• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    Don't know why I don't think of this before.

My wife has a Ruger SR22. It is cheap and so far eats anything we shoot through it. I would only fire copper plated though. Leads tend to jam in semis as we all know.

Travis Bickle

Jul 13, 2012
    MoCo
    Ruger Sr22 is great but kind of in a differnt class then full sized .22 pistols
    Ruger mkii slab side compitition is my favorite gun and eats everything

If you like revolvers ruger is coming out with the gp100 in .22, probably out of your price range untill initial demand falls

Im also listing my smith 617 soon, but new or used those are hard to get under 600

71Chevelle427

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 19, 2015
    B'More County, Maryland
    The SP101 in .22 lr is beautiful and much less expensive than the GP100. Not sure why the MSRP shows over $700 on the Ruger site. I have seen them far cheaper locally. It might be a little small for your mitts though big fella. You could always retrofit it with a larger Hogue grip.

04b82deda571eb4cffa0b830cd7c71d4.jpg

You should see me palm an LCP...LOL :lol2:

CCW without a holster...:party29:

71Chevelle427

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 19, 2015
    B'More County, Maryland
    Out of curiosity, did you happen to check the MDShooters classifieds?

http://www.mdshooters.com/vbclassified.php?do=ad&id=26811

Yes I did. I always look there...multiple times a day, lol. :innocent0

Not the best deal I could find though, and a bit far.

How's this one? At the top of the price range, but pretty sharp. :thumbsup:

http://www.jlowesguns.com/Ruger-062...Mag-55-6rd-Rosewood-Grip-Stainless_p_247.html

I really do like this one:

http://www.jlowesguns.com/RUGER-SP101-22-LR-5765_p_233.html

blankford

Apr 29, 2015
    Bel Air
    Smith and Wesson M&P 22 Compact.

The thing shoots ANYTHING I put in it. From nice CCI to Walmart white box junk. And it's is an absolutely BLAST to shoot. It has what I would consider a much more appealing look to it then a Ruger or a Buckmark.

Also comes standard with a threaded barrel that you could throw a suppressor on if you were so inclined. My paperwork should be back any day now.

I saw one on sale just yesterday for $265 but they can be found easily for $285-$300.

Check here for prices.

Mightydog

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    I have the Sig 1911 made by Walther. Made by Walther with Sigs warranty. Only issue is without using high velocity rounds you might have issues with the slide. I use mainly mini mags (when I can find them). Other than that a great gun. Depending if you want a revolver or semi-automatic. If strictly for 22 then a wheel gun should be good like a Ruger. Good luck.

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    I know people that do ccw (legally) with .22LR revolvers.

wouldn't necessarily be my first choice, but go with what you know and have trained with. 7, 8, 9, or 10 rounds of well placed .22LR would go a long way to stop a violent criminal that is attacking you.

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo

Rockfish

Feb 26, 2013
    22/45 all day! After getting it apart and back together once or twice its second nature. The difficulty of disassembly and reassembly are way over stated and with a little practice it becomes simple. IMO, other than the buckmark there isn't another .22 semi auto in this price range that comes close to being as perfect. Im going to finish this one off soon with a volquartsen accuizing kit and maybe some VZ grips because I friggen love their G10 stuff.

Rockfish

Feb 26, 2013
    I really like the looks of that - I'll bet it's as nice to shoot as it is to look at.

They're a pleasure to shoot right out of the box. Very accurate and reliable. They really shine with some of the readily available after market stuff. The volquartsen kit runs about $80 and turns the trigger into something special.

photoracer

Competition Shooter
    Oct 22, 2010
    West Virginia
    Revolvers are the most reliable since no action is cycled. As long as you like revolvers. From my experience the Ruger MK III or 22/45 and the Browning Buckmark are the 2 most reliable .22 autoloaders. More so than any of the 1911 .22 conversions I have seen or shot. That does not mean that individual samples of Rugers or Brownings might be more finicky it just means they tend to be more ammo insensitive than other types of .22s (and yes I have owned an S&W 622 and 22S in the past). All .22 handguns are blowback designs which means that the round has to have sufficient power to cycle the action and the range of acceptable power is not infinitely large enough to cover every brand and type of ammo from sub-sonic to hyper velocity. It just won't. But if you want reliability of all the more common ammo varieties then yes. The factory springs will determine what ammo power range it likes best. You can always setup another set to cover ammo outside the guns factory range if you want to go to the trouble. Most don't do that. If you are worried about ammo then you need to look into buying ammo in 5k round cases and not depend on getting whatever Wal-Mart gets in stock.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ddsabedra

Latest threads

Top Bottom