• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MontaniSemperLiberi

MD Survivor
    Nov 12, 2011
    West By'God Virginia
    It's better than Constitutional Carry, which is why we focused on calling it "3-22 Carry" rather than just Constitutional Carry.

Why?

Article III, Section 22 of the West Virginia Constitution!

3-22. Right to keep and bear arms. A person has the right to keep and bear arms for the defense of self, family, home and state, and for lawful hunting and recreational use.

We spell it out simply so those that wish to abhorgate our rights can't interpret things incorrectly. :cool:

MontaniSemperLiberi

MD Survivor
    Nov 12, 2011
    West By'God Virginia
    Wow, first Virginia hit a home run this year with all their progun bills, no this with WVA. Things are looking up all around us.

The WVCDL has had a string of home-run years. Last year we got statewide preemption which overrides a fewer errant municipalities' laws and gives anyone who they might try to pursue before removing the now illegal laws from the books the ability to sue for financial restitution. ;)

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    It is nice to still get your carry permit whether or not you need it for reciprocity in other states.

It would also be nice for this to pass though just for convenience sake.

I get tired of carrying around my permit up at the cabin because I wander back and forth on and off of my property due to the way the road works and usually keep my gun covered either because I have lots of clothes on or because I'm trying to keep the debris from mowing off of it by covering up with a t-shirt.

The reality is that it doesn't matter, and there's an argument that I have an interest in the road adjacent to my property so it probably is OK, but all the same, it would be nice to get this passed.

SoMD_Gen4

Apr 16, 2013
    SoMD
    So what does this mean for MD residents that travel to WV often? Can we conceal carry as soon as we cross the border?

Last edited:

frogman68

товарищ плачевная
    Apr 7, 2013
    "you must login first" - sorry, don't do Facebook. What on that page makes you think so?

the WV Citizens Defense League caught them changing some wording and have ask all calls faxes emails be stopped as it is no longer what it was suppose to be . They state they will update when they know more

press1280

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2010
    WV
    That's gross.
    Looking forward to an update.

They are asking to contact the Senate Judiciary Chair for a vote on an intact bill. What WVCDL said was someone (don't know who) was trying to change the bill so that yes, constitutional carry would still be in the bill but then preemption would be lost. The bill has since been pulled away, hopefully just to get this straightened out.

https://www.nraila.org/articles/20150220/west-virginia-permitless-carry-bill-still-awaiting-hearing

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom