• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Speed3

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    MD
    That thermal range finder seems super legit. I didn't know that such a thing even existed?

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Is anyone considering a clip on Thermal like the Accufire Incendis? You can install this in front of your regular scope, use it standalone, or use it as a monocular?
    Yes, this is why people like the iRay RH25, which literally does it all, except for the magnified thermal (ex: Hogster) and thermal overlay (ex: COTI) use cases.

h2u

Village Idiot
    Jul 8, 2007
    South County
    I ended up going with this. Rangefinder, too. Good for pigs and tyrants. $2100 on eBay.

I decided to buy a second thermal scope as my handheld scanner. That way, if primary scope goes down, I can send it back to manufacturer and still have a scope to continue hunting with until I get it returned.

hobiecat590

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 2, 2016
    Yes, this is why people like the iRay RH25, which literally does it all, except for the magnified thermal (ex: Hogster) and thermal overlay (ex: COTI) use cases.
    Thanks I'll check it out. I did see the iRay 75 and wow, but $16k is a bit pricey :-)

ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    I ended up going with this. Rangefinder, too. Good for pigs and tyrants. $2100 on eBay.

If you didn’t pull the trigger yet, Midwest Thermal has the Pulsar Thermal Rangefinder Binoculars on sale for $4500 that $400 cheaper Amazon’s Cyber Monday deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Here’s a pretty good summary of the different types, history, and pros & cons:

Wow, thanks for the link to brilliant.org.

(Night vision video was also excellent!)

steves1911

Ultimate Member
    Dec 2, 2011
    On a hill in Wv
    Night vision guys has the agm asp160 for $399 and the taipan 10-256 for $549. Hard to beat that for cheap thermal monocular with a warranty from a reputable company.

Alea Jacta Est

Extinguished member
    MDS Supporter

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Roger that. Don’t forget the internal temp…165

I wonder if the cheeks are good. Maybe just to be avoided since they’ve only been full of bullchit and lies
    I’d trash the cheeks. Probably tough from all the flapping. Plus the marinades of bullchit and lies you mentioned.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Scot2024

Latest threads

Top Bottom