• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Love these hardened, primitive looking stuff. Ryan Smith dynamik blades on FB. Has some cool stuff posted.

Looks like yours is a "Kwaiken" model.

navyis2

im a grown ass man
    Oct 10, 2013
    Lexington, KY
    He has a few more up on his website and has a really cool batch coming up soon for those interested. The site is dynamik blades. I may have just bought this one.
    seraphnew1_zps028bb418.jpg

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    One more shot of Jameson and I'm going to pull the trigger on this.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1424539296035.jpg
      uploadfromtaptalk1424539296035.jpg
      35.1 KB · Views: 285

amoebicmagician

Samopal Goblin
    Dec 26, 2012
    Columbia, MD
    yeah, super weird choice for the chisel grind.

As long as it is hardened properly, this knife should stand up to some hard hard use.

I love that micarta too.

You should make some yourself, it will really give you and idea of the beauty and balls to the wall durability of the stuff.

I made some scales out of some old work shirts and polyester resin, and I had some left over after cutting out what I needed for the scales.

So I sanded it down into bookmarks

so one day i decide to try to break one just to see how hard it would be to do so.

I figured since I had sanded them so thin it would be relatively easy

It was not easy.

After putting it in a vise and exerting some leverage, it started to bend.... here it comes, it about to snap....

Nope.

It just bends

And bends

And bends some more

After finally bending it almost double the thing doesn't snap so much as it kind of 'peels' the polymer coating asunder.

HAHA I FINALLY BROKE IT!

Nope.

The fabric was still holding it together, and try as I might I could not get it to come apart. I finally had to saw it with a utility blade- it took like two concerted had working minutes

Micarta is awesome

navyis2

im a grown ass man
    Oct 10, 2013
    Lexington, KY
    At some point i might. I have some old blades i would like to re-scale. I wasn't too sure about the chisel grind, but have to say, that it has really been nice when using it to "work with" instead of just using it to toy around with.

navyis2

im a grown ass man
    Oct 10, 2013
    Lexington, KY
    He e mailed me back because I didn't mention the black one. He said that the Brown one is sold :innocent0 and did I mean the black one.

Trying to steal my brown one. I was pretty interested in the black one, because it is the first hollow grind double bevel I've seen him put up, but the acid pattern on the brown one was too awesome to pass up. :innocent0 For them coming with Kydex holsters and Teklocks I don't feel like it could be beat for a hand made knife.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    I personally think $140 is a steal. Great deal in my opinion, I've got knives like that where I spent $300 and more. Don't know how he sells them so cheaply. Buy them, buy all of them. Unless they are made from really bad steel, you'll never find them anywhere else for that price.

Jim Smith

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davech1831

Latest threads

Top Bottom