• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pilgrim

Yup, this will be the first gun show my wife will attend. It should be interesting for all involved.

I'm thinking powder, primers, boolits, maybe a 10/22, some 9 and a 1911.
    Mags for AR-15 and 1911. