• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • OnTarget

Ultimate Member
    Mar 29, 2009
    WV
    We're almost there, but we have more work to do yet, before victory. In my opinion, what's good for WV is good for surrounding states. That's why the other side is working so hard to defeat this.

MontaniSemperLiberi

MD Survivor
    Nov 12, 2011
    West By'God Virginia
    1-304-558-2000

Not just West Virginians. Everyone who might carry in West Virginia.

Bloomberg's money is pouring into the state: mailers, ads, internets ads...

CALL the number above, politely ask that the Governor sign SB347!

If they ask for your information and you are not a resident, give it to them and tell them you travel through WV all the time! Tourism is an industry they cannot ignore at this point!

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    That's excatly what I did. The lady asked where I was calling from. I didn't BS her and told her I travel frequently to WV. She was very polite and said she would pass it on the the Gov.

Fingers crossed for WV Freedom.

MontaniSemperLiberi

MD Survivor
    Nov 12, 2011
    West By'God Virginia
    That's excatly what I did. The lady asked where I was calling from. I didn't BS her and told her I travel frequently to WV. She was very polite and said she would pass it on the the Gov.

Fingers crossed for WV Freedom.

I wish I could post for folks to call in the National 2A section... One of the WVCDL board has said is word is that the call numbers were evenly split. :tdown:

OnTarget

Ultimate Member
    Mar 29, 2009
    WV
    This is what a WV lady had to say on the internet (got permission to use):

"Came home today and in my mail was a card calling for me to call my elected official and tell him that West Virginians were against conceal weapons without a permit... The card came from New York.. Found it interesting that New York knows how I and my fellow West Virginians feel about the SB347. I am sure a few others received this same endorsement, just thought it was interesting.. Oh by the way the endorsement is in my trash.. Have a good evening."

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Update from WVCDL:

[FONT=&quot]Congressman Alex Mooney SUPPORTS SB347![/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]I'm sure by this point we have all seen the attacks on SB347. Attack ads and calls are flowing into West Virginia at the demand of former NYC Mayor Bloomerg! [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Not surprising, Senator Joe Manchin has not forgotten his friend from New York City, or the $1000.00 per plate dinner fundraiser Bloomberg hosted for him. Manchin's latest remarks demanding a veto of SB347 can only lead me to speculate that he's holding a promise to Bloomberg.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]I'm happy to announce that I had a personal conversation this afternoon with WVCDL ENDORSED U.S. Congressman Alex X. Mooney, and although he cannot speak to the situation involving Sen. Manchin's comments, he was very clear in his support for the legislation. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]He followed up with the following Press Release:[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Friday March 13, 2015[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]CONTACT: Jon Conradi[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]PHONE: 202-225-2711[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Email: jon.conradi@mail.house.gov[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Congressman Alex Mooney Commends Passage of Constitutional Carry Law in State Legislature[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]CHARLES TOWN, WV - Today, Republican Congressman Alex Mooney (WV-2) commended members of the West Virginia Legislature who took a stand for constitutional rights by voting to pass SB 347, the Firearms Act of 2015.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]"I want to commend state legislators who voted in an overwhelmingly bi-partisan manner, 103-31 between the House and the Senate, for constitutional carry. Their vote protects the rights of responsible, law-abiding West Virginians."[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]"I urge Governor Tomblin to immediately sign this bill into law to cement West Virginia's place as a true defender of constitutional rights for gun-owning citizens."[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]"Anti-gun politicians are determined to infringe on the 2nd Amendment rights of West Virginians and all Americans. News reports today indicate that former New York City Mayor and infamous gun-grabber Michael Bloomberg sent thousands of mail pieces into West Virginia attacking the legislators who supported constitutional carry."[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]"Those legislators should wear that attack as a badge of honor and I have a message for former New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg and his liberal anti-freedom allies: stay out of West Virginia."[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]"Law-abiding gun owners in West Virginia are collectors, hunters, farmers, sportsmen, and citizens who care about defending their families. As I pledged to the voters of the second district last year, I will continue to support constitutional carry legislation and all 2nd Amendment rights in Congress."[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]____________[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]I sincerely appreciate Rep. Mooney's position on our Constitutional rights, and applaud him for being a man of his word and publicly standing by the same. [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]I reached out to Rep. Capito as well, but as of the time of this message I had not heard back.
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]

press1280

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2010
    WV
    I'm pretty sure they can extend the session if needed. That being said, I don't think the Governor wants two vetoes overridden in one session...

I'll have to look up the law in regards to that. WVCDL is basically saying it's all on the Governor now, but I have to believe just having the Governor know there's at least a possibility of veto override will basically force him to sign (or simply do nothing, in which case it'll become law).

304-558-2000 call and ask that SB 347 be signed into law! Just stay on the line and you can leave a VM, doesn't seem anyone is answering right now.

http://wvpublic.org/post/governor-questions-concealed-carry-bill

At the 9 minute mark the governor seems to be saying in not so many words that he wants to veto. Folks, blow up the emails and phones!

Edit: They may have a small staff manning phones right now.

Last edited:

MontaniSemperLiberi

MD Survivor
    Nov 12, 2011
    West By'God Virginia
    I'll have to look up the law in regards to that. WVCDL is basically saying it's all on the Governor now, but I have to believe just having the Governor know there's at least a possibility of veto override will basically force him to sign (or simply do nothing, in which case it'll become law).

304-558-2000 call and ask that SB 347 be signed into law! Just stay on the line and you can leave a VM, doesn't seem anyone is answering right now.

http://wvpublic.org/post/governor-questions-concealed-carry-bill

At the 9 minute mark the governor seems to be saying in not so many words that he wants to veto. Folks, blow up the emails and phones!

Edit: They may have a small staff manning phones right now.

Because the session has already ended, they cannot extend the session to fight the veto... Had he vetoed it yesterday, it would be another story.

Regardless, CALL CALL CALL!!! +1 (304) 558-2000

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom