• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    This is why I stopped buying from Darn Tough and went with other US made socks.

Some tidbits:

In the wake of George Floyd’s murder, the rapid and intense (re)awakening of racial disparity and more specifically the plight of Black people in the United States has been jarring. In and of itself, the video of Floyd’s killing is nothing new. Black men and women appear regularly on body cams, cameras and cell phone videos. Their (mis)treatment on some of these videos is hard to watch. In the most violent of these videos beaten or killed is often the end result.

Emphasis is mine.
    The mistreatment of Black people in this country has been going on for 401 years. It’s impossible to say it hasn’t.

Increased awareness of their plight is often preceded by violence to them as a people. Increased awareness of their plight is then often followed by violence from them (and others) as a people.

Can you blame Black people? Could you blame anyone for fighting back? For wanting it to stop once and for all? Imagine being on the receiving end of this nightmare. Not for a few days or weeks or years but for CENTURIES. Enchained. Enslaved. Endangered. While conditions today aren’t at those levels, they are still bad. Shot dead in the street while jogging. Murdered in a no-knock warrant and of course George Floyd. All three murdered in the street. No judge. No jury. Just an executioner. No due process as guaranteed by our Constitution. It’s about as un-American as it gets. UN-AMERICAN.

There's more.

Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    When the Soviets controlled the East, they had more troops in Germany than the Germans did. :):)

27owfy.jpg

mpollan1

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 26, 2012
    Мэриленд
    I get some pretty big, rough calluses on my feet on my heel, inside edge of my big toe and inside edges of the ball of my big toe. If I do not tend to them they will quite literally rip through my socks in very short order whatever brand I am wearing. What I need is something soft and supple that wears like a fire hose.

Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    I get some pretty big, rough calluses on my feet on my heel, inside edge of my big toe and inside edges of the ball of my big toe. If I do not tend to them they will quite literally rip through my socks in very short order whatever brand I am wearing. What I need is something soft and supple that wears like a fire hose.

Sounds like what you need is some sandpaper. Or maybe a belt sander. ;)

Alea Jacta Est

Extinguished member
    MDS Supporter

Some tidbits:

Emphasis is mine.

There's more.
    Thanks for that. Thanks, no thanks. Sucks to scrub another purveyor.

Glad I have the sock stock I do. They make good shit. (Maybe they’ve been eating too much Ben n Jerry’s)

I wonder who’s gonna clue them in on the plight of the Irish in the factories and Asians in the mines and both the Irish and Asians on the railroads.

Fuggin history of oppression here and abroad will curl your hair then make it fall out.

Where’s that fella said people are bastard covered bastards with bastard filling?

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Thanks for that. Thanks, no thanks. Sucks to scrub another purveyor.

Glad I have the sock stock I do. They make good shit. (Maybe they’ve been eating too much Ben n Jerry’s)

I wonder who’s gonna clue them in on the plight of the Irish in the factories and Asians in the mines and both the Irish and Asians on the railroads.

Fuggin history of oppression here and abroad will curl your hair then make it fall out.

Where’s that fella said people are bastard covered bastards with bastard filling?
    In the banned dungeon, after several attempts to escape, if memory serves...

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    The thing about Bombas socks(besides their creepy commercials) is when they say "for every pair of socks we sell, we donate a pair to the homeless", or something to that affect. I take that as, I'm paying for those socks too. I got no problem with charity. I do prefer to choose my own though.

gforce

MDS Supporter
    Aug 22, 2018

Some tidbits:

Emphasis is mine.

There's more.
    Well, that is certainly an interesting position for a sock company to take. Why are you making pr statements about social justice, just make great socks and stay out of politics. While I would still rather buy from them than a vast array of others, since they are an American company, employing Americans and using American material; I may have to look for a new favorite American sock company.

The thing about Bombas socks(besides their creepy commercials) is when they say "for every pair of socks we sell, we donate a pair to the homeless", or something to that affect. I take that as, I'm paying for those socks too. I got no problem with charity. I do prefer to choose my own though.
    Ditto. Overpriced cotton blend socks. They shrink horribly after about 6 months and develop holes quickly. Not at all impressed with the 7-8 pair I've been given.

rouchna

Defund the ATF
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 25, 2009
    Virginia

Some tidbits:

Emphasis is mine.

There's more.
    Well crap! They make a great product, but this makes me look elsewhere.

Apr 8, 2013
    Anne Arundel Co
    Apr 8, 2013
    Anne Arundel Co
    Well, that is certainly an interesting position for a sock company to take. Why are you making pr statements about social justice, just make great socks and stay out of politics. While I would still rather buy from them than a vast array of others, since they are an American company, employing Americans and using American material; I may have to look for a new favorite American sock company.

Ditto. Overpriced cotton blend socks. They shrink horribly after about 6 months and develop holes quickly. Not at all impressed with the 7-8 pair I've been given.
    If they don't shrink in the first washing, how do they start shrinking after 6 months? Did you change laundering methods, like switching the water or dryer from low heat to high?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom