

"It's not what you say, it's how you say it."

Those of us who have been around for a while have seen elevated emotions and higher stress around this time every year, concurrent with the MGA shenanigans. It's nothing new. I think it's admirable that folks have a high enough GAS factor to care deeply about 2A issues (and to take whatever action they individually deem appropriate), and sad that sometimes we fail to formulate our posts into forum conforming dialogue.

This current season seems to be the most severe example of heightened emotions and sensitive feelings that I can remember. As others have said much more eloquently than I can, we can get along just fine face to face (well, most of us can), but add the impersonality of keyboards, and sometimes exhaustion and tongue-loosening beverages, and we can become less lovable.

Many thanks to the mods for guiding and reigning us in when we need it, and for keeping MDS a safe enough place for us to share info that may help us ALL in the fight against unconstitutional tyranny. Oh yeah, and share cool info about our mutually favorite sport. :thumbsup:

Qbeam

Ultimate Member
    Apr 16, 2008
    Georgia
    Plus we find out great info like the all male hug-in thread :)

Ummm….. Okkkayyyy….. maybe if we repeal FSA2013, get CCW as shall issue, and NFA gets opened back up and we can purchase the happy items again at bargain prices, I may consider it......:innocent0:lol2:

Q

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    Shame we don't have a "Clubhouse" like some rod and gun clubs I have been a member of have. It would be nice to be able to get together, have a drink or two. Maybe a little food. Discuss issues we face as group or participate in our hobby (if that is even the right word for it). eRuby did a lot of good with the get together he put together in LaPlata. We need more of that.

I would only add: and settle differences the old fashioned way with some bullseye shooting.

PowPow

Where's the beef?
    Nov 22, 2012
    Howard County
    Those of us who have been around for a while have seen elevated emotions and higher stress around this time every year, concurrent with the MGA shenanigans. It's nothing new. I think it's admirable that folks have a high enough GAS factor to care deeply about 2A issues (and to take whatever action they individually deem appropriate), and sad that sometimes we fail to formulate our posts into forum conforming dialogue.

This current season seems to be the most severe example of heightened emotions and sensitive feelings that I can remember. As others have said much more eloquently than I can, we can get along just fine face to face (well, most of us can), but add the impersonality of keyboards, and sometimes exhaustion and tongue-loosening beverages, and we can become less lovable.

Many thanks to the mods for guiding and reigning us in when we need it, and for keeping MDS a safe enough place for us to share info that may help us ALL in the fight against unconstitutional tyranny. Oh yeah, and share cool info about our mutually favorite sport. :thumbsup:

Good post! :thumbsup:

Bolts Rock

Living in Free America!
    Apr 8, 2012
    Northern Alabama
    Now if only the ankle biting chihuahuas that instigate this shit would also get banned.

I got no dog in MD's fight having escaped the gulag but I can tell you how it is in Free America and use the Asylum's shenanigans to illustrate to people here how vigilant we have to stay to keep America free.

IDFInfantry

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Feb 21, 2013
    Nomad
    As gun owners here in Maryland we face a very very difficult fight for our rights ahead. I have nothing but respect for both Jeff and his brother. They are men of action and I for one am eternally grateful that they are in the fight with us for our rights! Make no mistake the left will continually chip away at our rights until there is nothing left! This is their ultimate goal and they have pretty much unlimited funding. They will succeed unless we have a consolidated force against their total gun control agenda! Jeff and others for sure were integral in organizing efforts against these gun grabbers. Some of these very gun grabbers labeled us terrorists and extremists simply for wanting our 2nd amendment rights left alone! I for one am saddened by the ban but it certainly is a private site and I respect that. I'll leave you gents with this to ponder!

[YT]Ph1P62MLxHQ[/YT]

That guy Jeff

The artist formerly known as eljefefx
    Sep 28, 2010
    An island in the PNW
    Yes, absolutely. A few weeks ago, a member was temp banned for stirring the pot and calling everyone nazis. He then made a fake profile and PM'ed me pretending to be a neo nazi and wanted to team up with me. Clearly, I'm not that type and forwarded the PM to Norton. Permaban.

He seriously ****ing did that?

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005

To be absolutely clear - Not Jeff.....someone totally and wholly separate from this entire chain of events.

That was just the usual shit stirrer that was looking for evidence where there was none.

Huckleberry

No One of Consequence
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Severn & Lewes
    You don’t get banned from MDS, you ban yourself from MDS by your words and actions.

We all know there’s a line and if you cross it then you have to be prepared to face the consequences for your actions. You want to ride like an outlaw then you better be prepared to die like an outlaw.

As for the crosses and burdens we all carry, some have it far worse than others and they have a right to be angry with God and the rest of the world. They got dealt a bad hand but that does not give them the right to take their anger out on those around them, especially those that are caring and supporting them to carry their burden.

To be absolutely clear - Not Jeff.....someone totally and wholly separate from this entire chain of events.

That was just the usual shit stirrer that was looking for evidence where there was none.

Sorry for note being 100% clear. It was Schmeul2004 (Givati Rifle Club guy) who did that. This link should get you close to where it was discussed, starting at post #465...
    https://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=140574&page=47

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    Norton,

Has all the recent bans been from the National and State 2A forums? Along with a few Water Cooler posts? The LE ones are nuclear as it is.

Seems emotions get elevated in the 2A Forums and it is to be expected because of all the infringements that are going on.

Q

It's no one thing. In any of the circumstances over the last week or two, people would like at "the reason" a that their BFF got sent packing and say, "That was it? That's all?" and then think that we are repressing someone.

The truth is that in every one of the three instances over the last couple of weeks that it is a composite of behaviors that we have repeatedly modified through individual infractions (which are nothing but handslaps by themselves), removing posts to stop real and potential arguments, closing threads, and temporary vacations.

Over time, it just becomes that those composites of behaviors are not going to change and are just no longer compatible with the intent of this community which has always been since day one of DD214 opening shop that we are here to bring people together.

We have several guiding principles for how we have accomplished that mission and they have served us well for now 14 years.

Speed3

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    MD
    It's no one thing. In any of the circumstances over the last week or two, people would like at "the reason" a that their BFF got sent packing and say, "That was it? That's all?" and then think that we are repressing someone.

The truth is that in every one of the three instances over the last couple of weeks that it is a composite of behaviors that we have repeatedly modified through individual infractions (which are nothing but handslaps by themselves), removing posts to stop real and potential arguments, closing threads, and temporary vacations.

Over time, it just becomes that those composites of behaviors are not going to change and are just no longer compatible with the intent of this community which has always been since day one of DD214 opening shop that we are here to bring people together.

We have several guiding principles for how we have accomplished that mission and they have served us well for now 14 years.

I'm impartial to RR ban and Blasters ban, but just wanted to say thanks to all the Admins that do this "thankless" job to keep this board running smooth.

As of recent seems the train has gone off the rails on a few occasions. I understand that different people are passionate about different things, but we all need to treat each other with respect. We are all here for the same reasons, enjoyment of the shooting community. Whether it be handguns, blackpowder, cowboy shooting, PRS, long range...doesn't matter. If something bothers you, skip the thread and move on or say your peace. Continuing the "back and forth" for 47 pages doesn't help anything.

Ok sorry, rant off....but thanks again Admins.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom