• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wreckdiver

Ultimate Member
    Nov 13, 2008
    I’ve tried some of the high tech synthetic socks, but merino wool is the best. Breathable and doesn’t hold the stink like synthetics so.

spur0701

Dec 31, 2009
    If I'm going to hike more than a few miles I'll always wear two pair, a thin silk sock liner with a merino wool sock over it....never had a blister using this method and have gone on some really long week long hikes with as many as 20 miles in a day.

mpollan1

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 26, 2012
    Мэриленд
    I have warn wool and Merino wool socks, year round, for years. No cotton for this kid. I have been a huge fan of Smartwool in that regard. Lately though, I've been ordering my Smartwool from Amazonians and after two or three washings, I can't get them on my feet. Please tell me I've been buying knock-offs from Amazon and the Smartwool I've grown to love remains a good sock. :(
    Can't say regarding the counterfeitedness B but they may have changed their blend. Do you dry them in the dryer all the way down? I do a few minutes to get the pile fluffy (washed outside in) and the hang to dry. Warsh em and while wet see if they'll cooperate.

willtill

The Dude Abides
    MDS Supporter
    May 15, 2007
    I have warn wool and Merino wool socks, year round, for years. No cotton for this kid. I have been a huge fan of Smartwool in that regard. Lately though, I've been ordering my Smartwool from Amazonians and after two or three washings, I can't get them on my feet. Please tell me I've been buying knock-offs from Amazon and the Smartwool I've grown to love remains a good sock. :(
    Wash them and then hang them to air dry. Then put them in the dryer on tumble only (no heat), with a dryer sheet.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Cabela's Medium Weight wool boot socks .

For the " important to me " reason that they fit my namesake feet . They offer them routine in Men's XL in addition to the typical S, M, L . Yes , this is a big deal , instead of trial and error to see if a particular brand's large is actually large enough for my size 14.5 feet , with 50/ 50 odds .

Decent enough quality , consistent availability, and 3 pack for $20 ‐ is doesn't break the bank .

INMY01TA

Ultimate Member
    Dec 29, 2008
    Dickies socks on Amazon.

IMG_0025.png

rouchna

Defund the ATF
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 25, 2009
    Virginia
    I’ve switched all my socks (dress, athletic, and everyday socks) to Darn Tough. No more sweaty/smelly feet. Lifetime warranty as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom