• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    To be fair to the Admins, R&R was given a 7 day ban camp vacation with an explanation of why that occurred. It would seem he stepped on Norton's toes shortly after coming back from vacation. Norton was in a no win situation, like he is every time someone gets permabanned. I don't envy Norton or any of the other mods who have to take what's best for the forum and apply it to EVERYONE.

Best of luck to those who have been banned and those who don't feel this forum is up to their standards any longer and leave. We all are our own bosses. Enjoy life, it's much too short. Enjoy your friends because they come and go. Family is most precious and remember to say I Love You to those who you do love.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    FWIW, I think Jeff's work is important. It's not the only tool in the box, but it has brought many MDS members into contact with the MDGA and its denizens, and influenced some of the GA in a positive way. It would be a shame to relegate PP to the dustbin of history.

I'm sure that the ticking clock in his cells is pushing him toward more action, to get done whatever he can accomplish in the time he has to do so.

Also, beyond physical pain and emotional frustration with the state's politics, there's the medication thing. Being pumped full of poisons on a regular basis has side effects, not all of them physical. Many cancer patients are on steroids, and that tends to result in a more aggressive bent.

My hope is that there will still be a mechanism in place here to alert those who care to participate in PP activities. Whether or not one approves of the organisation and its work, it cannot be denied that it has proved useful in several ways, and has had a strong hand in bringing many of us together, physically, put faces to names, and helped reinforce bonds among the membership.

I try to ignore personalities and deal with issues - sometimes successfully. Until the asshat in me screams to go out and play. (It's the Internet that made me do it! Damn Al Gore anyway - whether or not he invented it,)

Sorry to lose Jeff here; I trust the organisation will carry on.

Any argument has more than one side. All those who persist in tormenting the bears bear some of the blame, if not the burden.

buellsfurn

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2015
    southern end of Maryland
    FWIW, I think Jeff's work is important. It's not the only tool in the box, but it has brought many MDS members into contact with the MDGA and its denizens, and influenced some of the GA in a positive way. It would be a shame to relegate PP to the dustbin of history.

I'm sure that the ticking clock in his cells is pushing him toward more action, to get done whatever he can accomplish in the time he has to do so.

Also, beyond physical pain and emotional frustration with the state's politics, there's the medication thing. Being pumped full of poisons on a regular basis has side effects, not all of them physical. Many cancer patients are on steroids, and that tends to result in a more aggressive bent.

My hope is that there will still be a mechanism in place here to alert those who care to participate in PP activities. Whether or not one approves of the organisation and its work, it cannot be denied that it has proved useful in several ways, and has had a strong hand in bringing many of us together, physically, put faces to names, and helped reinforce bonds among the membership.

I try to ignore personalities and deal with issues - sometimes successfully. Until the asshat in me screams to go out and play. (It's the Internet that made me do it! Damn Al Gore anyway - whether or not he invented it,)

Sorry to lose Jeff here; I trust the organisation will carry on.

Any argument has more than one side. All those who persist in tormenting the bears bear some of the blame, if not the burden.

Yes sir

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    This is the part i dont understand but its ok to purposely push the buttons and add fuel when they know it works but that's ok ! It's not name calling but its being a instigating piss ant . As it's has been said already if you do not like what your reading go to the next thread. Im sorry Norton the ruling seems to be one sided button pushing guy name calling guy both are vested my 2 cents.And the ones that are calling sending PM's and complaining to Norton must have had their lunch taken from them everyday at school

The aforementioned panty waists are for the most part ignored because they are like the angry old dudes that sit by the window with a notebook all day long and write down every perceived infraction that they see. In fact, some of those no loads have found themselves in turn excused for a while because the signal to noise ratio are too far askew.

That however does not change the very simple fact that after THREE PAGES of incremental infractions since 2015, several vacations, hundreds and hundreds of posts removed through soft moderation, and dozens of PMs intended to correct the objectionable behavior, it didn't change.

In fact, within hours of returning from a vacation, he started over as if it never happened which is just a flagrantly disrespectful gesture to the entire community and to the staff.

Meanwhile, I've got the loyal faithful in the other camp that are believers that all we do is run cover for this guy and his crew and have their underwear in a twist because "their guys" (do you see how effing ridiculous this is yet?) got more posts removed and then got banned than did Jeff and "his guys".

Then I've got the Facebook crew that believes we are agents of repression and are likewise nearly literal in wanting to count up the number of posts and infractions between each perceived "side".

Do any of you at all even see how absurd this is? It is literally middle school developmental level behavior in the perceptions of "sides" and "fair" with absolutely no corresponding understanding of responsibility.

I've said it before and I'll say it again - the most fun this place ever was was when we were at 750 members, we all knew one another, drank together and shot together. I'll let 750 people go if it gets us back to that because this noise has got to stop.

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    Don't forget Shmuel2004 representing (kamikaze style) Givati :lol2:

Yeah - whatever that guy was....yikes. Not to mention that he in turn created another account, represented himself as a Nazi and tried to reach out to people through PMs to find out where the secret Nazi crew was here.

Totally psycho.

Mr. Ed

This IS my Happy Face
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2009
    Edgewater
    Sometimes it takes a catastrophic event to bring folks back to center, and let go of their animosities. When kids are told, "Don't do that or else." but there's never an "or else", they run amok. I believe we've been witnessing appropriate parenting with demonstrations of what "or else" means in real time.

Let's wish each other well, learn from these events, and move forward. :rolleyes:

FWIW I'm quite fond of, and have tremendous respect, for all parties involved.

Vetted84

Nov 8, 2016

PP has a website and a Facebook page. Both useful avenues for perpetuating their form of activism. Should be easy to add a forum to the web page or create an invitation only Facebook group.

TexDefender

Ultimate Member
    Feb 28, 2017
    This is the part i dont understand but its ok to purposely push the buttons and add fuel when they know it works but that's ok ! It's not name calling but its being a instigating piss ant . As it's has been said already if you do not like what your reading go to the next thread. Im sorry Norton the ruling seems to be one sided button pushing guy name calling guy both are vested my 2 cents.And the ones that are calling sending PM's and complaining to Norton must have had their lunch taken from them everyday at school

This is not about an organization, this was about a person that was according to Norton warned three times in a row. Temp banned and came back and started it again. Not even 24 hours had elapsed. My understanding is this wasn't his first time down the road. It like Jeff, I like very one I have meet so far from this forum. Baiting each other is not healthy debate nor civil conversation.

We should have healthy debates, this is how we exchange and challenge. ideas. But destroying the independence of thought of this community shouldn't be allowed. Being in a echo chamber is what got the "Russian Collusion" folks in trouble. Let us not pit one another against our selfs, that is what the left wants.

But if I'm right and www.patriotpicket.org is indeed the PP website it might be better that he starts a forum there. It would benefit PP, and there is nothing to stop someone from going to both sites. It would allow Jeff to say anything he cares to say, and would be only reflective of that organization.

I can't speak for Norton. But couldn't a representative of PP ask Norton if it would be ok to post an event in the event portion of this website with date, time, reason/purpose of the event, and any other pertinent details?

Mightydog

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    As Norton said earlier, this is NOT Norton’s forum, it is NOT the PP forum...it is the MDS forum. A place where like minded individuals can discuss anything from fixing a hot water heater to what type snow blower to buy to asking informed individuals a specific question concerning gun laws and their firearms experiences. There have been more than a few times where enthusiasm of certain rights have escalated to bitching matches or who has the bigger pair contests. Those are the exceptions and not the norm. I thank Jeff and all Pickets for their part in making the public more aware of the issues facing us in Marylinistan and stepping to the forefront of this fight. I also thank the mods for their efforts to keep this forum what is was...an informed spot to find someone to answer/help with any issue gun related or not. Our own “Band of Brothers”. My only advice is to treat other members the way you yourself would want to be treated. Amen!

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    The aforementioned panty waists are for the most part ignored because they are like the angry old dudes that sit by the window with a notebook all day long and write down every perceived infraction that they see. In fact, some of those no loads have found themselves in turn excused for a while because the signal to noise ratio are too far askew.

That however does not change the very simple fact that after THREE PAGES of incremental infractions since 2015, several vacations, hundreds and hundreds of posts removed through soft moderation, and dozens of PMs intended to correct the objectionable behavior, it didn't change.

In fact, within hours of returning from a vacation, he started over as if it never happened which is just a flagrantly disrespectful gesture to the entire community and to the staff.

Meanwhile, I've got the loyal faithful in the other camp that are believers that all we do is run cover for this guy and his crew and have their underwear in a twist because "their guys" (do you see how effing ridiculous this is yet?) got more posts removed and then got banned than did Jeff and "his guys".

Then I've got the Facebook crew that believes we are agents of repression and are likewise nearly literal in wanting to count up the number of posts and infractions between each perceived "side".

Do any of you at all even see how absurd this is? It is literally middle school developmental level behavior in the perceptions of "sides" and "fair" with absolutely no corresponding understanding of responsibility.

I've said it before and I'll say it again - the most fun this place ever was was when we were at 750 members, we all knew one another, drank together and shot together. I'll let 750 people go if it gets us back to that because this noise has got to stop.

Which reminds me, we gotta hit up riverbay roadhouse some time soon. Those were fun days. I don't know how many people remember the fresh spirit this place had back then, but it was a nice alternative to the shenanigans over on thehighroad. Basically everyone had the screennames, but we all pretty much knew each other by face and actual name. The in-person relationships made it a little easier to treat each other as people instead of a soulless avatar on a screen with no intrinsic worth.

I don't really remember admins having to do a ton of nasty-work back then, as the individuals understood their roles in maintaining the community. I think you guys could brag, in those days, about never having locked a thread or banned anyone. The place exploded in popularity around '08 and then again in '12. It has served as THE organizational structure for the 2a presence in maryland. MSI enjoyed norton's leadership as he completely reformed the organization from fledgling operation to one with a coherent structure, complete with a board that could maintain a long term vision.

Gun bill days were planned and shared here. It's the reason why we were able to coordinate a presence of thousands in annapolis to fight FSA2013. It's still how we're organizing the fight in this current session.

Frostbite shoots at delmarva used to be a one day event with food, prizes, and name tags. It was where we built relationships and introduced new people to the world of firearms in a family-friendly(even with terry there) environment. We got solid memories, like clandestine's boy earning his nickname "the impaler".

Since that time the site has grown, dd214 has handed it over, and it's starting to get some of the problems other forums have once they reach anonymous maturity. The admins have done a great job at largely preserving the culture of a unified community, despite some very vocal personalities shuffling the deck a bit on them. The expansion is double-edged. The 2a community now has access to more talents than ever before and has a greater reach for information and influence on society than ever before. It's probably getting close to a turning point though where people here need to decide if we want to take care of the house Don built while nursing umbrella drinks, or just fall into balkanization and tear the beyotch down.

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    I have always thought meeting and having lunch , get together and for events there is less of a chance of issues . We are faceless robots here with keyboards that show no emotion , plus we all try to be tough guys .

I will say it here as part of a reconciliation on my part and a way to cleanse any negative issues , I would encourage to drop me a PM . Let's start over from zero , it is all I can offer I want to be a positive here at MDS .

motorcoachdoug

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Norton
    You were put into a situation where you would be damned if you do and damned if you don't. I am glad that I did not have to make that choice that you had to make. We are all so very grateful for all the hard work you to keep this running. I tip my hat to you sir..:patriot::mdpatriot:

Aventus

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 5, 2016
    WOW, dumb, dumb, dumb and REALLY DUMB. PP received much traction because of MDS. It's logical to think MDS gained much traction from Patriot Picket. With that symbiosis, imagine the potential for MDS and PP in the future. This partnership could have become a juggernaut for the 2A cause far beyond what it is/was today.

I gladly opened my wallet to this cause as did many other MDS members. However, few people are going to support this unprofessional waste of time going forward.

This is to everyone involved in this kindergarten spat. You fell into a barrel full of big, beautiful, perfect t!t$ and you came out sucking your own d!@k. Down the road, all of you will look back on this and say to yourselves, "boy did we screw up".

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    I'm working to compile a comprehensive list of the people who are self proclaimed to be "done".

They're part of the cheerleading squad that has helped land the community where we're at lately.

East2West

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jul 20, 2013
    Nomalley, Nobama
    Well eventually the forum will be a nice little down the middle echo chamber, free from dissenting voices. A shame, but it's not my sandbox, or Jeff's. Play by the rules or get the ban hammer.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    lsmitty67

Latest threads

Top Bottom