• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PapiBarcelona

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    Gun Clubs load the best IMO. I see goof's at Sporting Clay clubs that chuck a 6 time sharpie marked Gun Club in the trash can, I pick them out and load them another 6-7 more times before I throw them away. You could probably get nearly 15 loads on average before the crimp starts to tear too bad. The ends get real blackened, and weak

BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County
    Gun Clubs load the best IMO. I see goof's at Sporting Clay clubs that chuck a 6 time sharpie marked Gun Club in the trash can, I pick them out and load them another 6-7 more times before I throw them away. You could probably get nearly 15 loads on average before the crimp starts to tear too bad. The ends get real blackened, and weak

The Winchester AA's loaded and crimped nicely as did the black Remington's, although the Remington's did seem to swirl a little with the crisper adjusted for the AA's but I'm not really worried about looks.:D

PapiBarcelona

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    Yeah, I dont worry about looks either. I routinely check my powder and shot drop and keep pulling the handle.

I think the Gun Clubs are a little inconsistent on over all length, I'll get some perfect looking crimps then all of a sudden a dished in one a little, or some ugly swirl but who cares?

BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County
    Yeah, those clear Cheddites seem to be like that, they were brand new and the first crimp I could see why they might be a little weird, but they now seem to have a mind of their own on the second and third loading. Seems like me will be good and the next will be dished in, then the next will leave a center hole or the pedals will try to overlap for some reason.

byf43

SCSC Life/NRA Patron Life
    Forgot to add a couple of special thanks to byf43 and Uncle Duke for all the help here and behind the scenes in PM's, you guys rock.

Thanks for the kind words, Buff.

I can't (and won't) speak for Unc, but, I sure do enjoy seeing everybody getting into a groove and doing some loading and having a good, safe time, shooting.

Two big thumbs up, to you. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom