• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Thanks, just got a AGM TC35-384 and they mentioned the glass thing and was wondering if the higher end thermals could compensate because of the better resolution.

Q
    Those look very useful. Let us know how you like it!

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    Thanks, just got a AGM TC35-384 and they mentioned the glass thing and was wondering if the higher end thermals could compensate because of the better resolution.

Q
    Also try a blanket or a sheet a couple of feet in front of the object you are looking at.

I am curious if the newer high end models picks up any residual heat.

Boondock Saint

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2008
    White Marsh
    I got to peek through a thermal scope this winter. It was incredible. It's basically cheating. As we know, there's no such thing as a "fair" fight. I don't own one but definitely want one!

steves1911

Ultimate Member
    Dec 2, 2011
    On a hill in Wv
    We need to have nvg get together somewhere. Would be interesting to compare a bunch of optics. Not many brick and mortar stores carrying these things.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    We need to have nvg get together somewhere. Would be interesting to compare a bunch of optics. Not many brick and mortar stores carrying these things.
    That would be fun. I have a white phosphor PVS-14 with good specs and a Super Hogster R thermal sight I can bring.

Qbeam

Ultimate Member
    Apr 16, 2008
    Georgia
    If had the funds, I would be there for the comparison. Would make for an uber fun YouTube video.

Q

First, there's only a minority of people who prep. Of those I feel the number of people with thermals are small. I prep primarily for nature/solar disasters. If there's a nationwide/worldwide apocalypse I'd rather not be around for it

I'll stick with thermal underwear
    If you prep for any situation you are a target. If I were a bad guy intent on taking stuff from others I would do it at night with my thermal.

Qbeam

Ultimate Member
    Apr 16, 2008
    Georgia
    That's why you should be careful of who you tell what you have. I've had the "how many _________ do you have?" I usually say something to play stupid, and make sure they don't know where I live.

Q

LeadSled1

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 25, 2009
    MD
    Read most of the thread. Just as a heads up as it hasn’t been mentioned but in a SHTF or other life or death scenario any IR emitters or IR lasers you use are also viewable by anyone else running NV setups. Momentary remote switches are your friend, light up the target, fire, turn it off. Otherwise your illumination points right back to the point of origin.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom