• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rondeezy

Aug 25, 2022
    College Park
    So I decided to go the SC route for the first can. I got the Banish 46 since I’m building a 450Bushmaster and I can use it for that plus the 300&5.55. The cans I wanted from SS are on backorder so once they come back in stock I’ll go through SS to get those for the 5.56 build and the 300 I’m almost done with. Just gotta go do my prints tomorrow and send them in so they can finish what they need to do so it can be submitted.
    7f1345090bc869aa8bdbbfafaecb0265.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

doggyjacket

Ultimate Member
    Aug 3, 2016
    MoCo
    I bought from Engage and used Silencershop. Been pretty painless so far. I bought the Silencer last Friday and I was ready to certify today but the ATF website was hanging up. Hopefully, they will be able to certify tomorrow and then I just wait.

Beware of Dog
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 16, 2013
    AA Co
    I used SC for my last can purchase and it went smoothly, except for the wait.... blame that on the system, not the company. I also paid by check with a trust account, so that added about a week or so to my wait, but when it takes close to a year, what's a week? LOL

Have one more in the lineup to purchase and I'd do either SS or SC, don't really think it matters that much.

Rondeezy

Aug 25, 2022
    College Park
    I used SC for my last can purchase and it went smoothly, except for the wait.... blame that on the system, not the company. I also paid by check with a trust account, so that added about a week or so to my wait, but when it takes close to a year, what's a week? LOL

Have one more in the lineup to purchase and I'd do either SS or SC, don't really think it matters that much.

Yea the wait is what’s killing me im basically down to the certify before it gets sent to the atf. I have to wait till Tuesday for my certification call. I guess it is what’s it is until the NFA is repealed

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    SC can kiss my grits. Any site that makes me type in my actual birth date to enter their site is full of sh!t. Yeah, the have a "Remember Me" box. So does PSA and I click that EVERY TIME I visit their site. Eff them!

Screenshot 2024-03-08 at 19-10-58 Silencer Central - Silencers Made Simple Since 2005.png

Alutacon

Desert Storm
    May 22, 2013
    Bowie
    I seen a lot of people posting paperwork on a fb group I’m in where it’s taking like 4-5 days for the approval to come back. Not sure if it’s cause they purchased a bunch before or not .

My nephew just got his back in 2 days

Alutacon

Desert Storm
    May 22, 2013
    Bowie

The ATF is currently doing approvals o individual apps in as little as days.

Rondeezy

Aug 25, 2022
    College Park
    Good luck. Did you do trust or individual?

Umm not sure SC is going to call me to go over everything before they submit it to the atf. They said something about a trust but it’s an individual trust and I could add people to it after the approval from the atf. Either way I think I’m bout to go and buy a dedicated 5.56 can from SS and do that in store. Their process seems a little faster with the kiosk. Wish everyone had the kiosk so it was more options.

P-12 Norm

Why be normal?
    Sep 9, 2009
    Bowie, MD
    Supposedly on a fb group I’m I a guy claiming to be a customer service manager for them said they can get almost any can if it’s not listed on the site. Fb is not really a place I take advice from or trust when ppl say anything but it had me curious.

I called Silencer Central with questions, as I was considering the Osprey, and the Customer Service guy at SC said they can get any ones cans, just the ones they have relationships with they can get better deals (if I am remembering correctly).

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    I don't recall a certification process. I formed 4 all my stamps, trust. I'll go individual since it seems trusts are taking much longer? Thanks for any help guys, I sweated all this stuff once and it has been wiped from those brain cells or maybe those cells are gone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom