• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ChrisD

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 19, 2013
    Conowingo
    I have a can in the pipeline from SC, it was submitted as a trust. This is my first can purchase, so I’m not up to speed on all of the intricacies on NFA items. Can additional NFA items be added to the trust, or if going with a trust, does each subsequent item need it‘s own separate trust? Say, if I want to buy or build an SBR, or since individual suppressor registrations are coming back quicker, purchase one as individual and add it later?

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    I believe most anything can be in a trust ie cars, gold coins, guns & ammo. New tax stamp for each NFA transfer.
    Correct me if I am wrong....

thedutchtouch

Feb 14, 2023
    It depends how the trust was set up. Likely it was set up as an "individual trust" meaning for that one item. You can set up a trust to have multiple items and add new items to the trust at time of purchase, but have to do that yourself I don't believe SC sets those up. If you want to move this one into a different trust it'll be another tax stamp.

ChrisD

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 19, 2013
    Conowingo
    It depends how the trust was set up. Likely it was set up as an "individual trust" meaning for that one item. You can set up a trust to have multiple items and add new items to the trust at time of purchase, but have to do that yourself I don't believe SC sets those up. If you want to move this one into a different trust it'll be another tax stamp.
    Thanks for the info.

Rondeezy

Aug 25, 2022
    College Park
    Forms were submitted today to the feds, got the confirmation that it was received. I’ve heard the wait times are weird and most people who did it is an individual instead of a trust have gotten their approval within a week. Unfortunately I went through SC and they set it up as a trust so I guess it’s just time to wait. I plan on going through SS next payday and grab a 30 & 5.56 dedicated can and see what the wait times look like. I guess not having kids is a good thing right now cause I can spend where I want

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Forms were submitted today to the feds, got the confirmation that it was received. I’ve heard the wait times are weird and most people who did it is an individual instead of a trust have gotten their approval within a week. Unfortunately I went through SC and they set it up as a trust so I guess it’s just time to wait. I plan on going through SS next payday and grab a 30 & 5.56 dedicated can and see what the wait times look like. I guess not having kids is a good thing right now cause I can spend where I want

Just curious, one can for each .223 and .30 cal, or one can to cover both? If you are budget conscious, you could cover both with one can. If you have money to burn, then get one for each caliber.

Rondeezy

Aug 25, 2022
    College Park
    Just curious, one can for each .223 and .30 cal, or one can to cover both? If you are budget conscious, you could cover both with one can. If you have money to burn, then get one for each caliber.

Well I got the 46 in the process now that’s more because I want to suppress the 450bm hunting build I’m about to do. I was gonna go and get both A10 Warthog in 5.56 & 7.62 so I have a dedicated 5.56 can for my 12.5” build and one I can slap on my 30c cal and anything else I can fit

thedutchtouch

Feb 14, 2023
    Hey just a quick question. A 9mm can will it work for 300blackout?

Regurgitation of what I've read here rather than first hand experience: check with the specific manufacturer, Subsonic should generate less pressure than 9mm but supers generate more. Seems like pistol cans are sometimes used with subs but can be bad news with supers if manufacturer doesn't rate them for that.

You'd also likely need an adapter as pretty sure barrel threading will be different between the two

What can are you looking at? Looks like your banish 46 is fine either way

Last edited:

Rondeezy

Aug 25, 2022
    College Park
    Regurgitation of what I've read here rather than first hand experience: check with the specific manufacturer, Subsonic should generate less pressure than 9mm but supers generate more. Seems like pistol cans are sometimes used with subs but can be bad news with supers if manufacturer doesn't rate them for that.

You'd also likely need an adapter as pretty sure barrel threading will be different between the two

What can are you looking at?

Umm maybe the AB f4, CGS Mod 3, Obsidian r9 or I might just do the Hybrid 46DTM from Silencer co or the yhmr45 if none of those 9 cans fit the bill

Jweiss013

MSI and MSRPA Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 9, 2019
    Baltimore Co
    +1 on using Archelon and Silencer Shop. I have had now 3 effortless transactions working with Matt.

On the subject of SS taking 3ish weeks to get approval to release orders to your dealer, this is a pain and I recommend, making the SS account, then contacting your SS-sponsored dealer directly before placing an order. I have been lucky enough to get in on two existing supplier bulk orders from SS, thus eliminating the 3 week wait. The dealer just moved the items into my SS account to complete my Docusign. Inventory is moving quickly right now as it is, so it is good to ask.

Also.. If you do use Archelon and go late in the day/after work, be ready to spin around in a desk chair for a bit shooting the shit while everyone gets their paperwork processed. If you are in a rush or don't like the chit-chat, get there when he opens.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom