• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tc617

USN Sub Vet
    Jan 12, 2012
    Yuma, Arizona
    THERE WILL BE NO BENDING OF AK FLATS INTO RECIEVERS AT THIS EVENT
    ONLY PRE-OCTOBER 1 RECEIVERS ARE ALLOWED

I will be hosting another AK build party on May 3rd. My wife is gong to Florida for the weekend so my schedule is wide open.

This will be the last build party that I can host for awhile. Once warm weather approaches and I launch my boat I will be on the water almost every weekend until Autumn.

Last edited:

armed ferret

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 23, 2008
    McDoogal's
    man the embers haven't even subsided from yesterday and BAM! he's in with another one. :D

I'll be on leave, so I *SHOULD* be able to make this one.

especially if blasting and parking are available. I may bogart the blasting/parking stations all day. who knows. :D

tc617

USN Sub Vet
    Jan 12, 2012
    Yuma, Arizona
    man the embers haven't even subsided from yesterday and BAM! he's in with another one. :D

I'll be on leave, so I *SHOULD* be able to make this one.

especially if blasting and parking are available. I may bogart the blasting/parking stations all day. who knows. :D

I have 80 grit aluminum oxide media in my blast cabinet. Is that okay or should I change it out to something else for Parkerizing prep? I am going to order one of those 48" SS tanks with the lid and hot water heater element and the Parkerizing solution. What else will I need... WD-40, DI water, a rinse tank?!?!?

armed ferret

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 23, 2008
    McDoogal's
    distilled water to dilute the parkerizing solution.

a hose or faucet with lots of room underneath (we literally used a bathtub for easily 30-35 rifles) to rinse. hot water is better, if possible, just because it dries off on the way to oiling. but yeah, copious amounts of wd-40 will negate the need for super-hot water or total drying/removal of the water.

TL;DR--4:1 or 5:1 distilled water to park solution, a hose, and wd-40 in an amount similar to the number of dimes someone had to go back and get in Blazing Saddles. :D

(a can of WD-40 should work for 3-5 rifles, maybe more. if people are coming and intending to park, have 'em bring a can....you won't run out that way)

foodpoison

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 19, 2013
    the Dena
    how much park solution do we need,where should we get it? TC no way I can let you spend a dime on solution. so I guess we should get a gun count then guestimate how much we need

armed ferret

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 23, 2008
    McDoogal's
    one gallon of solution yields 5-6 gallons of bath. that'll park....hell.....50-60 guns, easily. As the park gets a little lighter in color, you can always just add a little more acid to darken it up again.

I have some spare steel wool so don't worry about that (used to "season" the mixture before doing any guns).

If anyone plans on parking some guns, I'd say the rule should be a can of WD-40 for every 5 guns one plans on parkerizing.

tc617

USN Sub Vet
    Jan 12, 2012
    Yuma, Arizona
    I ordered my parkerizing tank today. It is a 6"x6"x40" SS tank with lid, built in SS temperature gauge, and 1" bung for SS hot water heater element.

This week I will stop by Lowe's to pick up the 110v SS heater element, a work box, and dimmer switch. I figure with the dimmer switch I can vary the resistance to find out where to adjust it to maintain a steady 185-195 degree solution temperature.

tc617

USN Sub Vet
    Jan 12, 2012
    Yuma, Arizona
    Apex is selling an AK variant that I have never heard of until now. It's a Hungarian AK63D underfolder for $249. I placed my order tonight... two more parts kits inbound! :D

https://www.apexgunparts.com/product_info.php/cPath/51/products_id/3486
    HUNGARIAN_AK47_PARTS_KIT.jpg

Original Hungarian AK63D AMMS Underfolder parts kit, 7.62X39.

Sold as a part set.
    These were manufactured by Fegyver- és Gázkészülékgyár (FEG) in Hungary and show finish wear from military service.
    The AK63 series were never produced in large numbers, the last export of guns were sold for use in the war in the Balkans.
    The kit is complete minus the stamped receiver and barrel.
    These have matching serial numbers on the bolt & carrier.
    They have a wood pistol grip and wooden handguards (as pictured).
    The AK63D was intended for service with mobile forces, and came equipped with a underfolding stock.
    The cleaning rod is included.

We stock rivets, scope bases, magazines and US Compliance triggers/parts to use with the AK parts kit.

Standard AK barrels & stamped receivers can be fit to the AK63D to build a semi-auto rifle.

tc617

USN Sub Vet
    Jan 12, 2012
    Yuma, Arizona
    cancel !!!!! look closer these are the kits that people returned where the torch got to close to the RSB

I am going to roll the dice and take a chance. I have a spare Romy RSB if one of them arrives torched.

One of these parts kits is going to get hacked up into an 8.5" pistol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Kdaily1127

Latest threads

Top Bottom