• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JohnnyE

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 18, 2013
    MoCo
    Yinz are killing me. My pop's best friend from high school, and his wife and kids, lived on Shadowlawn in Mt. Lebanon, and they'd host this starving college kid weekends during the fall. We'd watch Stillers games, listen to Myron Cope, grill steaks, and live large.

I learned that the China Inn in Greentree, their favorite Chinese place, closed in the last few years. My pop's friend knew the owner well, and when ten of us (our families) would show up for dinner, he's simply ask the owner to "bring us something good." Wonderful things would just show up all evening long. What a way to feast!

You cannot beat the smile off my face at this moment!

tourrider

Grumpy
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 9, 2009
    Corry, PA
    We took a long hard serious look at Zelienople and surrounding Jackson township. Evans City too. Both are awesome communities with and old-town look and feel. Unfortunately, we couldn't afford much more than a townhouse there. Any house we could afford needed more work than I want to undertake at this point in my life. At 57 years old, I don't want to spend my weekends unf@cking someone else's f@ckups. I've done that twice in my life. I'm done with that.

We're building in literally the opposite side of Butler County. Sarver, north of Freeport. There was over $85K difference in price for the exact same floorplan from the same builder's between developments in Jackson Township and Sarver.

Congrats! Love the Butler area. Used to ride my motorcycle all over that area for the years I lived on the West side of Pittsburgh. I’ve bounced between Western Pa and Maryland for the last 44 years. I’m now at my last stop up near Erie.

You’re right on top of Lernerville Speedway, my favorite dirt track. We drag our camper down a couple times a year for the Firecracker 100 in late June, and then again in October for the Steel City Shootout series. Both are three days of racing, its a hoot.

PAFOA.ORG is the PA centered forum. I’ve been a member there for years. However the brain trust of MDShooters is hard to match.

It great to be back here where EDC is normal, and we have a lot of open carry around here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

ironcity

Feb 6, 2013
    Taneytown
    Still go up to Pittsburgh a few times a year to visit family. Grew up in the South Hills (Baldwin) wife is from West Mifflin (Kennywood area). Have property in Butler up there near game land 95 and go up to my Brother-in-laws property to shoot alot. He has a range on the back of his place.

308Scout

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 27, 2020
    Washington County
    No, not that far south. I am a born and raised ridge runner through and through.

Been to Idlewild a lot though, albeit years ago. There used to be the best BBQ chicken on route 30.

I remember smelling that chicken when passing by and it always smelled awesome. I never had the chance to try it though. Did you ever have Picken Chicken while it was open? That place had fantastic fried chicken.

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    I remember smelling that chicken when passing by and it always smelled awesome. I never had the chance to try it though. Did you ever have Picken Chicken while it was open? That place had fantastic fried chicken.
    Not that I recall.

If you go back to PA on the right weekends in the summer time, the fire departments still make open pit chicken BBQ for fund raisers.

Tomcat

Formerly Known As HITWTOM
    May 7, 2012
    St.Mary's County
    Back to the OP. I used to belong to a PA forum, probably PAFOA and it wasn’t very active. Maybe a handful of posts per week

dontallo

Crotchety Old Guy Who Owns Too Many Guns
    Feb 13, 2020
    Sarver, PA 16055
    Congrats! Love the Butler area. Used to ride my motorcycle all over that area for the years I lived on the West side of Pittsburgh. I’ve bounced between Western Pa and Maryland for the last 44 years. I’m now at my last stop up near Erie.

You’re right on top of Lernerville Speedway, my favorite dirt track. We drag our camper down a couple times a year for the Firecracker 100 in late June, and then again in October for the Steel City Shootout series. Both are three days of racing, its a hoot.

PAFOA.ORG is the PA centered forum. I’ve been a member there for years. However the brain trust of MDShooters is hard to match.

It great to be back here where EDC is normal, and we have a lot of open carry around here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Sarver: Speedway, two different locomotive train tours through the mountains, 20 minutes from the zoo, Harrison Hills Park, Freeport Summer Theatre, Freeport Community Trail, Penn's Colony, and a nearby theater for rainy days. That's just within 20 minutes. A little longer to Pitt museums, Kennywood, AAA baseball, etc. I'm going to be the coolest grandpa.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom