• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rsideout

MDS Supporter
    Dec 11, 2009
    MD - Capital Region
    I did something silly.... I had some silver shot that I picked up somewhere, so I loaded it into a couple of .410 shells. I don't know why, but now if I ever get attacked by a werewolf, my Judge will be the weapon of choice.
    T, I don't have that particular contingency covered. But I like the way you roll.

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    Gold and silver prices are going up crazy fast.

Forecasters seem to be optimistic for the most part. Which is a bad sign for the rest of the economy.

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    Gold has been sluggish at best throughout the past few years of inflation.

I always thought gold was supposed to retain stable throughout inflationary fluctuations, but it's hovered around 1800 to 1900 while the dollar has lost a lot of value. In effect, gold has lost value over the past couple of years. I don't understand how that works, beyond vague stories about the Elites manipulating the prices.

I see it's finally increased a bit, but with all the instability of the past few years, why didn't it top 2000 two years ago?

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    Gold has been sluggish at best throughout the past few years of inflation.

I always thought gold was supposed to retain stable throughout inflationary fluctuations, but it's hovered around 1800 to 1900 while the dollar has lost a lot of value. In effect, gold has lost value over the past couple of years. I don't understand how that works, beyond vague stories about the Elites manipulating the prices.

I see it's finally increased a bit, but with all the instability of the past few years, why didn't it top 2000 two years ago?
    Cryptocurrency

It's a generational thing. Youngins are into crypto, old fogeys are traditional in precious metals.

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    That has nothing to do with what I said.

Besides, don't you tie an onion to your belt when you go out?
    You said you didnt understand why precious metals hasnt previously soared to new heights.

Crypto has kept gold and silver from going bonkers the past few years. Instead of the younger generation flocking to historically safe haven assets, they went digital. Especially when it was cheap when new.

With the lack of demand that tempered precious metal prices.

In addition, the dollar had somehow gotten stronger over the other fiat currencies. With our currency management sucking, the rest of the world must be fvcked.

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    Gold is trading like a commodity with the ups and downs more like Oil. Years ago it was much more inverse to the stock market.

IF the SH*T hits the fan in the USA your gold and silver isn't going to save you. You can't defend yourself with it and you cannot eat it...Precious metals will be iron, copper, brass and lead...I don't see the allure of owning gold or silver. If our money is worthless there's a good bet that there will no one around to convert it into a currency you can use..Which will probably be the Chinese Yuan..

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    IF the SH*T hits the fan in the USA your gold and silver isn't going to save you. You can't defend yourself with it and you cannot eat it...Precious metals will be iron, copper, brass and lead...I don't see the allure of owning gold or silver. If our money is worthless there's a good bet that there will no one around to convert it into a currency you can use..Which will probably be the Chinese Yuan..
    Gold has the same properties as lead. They will be the most expensive bullets one will cast, if/when it comes down to that.

Don't forget about werewolves, keep a silver bullet or two handy just in case.

Jerry M

Ultimate Member
    Jun 13, 2007
    Glen Burnie MD
    Gold has the same properties as lead. They will be the most expensive bullets one will cast, if/when it comes down to that.

Don't forget about werewolves, keep a silver bullet or two handy just in case.
    I believe both have a much higher melting temperature than lead.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    A little diversification is not a bad thing; in fact, it might be a good idea, depending on how much liquidity you have, and need.

The value of my ammo stash goes up and down; when it's high, I'm reluctant to cash it in. When it's low, there's no point to do so. Pretty much the same thing applies for other PMs, though adding to the stash when prices are down is a reasonable consideration.

PaFrank

Apr 2, 2020
    Ok so lets say the SHTF and your trying to buy a case of tomato soup but all you have is a 1 oz gold eagle. How do you make change??
    When the SHTF, small denominations will be far more useful and trade more easily that a full 1 oz coin or bar. The same with silver. you will likely be able to negotiate better if youhave a couple rolls of mercury dimes than a roll of silver eagles..

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom