• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Uncle Duke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 2, 2013
    Not Far Enough from the City
    Ok so now I need an over/under to go along with my autoloader. Holy cow, I might have to start shooting at clay targets.:)

And where you are, and while you're at it, let's not forget turkeys!

Best you get a dedicated turkey gun for that though, in addition to the O/U!

Why, you're certainly welcome!

Spending other people's money is, well, just something we do here! :innocent0

Redcobra

Senior Shooter
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 10, 2010
    Near the Chesapeake Bay
    So let me go back a bit, if the hulls have the same base wad and inside hull taper they can be loaded the same? It seems that I'd need to have 6 different wads, 6 different powders, for 6 different hulls. Seems confusing to a point.

This is for 12g. 20g and 28g is a little different.
    I load all Rems .
    I Have wads for 1-1/8oz, 1oz and 7/8oz. (Blue Duster, Green Duster, Clear Duster from Downrange Wads))
    I use Alliant Claydot for all except the 1-1/8 where I use Greendot (pressure is too high for Claydot in 1-1/8oz)
    So 3 different wads and 2 powders. All with Win 209 primers and #8 shot.

BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County
    And where you are, and while you're at it, let's not forget turkeys!

Best you get a dedicated turkey gun for that though, in addition to the O/U!

Why, you're certainly welcome!

Spending other people's money is, well, just something we do here! :innocent0

You all are a bunch of enablers, my wallet lothe's you.
    I actually just came back from working a deal on a nice O/U, if it works out I'll put up a picture.;)

BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County
    This is for 12g. 20g and 28g is a little different.
    I load all Rems .
    I Have wads for 1-1/8oz, 1oz and 7/8oz. (Blue Duster, Green Duster, Clear Duster from Downrange Wads))
    I use Alliant Claydot for all except the 1-1/8 where I use Greendot (pressure is too high for Claydot in 1-1/8oz)
    So 3 different wads and 2 powders. All with Win 209 primers and #8 shot.

I was actually trying to stay with Clays for most but after the above recommendations about Reddot, I'm going to be looking into it also.

Uncle Duke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 2, 2013
    I actually just came back from working a deal on a nice O/U, if it works out I'll put up a picture.;)

You hear that 43? You don't think we mighta just been unjustly associated with a wrongdoing, now do ya?

Nah....can't be! :innocent0

7mm, post that new shotty up when you get it! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

byf43

SCSC Life/NRA Patron Life

Enabler? Enabler.
    Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....... that's not so bad.

Believe me!!!!!!! I have been called MUCH worse!!!!!! Ha!!!!!:lol:

I was actually trying to stay with Clays for most but after the above recommendations about Reddot, I'm going to be looking into it also.

IF you were closer, I'd give you some Red Dot to try.

You hear that 43? You don't think we mighta just been unjustly associated with a wrongdoing, now do ya?

Nah....can't be! :innocent0

7mm, post that new shotty up when you get it! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Look at it this way, Unc........... we can't be accused of any wrongdoing.

O/U scatterguns can only be associated with "social elitist scattergunners"!!!!
    Ha!!!!!!!!!!!

(Sheeeeeeesh...... that just made me a little sick to my stomach. "Social Elitist". Me????? NEVER!!!!!!!!)

Uncle Duke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 2, 2013
    Enabler? Enabler.
    Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....... that's not so bad.

Believe me!!!!!!! I have been called MUCH worse!!!!!! Ha!!!!!:lol:

IF you were closer, I'd give you some Red Dot to try.

Look at it this way, Unc........... we can't be accused of any wrongdoing.

O/U scatterguns can only be associated with "social elitist scattergunners"!!!!
    Ha!!!!!!!!!!!

:lol2::lol2::lol2::lol2:

Yeah, I'm just gonna take my old all beat to hell Mossy 500, and my equally old and all beat to hell Remmy 870, and.....well.....I just don't know quite yet.

No...not looking for any forthcoming suggestions from the Western Front.:D

byf43

:lol2::lol2::lol2::lol2:

Yeah, I'm just gonna take my old all beat to hell Mossy 500, and my equally old and all beat to hell Remmy 870, and.....well.....I just don't know quite yet.

