• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    I loaded 95% of those .45 Colt and .45acp back in January and February.

The problem is getting the primers though to reload. At least those probably won't be missing entirely for years and years. If RP really is only doing 9mm and 5.56 reloading for the foreseeable future...

Some other guys might be doing something similar. Going to make it mighty hard to get something that isn't one of those for months at least. Unless you reload. Then again, most of the guys that sell primers, also sell loaded ammo. So they might be using all the primers they are making for loaded ammunition.

So maybe they won't be easy to find for a long time also.

glueru

Lead em to bleed em
    Aug 18, 2020
    Columbus, Ohio
    Consider:
    You stockpile 10,000's of ammo, it's very heavy, one 30 cal ammo can is pretty heavy right?
    The "Zombies" come into your neighborhood, you shoot just one, the angry mob returns, they set your house on fire, you can't go outside to put out the fire, they have guns too, so you run, leaving all that ammo behind....
    Why not use a gun with common ammo found on the streets and acquire it as you go.
    Bunkers have to be defended, a wood house is not defendable, hell even concrete bunkers have air vents, a vulnerability for fire, gas, etc.
    Very few live deep enough in the hills, and have the personnel to defend it 24/7 from all angles, that requires a couple platoons rotating times and watches.
    As Gen Patton said, "Fixed fortifications are a monument to man's stupidly". that was in 1944, still applies.
    With social media and mobility, they can appear pretty quick, with gear and more 'Zombies'.
    Is a plan to defend until you can't, then bug out, to the hills, where many others think they are going too. And all them hills are owned by someone who may be set up to defend it.

Bolts Rock

Living in Free America!
    Apr 8, 2012
    Northern Alabama
    The problem is getting the primers though to reload. At least those probably won't be missing entirely for years and years. If RP really is only doing 9mm and 5.56 reloading for the foreseeable future...

Some other guys might be doing something similar. Going to make it mighty hard to get something that isn't one of those for months at least. Unless you reload. Then again, most of the guys that sell primers, also sell loaded ammo. So they might be using all the primers they are making for loaded ammunition.

So maybe they won't be easy to find for a long time also.

Already had primers, powder, bullets, wads and shot stocked up. Still have 10K primers of various sizes and lots of powder. Most of the empty brass is also loaded.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    Consider:
    You stockpile 10,000's of ammo, it's very heavy, one 30 cal ammo can is pretty heavy right?
    The "Zombies" come into your neighborhood, you shoot just one, the angry mob returns, they set your house on fire, you can't go outside to put out the fire, they have guns too, so you run, leaving all that ammo behind....
    Why not use a gun with common ammo found on the streets and acquire it as you go.
    Bunkers have to be defended, a wood house is not defendable, hell even concrete bunkers have air vents, a vulnerability for fire, gas, etc.
    Very few live deep enough in the hills, and have the personnel to defend it 24/7 from all angles, that requires a couple platoons rotating times and watches.
    As Gen Patton said, "Fixed fortifications are a monument to man's stupidly". that was in 1944, still applies.
    With social media and mobility, they can appear pretty quick, with gear and more 'Zombies'.
    Is a plan to defend until you can't, then bug out, to the hills, where many others think they are going too. And all them hills are owned by someone who may be set up to defend it.

Consider. You drop one, the rest aren’t coming back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015

Or as importantly, that’s not the primary consideration for most guys who have stocked up. It’s to have ammo for times like now, when it is either just not available. Or not at a price most people can afford. Or if the Dems someone like Trump decide to make it impossible to buy ammo or ridiculously expensive/difficult.

I’d love to have a (long) lifetimes supply. I certainly don’t. But I am good for a few years without being careful. Probably could manage a few decades being pretty careful (but still hitting the range. Shotgunning would probably be my weak spot. Not sure I have more than a flat of target shells. Need to fix that when I reasonably can. Though I am not doing shotgun shooting these days).

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    Sadly i ponies up for some CCI i found from some random company. I have two 550 rd boxes but don’t shoot them in my guns. I will now have 1K of CCI. That will be enough to last me 15 years as i pretty much never shoot .22 but i do have a young son so i need some to just have around.

glueru

Lead em to bleed em
    Aug 18, 2020
    Columbus, Ohio

That sounds great, but in reality, the enemy never sleeps.
    What I see on Fox news, that is not the case, not at all.
    The left mob is unabated and law enforcement can't deal with it, or won't

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    Not really Rimfire related but early March when stuff started skyrocketing my nephew was scheduled to go to basic. Well what did he want to do as his send off? Drink, shoot guns, and go fishing. So we went down to the shore. Me being the only one who stockpiles had to pony up (I’m super proud of him so it wasn’t an issue). He and two other friends of his shot 1K 556, 1K 7.62x39, 250 rds of 45acp, probably 250 of 9mm, and maybe 100 rounds of 38........all mine lol!

PS he graduated basic and is now in week 3 of ATC school in Fl and I couldn’t be more proud! Well worth what the admission price was!

glueru

Lead em to bleed em
    Aug 18, 2020
    Columbus, Ohio

my point is not to provoke an argument, but rather to provoke thought.
    I too have more ammo than i can carry, a lot is for practice and enough to go mobile when needed. Have to consider food and water. To save weight I carry dehydrated water, (purification tablets and life straws).
    It doesn't take much to exceed a long carry pack. I have some friends and family with cabins and/or land, but every hillbilly within 10 miles knows about it and checks it weekly for changes, if you're lucky, they haven't already stripped it clean monthly.
    Just things to consider and plan for, we all need a plan A, B and C in the minimum.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    That sounds great, but in reality, the enemy never sleeps.
    What I see on Fox news, that is not the case, not at all.
    The left mob is unabated and law enforcement can't deal with it, or won't

Perhaps consider your sources...

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    Perhaps consider your sources...

The "source" doesn't change what you actually see occurring in videos of burning buildings and people getting their heads kicked in as people standing around fretting say, out loud, "There aren't any police anywhere!"

Consider your willingness to dismiss what you can see with your eyes. When you blow that stuff off, you become the dubious source of spun perspective.

lemmdus

Feb 24, 2015
    No one to blame but ourselves. Looks like this is going to keep happening because people freak the heck out over everything. Honestly, how much ammo does one need? If you had to leave the area, how much can you carry? If you are going to stay in your house and fight, bad idea by the way, more likely you will expire before all the creates of ammo you bought. Finally, plan your training accordingly. Do you HAVE to go to the range and fire that weapon as often. There is plenty of dry fire training out there that use a laser and your cell phone. I have one and its awesome. I can train as often as I like right in my house.

adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE
    No one to blame but ourselves. Looks like this is going to keep happening because people freak the heck out over everything. Honestly, how much ammo does one need? If you had to leave the area, how much can you carry? If you are going to stay in your house and fight, bad idea by the way, more likely you will expire before all the creates of ammo you bought. Finally, plan your training accordingly. Do you HAVE to go to the range and fire that weapon as often. There is plenty of dry fire training out there that use a laser and your cell phone. I have one and its awesome. I can train as often as I like right in my house.

Ammo is currency.

The stock market is up 50% from its low this year.

The ammo market is up 300%+ this year.

rooster

Rebel looking for a cause
    Aug 1, 2010
    Eldersburg, MD

Nothing beats going to the range with my MAC10 with the 5.56 upper and blowing off 1,000 rds!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Marty S.

Latest threads

Top Bottom