• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TyFromMD

Ultimate Member
    Mar 31, 2011
    Maryland
    My XDs was just returned in an 8x8x8 box with a letter thanking me for my patience, an invoice of 0 dollars, a note to download the new manual, and the XDs in a small black Springfield Armory Box with 7 round magazine. My Powder River Precision X-Treme grips are intact and undamaged.

MY XDs trigger feels about the same as I remember it. I'll take it out this weekend and update as necessary.

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    ^^ Jealous ^^ . Maybe I can put mine under the Christmas tree and pretend its a present when it arrives!

TyFromMD

Ultimate Member
    Mar 31, 2011
    Maryland
    Picked up a trigger scale today. My "upgraded" XDs trigger seems to break at about 7lbs. I'm going to disassemble it and polish a couple parts and see if that helps. I'll update in a few days.

Thanks.

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    I understand that recalls happen, I deal with them in the auto industry all the time, so by itself a recall isn't a dealbreaker to me. Problem is that Springfield hasn't been forthcoming through the whole process. Recalling pistols, claiming there was a fix and 30 day turn around when there was no fix yet developed, sufficient staff wasn't hired yet, and they had no idea when they would even begin the repairs was a complete fustercluck that puts a big dent in their reputation.

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    I didn't even bother to post the last email from Springfield. I was still really ticked off from the prior message, and the most recent one (last Friday) gave no better news. It was worthless. More blah, blah, everyone loves their upgrade, blah, blah, ... we hope to get everyone's pistols returned by early next year ...

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    Haven't followed this thread but this is disappointing to hear from Springfield.

I think 99% of gun owners would have liked a more up front presentation of the facts.

TyFromMD

Ultimate Member
    Mar 31, 2011
    Maryland
    I shot my XDs yesterday for the first time since getting it back. It's a .45. Fired 100 rounds of federal 230gr FMJ through it. No problems with feeding, ejecting, firing, etc. I never had any previously.

The grip safely seems to be a little more shallow than I recall. The trigger pull isn't remarkably heavy but it is very long, longer than I recall. But it has been two months.

I haven't shot a .45 since I sent this gun back and after about 40-50 it started to get uncomfortable, but I don't think this has anything to do with the repairs.

Bikebreath

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 30, 2009
    in the bowels of Baltimore
    I shot my XDs yesterday for the first time since getting it back. It's a .45. Fired 100 rounds of federal 230gr FMJ through it. No problems with feeding, ejecting, firing, etc. I never had any previously.

The grip safely seems to be a little more shallow than I recall. The trigger pull isn't remarkably heavy but it is very long, longer than I recall. But it has been two months.

I haven't shot a .45 since I sent this gun back and after about 40-50 it started to get uncomfortable, but I don't think this has anything to do with the repairs.

Thanks, Ty. It's a pretty small package for a .45. Great carry gun, though.

Chowda69

Apr 5, 2012
    Maryland (ugh)
    I had the same feeling. But I shot it so long ago, I cannot remember. I did experience the discomfort after about 50 rounds as well, but the gun shoots hard anyways. Honestly its not made to plink all day.

Thank god they only gave us a 7 round mag ....O'malley had to hand deliver the gun to me, just to make sure.

bkuether

Judge not this race .....
    Jan 18, 2012
    Marriottsville, MD
    Mine went back last week. 2014 for me!

I am going to work with a friend who re-loads to try and find a more comfortable round for this puppy. My hands start to ache at 15 and I am usually done by 30. Take it down to 185, and mess with the charge. All within specs of course....

I didn't buy it to plink with but I can hardly practice with it. I am hoping between an ammo change and maybe a grip cover I can at least get to 50 rounds.

Yeah yeah we have been through this before. Man up Keetur.... Sorry I have small hands..... I actually LIKE the small stock AK hand grip on my 74. NOT going to change it, fits rather nicely.

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    I have had a few 100rd sessions with mine, it does thump, no way a tiny 23oz 45 wouldn't, but it is controllable, and with moderate standard pressure loads they are fairly smooth. I have fired some of my 230gr+p defensive loads I normally use in my G30SF, and they have a lot more slap to them and hurt after a couple mags, a stronger spring would probably go a long way to tune that out. It is also not forgiving of holding low or loose, the grip texture tears your hand up unless you hold high and tight, then it isn't bad. Compared to other similarly small guns in full power calibers, 357mag J-frames, derringers, Kahr PM-series even small subcompact 1911s, the XDs actually isn't that bad, with the extended mag it is even better. I polished the trigger group on mine for a smooth 5#pull(good trigger just a bit too much overtravel), added novak night sights, and it shoots really well, not pleasant for hundreds of rounds, but fun and potent for what it is, and if it is a bit much, they do make a sissy 9mm version:D

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    Hey, folks, could be worse. You could be waiting in line for months for a not disapproved from msp, never having even fired it.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    Mine shipped yesterday afternoon. I would have never guess it would take MONTHS to be corrected.

psycosteve

Meme magic works!!!
    Sep 3, 2012
    Gentrfying the Hagersbush.
    Not to derail the thread I was looking at getting one in 45acp as I just did my Utah carry class . I like the full size XD in 45 and was wondering if even with the recall was it worth even looking at one right now ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davech1831

Latest threads

Top Bottom