• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter
    Sarver: Speedway, two different locomotive train tours through the mountains, 20 minutes from the zoo, Harrison Hills Park, Freeport Summer Theatre, Freeport Community Trail, Penn's Colony, and a nearby theater for rainy days. That's just within 20 minutes. A little longer to Pitt museums, Kennywood, AAA baseball, etc. I'm going to be the coolest grandpa.
    Kenwood used to be great, now it's barely ok.

Metal detectors, savage yutes, general horse shiit.

S. E. Hinton weeps

babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg

S. E. Hinton weeps
    like Gangs' Dominion and 6 Scabs. Damn I miss Lion Country Safari and Enchanted Forest.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air

S. E. Hinton weeps
    Yeah. We did all of our class picnics there from kindergarten through when we moved to Maryland when I was in 7th grade. It was great and we always looked forward to it. Took my kids a few years back. Kennywood became Shadyside. A darned shame.

tourrider

Grumpy
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 9, 2009
    Corry, PA

S. E. Hinton weeps

That’s for sure. We’d take the kids to Kennywood several times a year, and our school district had Montour day. Big cookout in the pavilions, good memories. But the last time there, it was starting to turn. We noticed roving gang types, and we had to keep a closer watch on our girls.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

JohnnyE

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 18, 2013
    MoCo
    I lived in Western PA in the late 70's but never visited Kennnywood. It appears I really missed out.

dontallo

Crotchety Old Guy Who Owns Too Many Guns
    Feb 13, 2020
    Sarver, PA 16055
    So, my memories are mid-70’s, early 80’s compared to 2010 or so. YMMV
    If I recall correctly (which is a big *if* at my age) my family went there every summer from about 1971/2 until 1979. Back again in 1981, the summer after my sophomore year in high school. Next and final visit was when I took my kids in 2006. I didn't have any issues then. Sure it was MUCH smaller and more crowded that I remembered. But, comparted to Six Flags New Jersey, it was still very much family oriented. I guess, sadly, like everything else, as New Jersey goes, there goes Pennsylvania about a decade later.

Sloopjonb

Feb 5, 2016
    Bonus to PA residents on MDShooters, they get to tell us how they live free(er) and how MD sucks.
    I moved from there in 74, Hyattsville. Yes a free state is great to live in and here in Tennessee there is no income tax. If I get the hankering to buy a gun I can have it in about an hour right here back in my chair. I moved despite having a gov. job working at the White House but could not afford a house so within 6 months of moving here I owned a nice brick for 23k. The area I moved from looks like little Mexico and the guy I grew up with now lives in Hanover said he was afraid to drive to Chillum where we grew up too many gangs in the area.

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    Before this became a thread about living in and speaking Pittsburgh there were 2 posts that answered the OPs question with websites listings. This shows why folks can do a internet search and find answers but many just don't

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom