• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    The Republicans just need to ask "What would the Democrats do?" if the situation was reversed. They would at least stall until the Election was decided then if the Democrats loose they would try to horse trade Ginsbergs seat, she would take one for the team, to insure they get at least one liberal appointment. If they win the Election then it would be two liberals and a change in direction for the country. Since they don't control things they will try to rush thru a liberal, possibly by promising Ginsberg can be replaced by a conservative but don't believe it. In the past the Dems have insisted that a vacant position that was previously held by a liberal had to be filled by a liberal so it is now our turn to say a conservative seat must be filled by a conservative. We need to use their "Rules of engagement" instead of always playing fair.

Feb 28, 2013
    And Sri's actual personal politics are unknown. He could very well be a more libertarian in philosophy than the left hopes for. Brown/tan skin does not make you a liberal.

I seriously doubt it.

The Muslim-in-Chief wants this guy for a reason, just like the last two libtard pukes he appointed. I have NO illusions here.

Feb 28, 2013
    Another "diversity check box"

Frankly, I think the Muslim-in-Chief would appoint Bill Ayres if the durn fool thought there was a chance in hell of him gettin' through the Senate.

Of course, Sing-along-with Mitch and the other eunuchs will gleefully cave to whatever Stalin wannabe happens to land in front of them because he's too much of a ***** to go against the first black president. :rolleyes:

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    ^^^

I don't think they're going to cave this time.

If properly played, this will be a rallying cry for Republicans/Conservatives.

The Right has more to lose than the Left has to gain.

They will continue to tell BHO to go play with his putter.

ryan_j

Ultimate Member
    Aug 6, 2013
    I seriously doubt it.

The Muslim-in-Chief wants this guy for a reason, just like the last two libtard pukes he appointed. I have NO illusions here.

I have brown skin and that doesn't automatically make me a fan of Muslims.

In fact, in India Muslims and Hindus pretty much hate each other.

Feb 28, 2013
    I have brown skin and that doesn't automatically make me a fan of Muslims.

In fact, in India Muslims and Hindus pretty much hate each other.

I don't give a damn what color yer skin is. That wasn't even what I meant, but nice try anyhow. :rolleyes:

This "Siri" or what the hell ever his name is has got to be a flamin' libtard. Why else would the Muslim-in-Chief wanna appoint him right now?

He chose someone like himself who would gladly help carry on his legacy of rightin' old wrongs that the USA perpetrated on the world by takin' us all down a peg or three.

fightinbluhen51

"Quack Pot Call Honker"
    Oct 31, 2008
    Refusing to consider a nominee is a gamble and very possibly a bad one. The Republicans must defend a lot of Senate seats this fall and hope for the White House. If they lose the White House, they can't hold out for 4 more years If they lose the White House and Senate then the sky is the limit for the douchbaggery that will happen. The Dems will shut down the Senate and the government to get a vote.

A sense of the Senate resolution has no power. It's an opinion, nothing more

I've been busy all weekend.

I heard this break Saturday and first of all, the nation has lost a great patriot. Such a sad day.

Progress is a bug, no progress is a feature.

Our system was built around gridlock. Meaning, congress couldn't do too much and didn't have any authority to do anything not explicitly granted; oh how we have changes.

I still think McConnel & the repubics will roll over.

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    I seriously doubt it.

Your concerns are well-founded. Srinivasan didn't appear out of nowhere. The current administration has been grooming him for years. I have no doubt that Srinivasan has been told over and over again to keep his mouth shut about his true political leanings. Note the date on this article: http://www.motherjones.com/mojo/2013/04/who-sri-srinivasan-supreme-court

If Srinivasan leaned right, the MSM fifth column would have lambasted him long before now.

fightinbluhen51

"Quack Pot Call Honker"
    Oct 31, 2008
    The Republicans just need to ask "What would the Democrats do?" if the situation was reversed. They would at least stall until the Election was decided then if the Democrats loose they would try to horse trade Ginsbergs seat, she would take one for the team, to insure they get at least one liberal appointment. If they win the Election then it would be two liberals and a change in direction for the country. Since they don't control things they will try to rush thru a liberal, possibly by promising Ginsberg can be replaced by a conservative but don't believe it. In the past the Dems have insisted that a vacant position that was previously held by a liberal had to be filled by a liberal so it is now our turn to say a conservative seat must be filled by a conservative. We need to use their "Rules of engagement" instead of always playing fair.

Don't bet on the modern fusion party to play by sane people rules.

RWGN

Apr 16, 2013
    don't beat me up for not reading prior posts....justice scalia was on our side. yes he was 79, yes he probably wasn't in the best of physical health. He was in texas, at a high end ranch for some fun. from all reports he was in good spirits when he went to bed. he could've passed away from a heart attack....there could have been foul play involved (pillow over head). the fact that there will be no autopsy is wrong. This is a supreme court justice who passed away at a third party location with no family around him (that we know of) tooooooo many questions unanswered.

MOLON LABE

TheGunnyRet

Ultimate Member
    Mar 27, 2014
    Falling Waters, WV
    don't beat me up for not reading prior posts....justice scalia was on our side. yes he was 79, yes he probably wasn't in the best of physical health. He was in texas, at a high end ranch for some fun. from all reports he was in good spirits when he went to bed. he could've passed away from a heart attack....there could have been foul play involved (pillow over head). the fact that there will be no autopsy is wrong. This is a supreme court justice who passed away at a third party location with no family around him (that we know of) tooooooo many questions unanswered.

MOLON LABE

I don't believe there is a conspiracy with all this...though it seem everyone would like one to just create more controversy...

It happened an we need to just move forward on this...

The GOP just has to vet accordingly and hold there ground "for once" if they don't it is both ours and their fault...

Kharn

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2008
    Hazzard County

MOLON LABE

He felt ill and didn't participate in the day's hunt, then went to bed early IIRC. If he'd asked for a doc to come check him out, I bet the outcome would have been very different.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan

MOLON LABE

Didn't die from a heart attack. Died of natural causes.

And all without an autopsy or a doctor even looking at the body. A determination as to the cause of death was made over the phone.

Some idiot tried pouring something in John Boehner's drink at a bar.

But no one wants to, remotely, consider foul play over the death of a SCJ.

Not saying he was poisoned. Saying an autopsy is in order.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    Didn't die from a heart attack. Died of natural causes.

And all without an autopsy or a doctor even looking at the body. A determination as to the cause of death was made over the phone.

Some idiot tried pouring something in John Boehner's drink at a bar.

But no one wants to, remotely, consider foul play over the death of a SCJ.

The ranch owner who reported the "suspect pillow" in Scalia's bed clarified: It was "above" his head, against the headboard, not "over" his head. Regardless, Dianne Feinstein has introduced a bill in Congress to ban assault pillows.

torched02

Rottie's Rule!
    May 6, 2013
    Sounds like you all have been watching too many old re-runs of the Pelican Brief! Lol......

Huckleberry

No One of Consequence
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Severn & Lewes
    Mike Lee and Orrin Hatch have both been mentioned. Cut the GOP Senate majority and eliminate an opponent of Obama's Trans Pacific Boondoogle.

Also, Paul Clement. Former US Solicitor General and clerk for Justice Scalia.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Mike Lee and Orrin Hatch have both been mentioned. Cut the GOP Senate majority and eliminate an opponent of Obama's Trans Pacific Boondoogle.

Also, Paul Clement. Former US Solicitor General and clerk for Justice Scalia.
    These would be second or third round choices if a first round liberal gets Borked. Kennedy obtained his seat that way (after Bork got screwed, and then another pick, another Ginsburg, withdrew himself after reports of prior pot use emerged).

Btw, in today's terms, Scalia's seat would have been free in June of 2015 to be comparable to the seat that Kennedy ultimately occupied.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tharper429

Latest threads

Top Bottom