• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Semper Noctem

Desk Rabbit
    Aug 9, 2011
    Fairfax, VA
    I looked at Elzetta, but would like to stick with surefire, unless someone can give a good reason not to go with either their x300 or m300a light. Their website wasn't showing up properly the other day too. Pretty frustrating.

The BCM Mod0 grip is good, I like it while handling and doing house clearing drills. It's more like the AK grip I know and love. I just wish I could get the AK's ergonomics on the AR. :(

The AR feels awkward and bulky to me. I think part of it is the light I'm using, but we'll see.

Man, those are two statements that I thought I would never hear about the AK and AR platforms respectively. I feel the exactly opposite way about those. Just me.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    If you're set on Surefire, check out the X300 Ultra. 500 lumens.

comparison attached.

Attachments

• surfire x300-x300 ultra.jpg
      surfire x300-x300 ultra.jpg
      46.9 KB · Views: 788
    • surefire x300-x300 ultra comp.jpg
      surefire x300-x300 ultra comp.jpg
      54.3 KB · Views: 778

awptickes

Jun 26, 2011
    N. Of Perryville
    Man, those are two statements that I thought I would never hear about the AK and AR platforms respectively. I feel the exactly opposite way about those. Just me.

I'm so used to the AK that it's completely opposite for me.

I find the AK very easy and intuitive to use, and it's what I've trained to use for a long long time. So my under-stress manipulation is reflex.

Semper Noctem

Desk Rabbit
    Aug 9, 2011
    Fairfax, VA
    I'm so used to the AK that it's completely opposite for me.

I find the AK very easy and intuitive to use, and it's what I've trained to use for a long long time. So my under-stress manipulation is reflex.

I can't argue with that. Man knows what he likes. At the end of the day, that's what matters most.

JDove

Ultimate Member
    Jun 16, 2010
    I think I have my new 6940 setup completed.

Added a BCM Gunfighter Mod 3 Charging Handle, Troy FDE Rear BUIS, Trijicon TA33R-11 ACOG w/ Larue QD LT105 mount, and Magpul FDE STR. I just need to figure out what I want to do for a the rear sling mount. Was thinking about a Tango Down PR-4 mount.

6940Front.jpeg

6940Right.jpeg

Flipz

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2010
    I just need to figure out what I want to do for a the rear sling mount. Was thinking about a Tango Down PR-4 mount.
    Rifle looks great!

I'm not a fan of the PR-4 personally. To much added weight and the loss of a stock position turn me off about it. What about using a Noveske QD Endplate?

Chris L

Bite me
    Oct 31, 2007
    Catonsville
    The beginning of new build...

Untitled.jpg

I've already got the handguard for it, 15" Rainier Arms Evolution. The handguard and upper will get Cerakoted to match the lower. The barrel will be 14.5" with Noveske KX3.

Last edited:

mouzzer

Nov 10, 2012
    Calvert
    Mouzzer, any chance some more pis of the color, my buddy duracoats and sometimes i get in on it too. Id like to do a fde reciever but i agree the pic almost makes it look silver.

Ill get some more pictures up tomorrow. The Daniel Defense FDE does have a bit of a metallic shine to it but ill let you decide when I post pics in different lighting/back drops.

Blu Falcon

Recon by Fire
    Aug 28, 2012
    Colorado
    Thats a nice setup. I was hoping you were going to say AGC, ill be there soon.

Thanks, brother. Love the trigger. Very smooth. Very predictable. No creep. Clean break. More importantly it won't go off if I sneeze.

Post pics when you get it all together. :thumbsup:

JDove

Ultimate Member
    Jun 16, 2010
    Rifle looks great!

I'm not a fan of the PR-4 personally. To much added weight and the loss of a stock position turn me off about it. What about using a Noveske QD Endplate?

I don't think losing that position would make much difference for me. I want to try to avoid changing the endplate on this rifle. It seems to be a better design than the other similar products that Troy and DD make. Just trying to figure out if is a POS or not. I could use the QD in the stock, but I don't care for the sling mounted in that position.

Flipz

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2010
    I don't think losing that position would make much difference for me. I want to try to avoid changing the endplate on this rifle. It seems to be a better design than the other similar products that Troy and DD make. Just trying to figure out if is a POS or not. I could use the QD in the stock, but I don't care for the sling mounted in that position.

Why are you trying to avoid changing the endplate? Changing an endplate is easy. Restaking it is easy also. The PR-4 is an older, over-priced, clunkier design in my opinion. There are much better options out there. But, to each his own. If its a PR-4 you want. Then its a PR-4 you should get. :thumbsup:

JDove

Ultimate Member
    Jun 16, 2010
    Why are you trying to avoid changing the endplate? Changing an endplate is easy. Restaking it is easy also. The PR-4 is an older, over-priced, clunkier design in my opinion. There are much better options out there. But, to each his own. If its a PR-4 you want. Then its a PR-4 you should get. :thumbsup:

I know its easy, I have done it before. It's a pretty limited edition rifle, just don't want to mess with it much that's why I was looking for a different mounting option.

jawn

YOU TROLLIN!
    Feb 10, 2011
    INTARWEB
    Nice avatar.

Really digging the Umbrella lower. Unfortunately they have no ETA on when they will be back in stock again.

They seem to be in stock every couple of weeks. I snagged one a few weeks ago, and my buddy got one out of the last batch of them up on Rainier last week.

bangbangbye

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 2, 2012
    LWRC M6-SL with a couple mods. bought the base gun from a member through the classifieds.

Attachments

• IMG_6609.jpg
      IMG_6609.jpg
      52.6 KB · Views: 818

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Shive62

Latest threads