• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • press1280

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2010
    WV
    I realize I'm just a flatlander, and it's not really my fight, directly...

If it WAS me, I'm much happier getting it right, than getting it right now.

Certainly one of the reasons it was amended to 21 y/o from 18 y/o was due to timing. It would have cost precious time to try to get it changed back to it's original form, so the House simply went along with the approved amendment from the judiciary. Next year it'll have time so that this can go through as originally intended.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Wonder what LE's concern's are. If you are a criminal, what difference does unlicensed concealed carry make?

bogus IMO.

OnTarget

Ultimate Member
    Mar 29, 2009
    WV
    Just my opinion (FWIW): This was the year to get it done, if at all. Bloomberg hit hard and will work even harder next year. Not to mention the Sheriffs as well. Wait, Joe Manchin made his negative comments too.
    In short, the opposition knows its coming next year and will be even more prepared. Again, if it were me, I'd pressure the Legislature to conduct a Special Session this year to override the veto. There is no guarantee that we will get the same support by the Legislature next year. It is said that some Legislators were sorry they voted for the Bill after it was all said and done.
    I do live in WV and have tried to stay on top of this issue.

OnTarget

Ultimate Member
    Mar 29, 2009
    WV
    Everyone should read the Chris W. Cox NRA article in this months AMERICAN RIFLEMAN (April 2015,pp. 21-22) entitled, "The 'Security of a Free State'? Not If Bloomberg Has his Way." Says, "Bloomberg's NewStrategy: Death BY A Thousand Cuts."

Hollywood Ball

Mountaineer
    Aug 26, 2013
    NC WV
    Wonder what LE's concern's are. If you are a criminal, what difference does unlicensed concealed carry make?

bogus IMO.

Loss of revenue.

Edit:

http://www.wvgazette.com/News/201312140021

CHARLESTON, W.Va. -- Ritchie County Sheriff Bryan Backus disagrees with State Ethics Commissioners who advised him not to use money from the county's concealed weapons permit fund to pay for flight lessons and airplane rentals.

Backus had asked the State Ethics Commission if he could continue using surplus county money to earn his pilot's license, in hopes of one day manning a fixed-wing airplane for the sheriff's department.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom