• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WHBD

Oct 4, 2023
    Crownsville
    What do you do with all those, toss them or do you skin them and process the pelts?
    Any with mange get tossed and turned over in a field. There are typically fur buyers at most check ins and we will get zero to $10 each for them. Obviously we cherry pick and skin and tan the best ones ourselves.

WHBD

Oct 4, 2023
    Crownsville
    I shot a doe that was missing a rear hoof. I dont think that was trap related. I shot another that the hoof was hanging on by some skin.It was a fresh wound. I'm almost certain it was caused by a bullet.

Just saying...... there could have been other reasons for a 3 legged yote
    It’s not the first three legged one I’ve shot. I’ve had the same experience with deer. I think these critters just live some rough lives. Not necessarily trap-based.

Vic

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2010
    Whiteford, MD
    I've had successful fox hunts using a fox pro primarily with rabbit, mouse, woodpecker, and fawn calls. We try to play the wind by putting the call 50 yds upwind because we think they'll approach from down wind, but just dont seem to attract them. I'll shoot you a note sometime. I've tried on APG which has lots of yotes but only pull in fox. Argh.
    V

WHBD

Oct 4, 2023
    Crownsville
    I've had successful fox hunts using a fox pro primarily with rabbit, mouse, woodpecker, and fawn calls. We try to play the wind by putting the call 50 yds upwind because we think they'll approach from down wind, but just dont seem to attract them. I'll shoot you a note sometime. I've tried on APG which has lots of yotes but only pull in fox. Argh.
    V
    Any time.

Wsanner

Sep 19, 2012
    No yotes yet after our first night fighting the wind and rain hunting out west. But the boy did manage to get him a ol kitty!

Attachments

• 0126242142.jpg
      0126242142.jpg
      192.8 KB · Views: 51

Wsanner

Sep 19, 2012
    Found the dogs last nite! 8 dogs in 5 sets! He doubled up for his first yote kills! Killed the first 2 and got the 3rd one back in.... He was standing there barking and my boy smacked him in the face to shut him up! actually hit him under the tongue and knocked his jaw straight down! Awesome trip to Kansas!

Attachments

• 0127242120a.jpg
      0127242120a.jpg
      125.1 KB · Views: 35

RRomig

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 30, 2021
    Burtonsville MD
    Found the dogs last nite! 8 dogs in 5 sets! He doubled up for his first yote kills! Killed the first 2 and got the 3rd one back in.... He was standing there barking and my boy smacked him in the face to shut him up! actually hit him under the tongue and knocked his jaw straight down! Awesome trip to Kansas!
    Congrats!

Wsanner

Sep 19, 2012
    Great job!
    I’ve been wanting a cat forever
    Thank you! He made me a proud daddy this weekend for sure! But I will be honest, I dont have a cat myself, so it was hard watching that thing come in and not take the shot! but I wouldnt change the outcome if I could!

WHBD

Oct 4, 2023
    Crownsville
    Hard to come back to calling here after that huh?

WHBD

Oct 4, 2023
    Crownsville
    Thank you! He made me a proud daddy this weekend for sure! But I will be honest, I dont have a cat myself, so it was hard watching that thing come in and not take the shot! but I wouldnt change the outcome if I could!
    So much better when it's your kids!

Wsanner

Sep 19, 2012
    Hard to come back to calling here after that huh?
    It really is! I couldn't help but smile and giggle after that first vocal of a stand and 5-6 groups sounded! I hunted SD years ago, killed a few on public land. Im sure the timing helped other than the moon, But what I saw this weekend was flatout badass! But Its a whole different world for sure. I made this trip about him. He got the first shot on every stand. I got to try and play cleanup, and I really need to work on my skills! I do a lot of bowfishing and my son hasn't had the interest in that. So Ive taken a few other kids out and got some satisfaction out of that. But being able to do this with my own son, its honestly been hard to come up with the words to describe it!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom