• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lemmdus

Feb 24, 2015
    Of course if things get REALLY bad, I have lead, a smelter, and the bullet casts and can make rounds for my .36 Colt and .44 Colt and .44 Remington. .50 Cal for my muzzle loader. I also have black powder and caps.

glueru

Lead em to bleed em
    Aug 18, 2020
    Columbus, Ohio
    Perhaps consider your sources...

truth.jpg

jeff g

BANNED!!!
    Jul 7, 2020
    Nothing beats going to the range with my MAC10 with the 5.56 upper and blowing off 1,000 rds!

QUESTION I got an M11 9 way back in 1990-92 something like that during the first Bush administration. That seems to make it legal to have but I was reading something about not being allowed to transport it. Does that mean we can't take it to the range?

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    That sounds great, but in reality, the enemy never sleeps.
    What I see on Fox news, that is not the case, not at all.
    The left mob is unabated and law enforcement can't deal with it, or won't

Actually if you were forced to do it, the animals would move on to easier targets

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    Not really Rimfire related but early March when stuff started skyrocketing my nephew was scheduled to go to basic. Well what did he want to do as his send off? Drink, shoot guns, and go fishing. So we went down to the shore. Me being the only one who stockpiles had to pony up (I’m super proud of him so it wasn’t an issue). He and two other friends of his shot 1K 556, 1K 7.62x39, 250 rds of 45acp, probably 250 of 9mm, and maybe 100 rounds of 38........all mine lol!

PS he graduated basic and is now in week 3 of ATC school in Fl and I couldn’t be more proud! Well worth what the admission price was!

Awesome, well done!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rooster

Rebel looking for a cause
    Aug 1, 2010
    Eldersburg, MD
    QUESTION I got an M11 9 way back in 1990-92 something like that during the first Bush administration. That seems to make it legal to have but I was reading something about not being allowed to transport it. Does that mean we can't take it to the range?

Assuming your M11 is full auto you should have registered it with the Feds and once a year with MD State Police. Having done that, you can transport it anywhere in Maryland. But, if you want to take it out of state you must register this action with the Feds.

JamesDong

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 13, 2020
    Duffield, Va
    No one to blame but ourselves. Looks like this is going to keep happening because people freak the heck out over everything. Honestly, how much ammo does one need? If you had to leave the area, how much can you carry? If you are going to stay in your house and fight, bad idea by the way, more likely you will expire before all the creates of ammo you bought. Finally, plan your training accordingly. Do you HAVE to go to the range and fire that weapon as often. There is plenty of dry fire training out there that use a laser and your cell phone. I have one and its awesome. I can train as often as I like right in my house.

How much do I need??? How about as much as *I* want. When I moved it wasn't how many thousands of rounds I had it was more of the thousand plus pounds I crated and shipped myself.
    I can't roll my own 22 LR so I won't feel confident unless I have 30,000 rounds and even that won't last me 4 years. I shoot every day from my back deck... A) because I can and B) because I WANT to. It's my right to and I exercise that right every day and nobody is going to stop me unless I have no money or I drop dead. Capish?

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    They dont make alot of profit off it and it becomes low priority.

BS

During the last shortage, CCI was running 24/7 making that low profit, low priority .22 ammo.

Since it is so cheap, people buy more, a lot more.

Again, the guy who would buy 2 boxes, buys 2 bricks, and demand goes up 10 times.

For 9mm, the guy who would before buy 1 box, now buys 2 or maybe 3.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Manufacturers make what distributors order...if the demand is primarily centerfire in specific calibers that's what they make. They make production adjustments as orders dictate...common sense. Raw materials are not infinite and can only be obtained according to sales projections and the abilities of vendors of the raw materials to deliver them.

This was NOT the case in the last shortage.

CCI was making it as fast as they could, running 24/7 production.

No raw material shortage.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    I don't know about the rest of the ammo manufacturers but Remington has already stated that they are only making 9 mm and 5.56 ammo for the foreseeable future due to the shortage of raw materials such as lead and copper. I would imagine that also means they are slowing or stopping the production of Rimfire ammo.

Rimfire is DIFFERENT production lines, DIFFERENT equipment, and even DIFFERENT COMPLETE FACTORIES.

There is NO REASON to reduce rimfire production.

Now, I can see them only producing 9mm and 5.56. Those use the same production lines as all the other centerfire rounds. And it takes time to switch the lines from 9mm to .40 to .45 to .......... Time that is not spend producing ammo.

BlueFin

Ultimate Member
    Dec 3, 2007
    Montgomery Village
    You think this ammo shortages is just a ploy to make more money? Gun owners ammo consumption is not much. Can you imagine if war break out tomorrow. We will spiting at the enemies :D

GolfR

Ultimate Member
    Oct 20, 2016
    Columbia MD
    Rimfire is DIFFERENT production lines, DIFFERENT equipment, and even DIFFERENT COMPLETE FACTORIES.

There is NO REASON to reduce rimfire production.

Now, I can see them only producing 9mm and 5.56. Those use the same production lines as all the other centerfire rounds. And it takes time to switch the lines from 9mm to .40 to .45 to .......... Time that is not spend producing ammo.

I think many aren’t considering the other big contributor to our current shortages. Many manufactures were shut down for some period due to virus restrictions and some may be operating at reduced capacity because of social distancing. Also, don’t underestimate the number of folks who have refused to return to work because they are getting the Democrat’s padded unemployment checks. My Barbershop still hasn’t opened because he makes more sitting at home and I’m sure he isn’t the only one doing this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ObsidianCC

Latest threads

Top Bottom