No...not looking for any forthcoming suggestions from the Western Front.:D

Remington 870 (x6 or 7. I've lost count.).
    Remington 1100 (x2)

Even though it's not seen the light of day, for over 10 years, I do have a Beretta Silver Pigeon O/U.
    I just can't bear to sell it. It's clearly not my favorite, but, it's not hurting anything, resting in the safe.

:innocent0

Uncle Duke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 2, 2013
    Remington 870 (x6 or 7. I've lost count.).
    Remington 1100 (x2)

Even though it's not seen the light of day, for over 10 years, I do have a Beretta Silver Pigeon O/U.
    I just can't bear to sell it. It's clearly not my favorite, but, it's not hurting anything, resting in the safe.

I think I'm just gonna go and slump my sorry self off into the woods now.....

Remind me to hate the pair of ya! ;)

BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County
    Ok you two, enough beating me to death.:lol2:
    I went and picked up the O/U, Lanber Silver Lite. I'm sure it's not the best O/U out there by far, but for what I paid for it it can be a throwaway gun.:D
    Less than $500
    I just need to figure out what kind of chokes it takes.

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      55.3 KB · Views: 114

Uncle Duke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 2, 2013
    I went and picked up the O/U, Lanber Silver Lite. I'm sure it's not the best O/U out there by far, but for what I paid for it it can be a throwaway gun.:D
    Less than $500

Sweet!!!

That's a damn nice looking shotgun! Enjoy and Good luck with it!!!

byf43

Speaking of crappy pictures...........

Here is my collection of shotshells that I load as "the same".

From left to right:

Winchester AA - - - Peters "Blue Magic" - - - Mohawk - - - Remington Shure Shot (same as Gun Club, I THINK) - - - Remington STS Premiere.

A look inside the Peters "Blue Magic"

A look inside the Remington STS Premiere (I had to brighten this photo, so that you could actually see inside of it.)

A little closer view of the inside of the STS Premiere and Peters Blue Magic

While I was digging these out of their hiding places, I grabbed an extension handled magnet.

The Mohawk and Shure Shot bases are steel.
    In all my years of loading shotshells, I never realized that the Mohawk hulls were steel based.

I suppose I should pay more attention to what I've squirreled away. :innocent0

Last edited:

byf43

Less than $500

Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice!!!!!!!!! Very nice lookin' stack-barrel!

I guess we shall now call you "Sir Buff7mm of Garrett County" or some such title.

BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County
    Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice!!!!!!!!! Very nice lookin' stack-barrel!

I guess we shall now call you "Sir Buff7mm of Garrett County" or some such title.

Yeah, and I'll be drinking my mint julep's with my pinky sticking straight out. Just remember to call me your royal highness and bring gifts to my court when we meet.:innocent0:lol2:
    And thanks for the pictures, I'm thinking I've got a few that I can load the same also.:thumbsup:

byf43

Yeah, and I'll be drinking my mint julep's with my pinky sticking straight out. Just remember to call me your royal highness and bring gifts to my court when we meet.:innocent0:lol2:
    And thanks for the pictures, I'm thinking I've got a few that I can load the same also.:thumbsup:

Yes, your royal highness.

I'll bring gifts of Red Dot and Claybuster wads.

:party29::lol2::lol2::lol2::lol2::party29:

BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County
    Well I finally got my MEC sizemaster and settled in on a good charge to test some different hulls. All went bang with no signs of pressure or problems of any kind, a couple of them seem to want to crimp a little oddly but they shot fine for plinking. Winchester primers, 17.9 grains of clays from a #32 MEC bushing, WAA12 wads, 1 1/8th ounce #4 lead shot. The 2 Federal's on the right were slug hulls with paper base wads and the one I loaded actually crimped nicely.
    My Guinea Pig gun was a Mossberg 500 with a poly choke barrel.

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      56.7 KB · Views: 189

BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County
    Forgot to add a couple of special thanks to byf43 and Uncle Duke for all the help here and behind the scenes in PM's, you guys rock.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom