• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dontallo

Crotchety Old Guy Who Owns Too Many Guns
    Feb 13, 2020
    Sarver, PA 16055
    Since I am soon to no longer be a Maryland resident, and I doubt Butler County is considered a Maryland neighbor, I should probably join a community like this for Pennsylvania.

steves1911

Ultimate Member
    Dec 2, 2011
    On a hill in Wv
    Since I am soon to no longer be a Maryland resident, and I doubt Butler County is considered a Maryland neighbor, I should probably join a community like this for Pennsylvania.
    I moved out of MD 5 years ago this forum has as much activity as some of the worldwide gun forums I get on. I have joined a similiar board here in WV with a whopping 150members 80% + are inactive. That said PA has PAFOA and it seems to have a decent sized membership.

dontallo

Crotchety Old Guy Who Owns Too Many Guns
    Feb 13, 2020
    Sarver, PA 16055
    Where abouts in Butler County?

If Zelienople, be sure to hit Baldinger's Candy. Or even if not Zelienople.

We took a long hard serious look at Zelienople and surrounding Jackson township. Evans City too. Both are awesome communities with and old-town look and feel. Unfortunately, we couldn't afford much more than a townhouse there. Any house we could afford needed more work than I want to undertake at this point in my life. At 57 years old, I don't want to spend my weekends unf@cking someone else's f@ckups. I've done that twice in my life. I'm done with that.

We're building in literally the opposite side of Butler County. Sarver, north of Freeport. There was over $85K difference in price for the exact same floorplan from the same builder's between developments in Jackson Township and Sarver.

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    Plenty of nice country out that way, Route 28 is western PA's best kept secret.

Give Kittanning and Ford City a gander.

BigCountry14

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 17, 2013
    There is a pa hunters forumn that's got a lot of activity. But its definitely not the same breed.

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    Perkins restaurant on a Saturday night.
    I bet…
    • No one caries a hammer there.
    • There’s no 3% rule.
    • There’s no cul de sac.
    But there’s probably a car idling in the parking lot because the battery is dead and the owner can’t get it restarted if she turns it off.

babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    I bet…
    • No one caries a hammer there.
    • There’s no 3% rule.
    • There’s no cul de sac.
    But there’s probably a car idling in the parking lot because the battery is dead and the owner can’t get it restarted if she turns it off.
    but they have ghosts?

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    Bonus to PA residents on MDShooters, they get to tell us how they live free(er) and how MD sucks.

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA

It's okay to belong to more than one 2A forum.
    this , the PAFOA organizes most PA 2A things. It has a lot of functions that cost money, and overall isn't as good, MDS is a lot better, and has enough PA folk that it covers most things the PAFOA does anyway.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    The only gun forum I’ve seen even close is Calguns. People whose state government isn’t interested in taking their guns and making them criminals don’t seem to want to talk about guns much.

Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    The only gun forum I’ve seen even close is Calguns. People whose state government isn’t interested in taking their guns and making them criminals don’t seem to want to talk about guns much.
    To be fair, only about 3% of the conversations on MDS are about guns.

Abuck

Ultimate Member

It's okay to belong to more than one 2A forum.
    This. It used to be a lot more active years ago. A bunch of members got themselves banned, and others just are not on much anymore. Some have passed. So it’s a lot like here, just not as busy. Still a great source of PA specific info.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom