• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Silverlode

Ultimate Member
    Aug 16, 2010
    Frederick
    PP, for all of the good work that it it has done, has done nothing more than Alinsky anyone here who dares not to worship with full fealty at the altar of St. Jeff.

Anyone who might just have something that canonically that they aren't onboard with is instantly swarmed by the faithful, abused by the leadership and marginalized as being a Fudd or worse. It's the classic identify, attack and paralyze tactic and you guys need to be afraid that it's being used against other gun owners.

It is absolutely destroying the very independence of thought that this community was always intended to represent.

Walk off grand slam.

Thank you, Norton. It's the snide, pompous, condescending comments and unnecessary bickering that drives me away from MDS for extended periods of time. And I'm sure it discourages others from participating in what should be a welcoming forum for gun enthusiasts. Here's to a friendlier, less antogonistic MDS! :beer:

And this.

Edit/Add: I'm sure I too have been an a-hole somewhere along the line in the last 9 years and 3800+ posts. So, I get the "glass houses" and all. Philosophically, Norton is on point. I'm sure somebody will be along shortly to point out something I spelled wrong to prove his point.

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    PP , is a result of the liberals constantly biting at us . Many type of groups & people are needed for the fight , fat kids , skinny kids , loud kids , kind kids , rough around he edge kids . It does no good to blame any one kid for the way to do things .

United we stand divided we fall , Men Sharpen Men - Iron Sharpens Iron

Although i did not always agree i would fight along side of those guy & girls of the PP and they have every right to do what they are and were doing .

spoon059

Ultimate Member
    Jun 1, 2018
    Norton, I didn't like your first post. You last post was even worse. Sounds like you are butt hurt and could use a little self imposed ban.
    I gotta be honest, I'm surprised that he offered as much info as he did. Usually people get banned and we are unaware. As frequent a poster as Rack was, his presence will be missed and noticed. Because he is who he is, I kind of appreciate a heads up about what is going on.

I don't have a problem with him, though he has come at me in some threads. I certainly understand and have seen the type of behavior that Norton speaks of. I have just gravitated away from certain threads because i know that my opinion isn't appreciated and I'll be attacked for it. I just find that it isn't worth my time to comment on some threads, as all they want is an echo chamber.

All that is meant to say that I appreciate Norton giving us a heads up, even of I think it could have been presented with a little less emotion.

Hope Rack keeps winning against cancer and the MGA, but agree that his rhetoric could use some refinement.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Odarlin1

Ultimate Member
    This is nuts. So thankful for Jeff and PP out there fighting. I mean no malice when I say Katie told someone to go F themselves and she was coddled and not banned. Why should Jeff or anyone else not be giving more latitude. But hey, it's your website. I just think rules should be applied equally across the board.

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    This is nuts. So thankful for Jeff and PP out there fighting. I mean no malice when I say Katie told someone to go F themselves and she was coddled and not banned. Why should Jeff or anyone else not be giving more latitude. But hey, it's your website. I just think rules should be applied equally across the board.

There are plenty of us that have done as much or more and did so without need of a cult of personality along with it.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    I learned a long time ago that when Jeff had an opinion, there was no discussing it with him. I have since declined to get into "discussions" about things that were important to the PP. But I guess that's part of what Norton was saying. It was impossible to have an alternative narrative. Jeff is a very upstanding guy. Very passionate and I think that's where the problem lies. Jeff and I spent over 2 hours on the phone one night when he disagreed with something I had said about the PP in their early days. We talked at other times when he was on the road too, just to talk about things. I wish him and the PP the very best of luck. I hold no animosity towards Jeff. I know how difficult it must have been for Norton to do what he did, but I do understand. This is the Maryland Shooters Forum, not the Patriot Picket Forum.

Good Luck to all and my best wishes.

Garet Jax

Not ignored by gamer_jim
    MDS Supporter
    May 5, 2011
    Bel Air
    The fundamental problem with the internet is that people somehow think that their dick size on the internet actually counts for anything. Its doesn't. Your dick size on the internet and $2.79 wont even get you a cup of coffee. Your dick size on the internet is zero, you can stop measuring it.

Me thinks you're buying coffee at the wrong place...

Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008

Attachments

• 420F974F-A477-49C3-AD90-CF326AE94972.jpeg
      420F974F-A477-49C3-AD90-CF326AE94972.jpeg
      45.4 KB · Views: 695

knovotny

Feb 5, 2013
    Aberdeen, MD

I haven't read this whole thread, as I've been at the range. But I got a warning, so I wasn't coddled. It was also the first infraction I had ever had, it wasn't without provocation, and the other parties and I spoke and sorted it out. I've kept it clean and civil since. I imagine if I had continued in that manner, I would have gone to camp. Instead I finally got some sleep after well over 24 hours up, and cooled off.

Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008
    Does this thread create a precedent for everyone going forward that is banned? Seems to be cathartic.

River02

One Ping Only...
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 19, 2015
    Mid-Maryland
    I haven't read this whole thread, as I've been at the range. But I got a warning, so I wasn't coddled. It was also the first infraction I had ever had, it wasn't without provocation, and the other parties and I spoke and sorted it out. I've kept it clean and civil since. I imagine if I had continued in that manner, I would have gone to camp. Instead I finally got some sleep after well over 24 hours up, and cooled off.

Hmmm---sounds like a serious case of "Adulting" to me... well done.

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    Does this thread a precedent for everyone going forward that is banned? Seems to be cathartic.

Nah, just a reminder. When one gets extremely passionate or motivated, treat others as you would want to be treated.

We have all been there, and got a little too excited about something. The only thing that was different, the circumstance(s) that got us to that place.

The MDS rule has always been: Post on here, as if your children or family member were going to read your posts.

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    Nah, just a reminder. When one gets extremely passionate or motivated, treat others as you would want to be treated.

We have all been there, and got a little too excited about something. The only thing that was different, the circumstance(s) that got us to that place.

The MDS rule has always been: Post on here, as if your children or family member were going to read your posts.

Unless it's another epic hottiez thread then post until someone screws up and the hundreds of pages all get deleted

Brychan

Ultimate Member
    Apr 24, 2009
    Baltimore
    I spend a lot of time here. I applaud all the hard work R&R put into the fight with the anti 2A forces. I appreciate the work the mods do to keep this site working. I understand lively debate, but I see way too much taking that to the extreme. Sometimes it not the wisest course try and bring someone to your point of view and worse to try and get the last word in.

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    Does this thread create a precedent for everyone going forward that is banned? Seems to be cathartic.

No. But it is unprecedented that a supposed leader of an organization was banned permanently.

buellsfurn

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2015
    southern end of Maryland
    No. It has nothing to do with freedom of speech and everything to do with stop being a passive aggressive, snide commenting ass.

PP, for all of the good work that it it has done, has done nothing more than Alinsky anyone here who dares not to worship with full fealty at the altar of St. Jeff.

Anyone who might just have something that canonically that they aren't onboard with is instantly swarmed by the faithful, abused by the leadership and marginalized as being a Fudd or worse. It's the classic identify, attack and paralyze tactic and you guys need to be afraid that it's being used against other gun owners.

It is absolutely destroying the very independence of thought that this community was always intended to represent.

Even after a one week vacation, within less than a couple of hours, the passive aggressive ******** starts back up. His nasty sniping infects nearly corner of every conversation here, and we know for a fact that he incites the faithful to follow suit.

On the other hand, we have the panty waisted people who simply don't like Jeff and they spend their entire lives scouring every punctuation mark of the PP, reporting posts and trying to use us as their enforcers for their personal problems. You're a bunch of asses too and just as big a part of the problem.

For those of you that are "OMG Jeff is gone, I'm gone too....." See ya. You're proving my point.
    This is the part i dont understand but its ok to purposely push the buttons and add fuel when they know it works but that's ok ! It's not name calling but its being a instigating piss ant . As it's has been said already if you do not like what your reading go to the next thread. Im sorry Norton the ruling seems to be one sided button pushing guy name calling guy both are vested my 2 cents.And the ones that are calling sending PM's and complaining to Norton must have had their lunch taken from them everyday at school

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom