• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sureshot

Apr 15, 2014
    kit questions

In addition to your receiver, rails, barrel and parts kit, you will need a center support rivet and a rivet set for your particular build. Other things to consider is a US trigger (Tapco G2 single hook will be fine) and a Red Star Arms FCG pin retaining plate.

what is difference in single/double hook trigger (both same price at ak-builder). I need a barrel but find ak-buiders' barrels do not have gas port drilled - do you have the jig for this? I have had the kit several years but don't know much about it. I think its polish, how would I tell as I need to know this to purchase barrel? could take a picture...thanks

BLACKTALON

Ammo is like food
    Aug 4, 2011
    severna park
    sportsman's guide has underfolder kit - no barrel as I recall.
    \
    this is a milled Bulgarian kit I believe and will not work unless you get trunnions and other parts. I am going to be coming building on one of the Nodak-spuds I have hopefully A mint Bulgarian matching kit
    TC613 did you get your APex kits and if so how do they look?
    Anyone looking for a Ak-74 kit R-guns has some nice ones

P.S if anyone Needs a Bulgarian AK-74 original barrel I have 3 for sale.

Stevearado

Oct 12, 2009
    St Mary's County
    I need a barrel but find ak-buiders' barrels do not have gas port drilled - do you have the jig for this? I have had the kit several years but don't know much about it. I think its polish, how would I tell as I need to know this to purchase barrel? could take a picture...thanks

You do not need a jig to drill the gas port, just a long drill bit. Once the gas block is installed and pinned, it will serve as the guide. When I took mine back to tc617's to get it drilled, it was a quick job.

tc617

USN Sub Vet
    Jan 12, 2012
    Yuma, Arizona
    what is difference in single/double hook trigger (both same price at ak-builder). I need a barrel but find ak-buiders' barrels do not have gas port drilled - do you have the jig for this? I have had the kit several years but don't know much about it. I think its polish, how would I tell as I need to know this to purchase barrel? could take a picture...thanks

singledoublehook.jpg

20090301_0239.jpg

AKTG.jpg

foodpoison

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 19, 2013
    the Dena
    so are all park solutions created equal? was thinking of ordering tomorrow. brownells,midway, or somewhere else? WD 40 we talking aerosol right not liquid?

armed ferret

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 23, 2008
    McDoogal's
    manganese phosphate. zinc is the really light gray color, manganese gives the medium to dark gray (almost black) color.

and yes, just the regular spray can of wd-40.

armed ferret

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 23, 2008
    McDoogal's
    Tapco fcg or arsenal 2 stage fcg (same price, arsenal is more tunable), and furniture.

Ronin makes great pistol grips that are exact replicas, with the US marking out of sight unless you remove it. IWD makes fantastic stocks and handguards. Their birch laminate with a ronin plum grip is a perfect match for russian wood, provided one doesnt go full retard and use red ****ing minwax to finish the wood. :lol2:

BLACKTALON

Ammo is like food
    Aug 4, 2011
    severna park
    Tapco fcg or arsenal 2 stage fcg (same price, arsenal is more tunable), and furniture.

Ronin makes great pistol grips that are exact replicas, with the US marking out of sight unless you remove it. IWD makes fantastic stocks and handguards. Their birch laminate with a ronin plum grip is a perfect match for russian wood, provided one doesnt go full retard and use red ****ing minwax to finish the wood. :lol2:

ooo I am going full retared on one of the kits

tc617

USN Sub Vet
    Jan 12, 2012
    Yuma, Arizona
    So do we have a head count on who is coming to this build party? I am just trying to gauge how much interest there is I this one.

foodpoison

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 19, 2013
    the Dena
    drill press,trunnion jig,dremal,clamps,files,park solution,and meatballs(disregard my screen name) is what I'll be bringing

ejholt

Feb 6, 2013
    I'm in, good have to break away for a couple hours for my kids baseball game though (live about 5mins away). I can bring short/long rivet jig, akbuilder rail support, akbuilder drill guide, dremel and shop press if needed. I also have a 120/220 Miller Mig welder if needed.

tc617

USN Sub Vet
    Jan 12, 2012
    Yuma, Arizona
    Invitations and directions went out today. PM me if you did not get them. The weather Saturday looks like its going to be sunny and 70 degrees!

tc617

USN Sub Vet
    Jan 12, 2012
    Yuma, Arizona
    My 40" parkerizing tank came in last week. I wired up a 110v hot water heater element and the water warmed up from 60-190 degrees in less than an hour. I am going to bring home a laser themometer from work today and see how evenly the temperature is across the tank. If there is any flucuations I will install a recirculating pump to circulate the solution.

Attachments

• IMG_0397.jpg
      IMG_0397.jpg
      78.5 KB · Views: 126
    • IMG_0395.jpg
      IMG_0395.jpg
      55.9 KB · Views: 123
    • IMG_0398.jpg
      IMG_0398.jpg
      88.7 KB · Views: 133
    • IMG_0399.jpg
      IMG_0399.jpg