• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rondeezy

Aug 25, 2022
    College Park
    Looking to purchase my first can Wednesday, most of the local shops are silencer shop affiliated and have the kiosk which makes it easier. Silencer central allows you to do ezpay for your can which for someone like me who wants multiple cans makes life a lot easier not having to fork out 3k in one go. I have no experience with either company but I’m sure most who have cans have. Are there any perks other than the ezpay that makes it a better option for me? All experiences welcomed with either or are welcomed and appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RRomig

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 30, 2021
    Burtonsville MD
    SC doesn’t seem to have as many options and their prices are typically higher than SS.
    I may be biased.

Rondeezy

Aug 25, 2022
    College Park
    SC doesn’t seem to have as many options and their prices are typically higher than SS.
    I may be biased.

Supposedly on a fb group I’m I a guy claiming to be a customer service manager for them said they can get almost any can if it’s not listed on the site. Fb is not really a place I take advice from or trust when ppl say anything but it had me curious.

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    I used Silencer Shop for my suppressor and was aslo able to use it later for a Form 1, using he fingerprints already in the system. That was a plus for me, not sure if Silencer Central has hat same option or not?? There was a fee, $50 I think, but I was able to do it from home

Rondeezy

Aug 25, 2022
    College Park
    I used Silencer Shop for my suppressor and was aslo able to use it later for a Form 1, using he fingerprints already in the system. That was a plus for me, not sure if Silencer Central has hat same option or not?? There was a fee, $50 I think, but I was able to do it from home

Did you buy your can at a dealer or in the site?

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    Did you buy your can at a dealer or in the site?

I bought it through the website and desginated J&K as my dealer then went to the shop and they helped me with the kiosk. Very easy process and the people at Silencer Shop check your application over to make sure everything is good to go before it gets submitted. I've been waiting since July for the suppressor and September for the SBR approvals to come back.

Rondeezy

Aug 25, 2022
    College Park
    I bought it through the website and desginated J&K as my dealer then went to the shop and they helped me with the kiosk. Very easy process and the people at Silencer Shop check your application over to make sure everything is good to go before it gets submitted. I've been waiting since July for the suppressor and September for the SBR approvals to come back.

I seen a lot of people posting paperwork on a fb group I’m in where it’s taking like 4-5 days for the approval to come back. Not sure if it’s cause they purchased a bunch before or not .

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    I seen a lot of people posting paperwork on a fb group I’m in where it’s taking like 4-5 days for the approval to come back. Not sure if it’s cause they purchased a bunch before or not .

I think the average wait time right now is about 170 days. Mine will probably take 2 years LOL

Rondeezy

Aug 25, 2022
    College Park
    I think the average wait time right now is about 170 days. Mine will probably take 2 years LOL

I know when the site went down it had to be cause too many ppl were getting approvals in 4-5 days so they had to fix it to go back to a yr lol

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    download (4).jpg

thedutchtouch

Feb 14, 2023
    I'm same debate, have seen quite a few negative reviews about silencer central customer service and filing times etc, no real complaints about silencer shop (or not nearly at the same level at least). I'll likely go with silencer shop. Also apparently eforms is back up.

Rondeezy

Aug 25, 2022
    College Park
    I'm same debate, have seen quite a few negative reviews about silencer central customer service and filing times etc, no real complaints about silencer shop (or not nearly at the same level at least). I'll likely go with silencer shop. Also apparently eforms is back up.

Yea they came back up yesterday. I hope they didn’t **** with a good thing and leave the times to be 4-5 days. Shit I’ll even be happy with 2 weeks

exodus308

MDS Supporter
    Feb 25, 2022
    Silver Spring MD
    Assuming an application submitted electronically, if some people take 4-5 days and other people wait longer then I think it is safe to assume the following:

1 - no issues or flags identified in automated review results in a quick turnaround
    2 - issues or flags identified in automated review results in your application being placed in a queue for review by a human and the resulting wait times measured in weeks/months.

Rondeezy

Aug 25, 2022
    College Park
    Assuming an application submitted electronically, if some people take 4-5 days and other people wait longer then I think it is safe to assume the following:

1 - no issues or flags identified in automated review results in a quick turnaround
    2 - issues or flags identified in automated review results in your application being placed in a queue for review by a human and the resulting wait times measured in weeks/months.

Didn’t think about that. That would make a lot of sense.

ChrisD

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 19, 2013
    Conowingo
    I made a purchase through Silencer Central at the Great American Outdoor Show last month. My first suppressor purchase also. Had some issues with them. Problem is largely squared away now I think. But I likely won’t do business with them anymore.

Rondeezy

Aug 25, 2022
    College Park
    I made a purchase through Silencer Central at the Great American Outdoor Show last month. My first suppressor purchase also. Had some issues with them. Problem is largely squared away now I think. But I likely won’t do business with them anymore.

What issues was that if you don’t mind me asking. I’m trying to stay away from problems lol.

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County

That makes sense. I had so many delays with NICS in the past I got a UPIN.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom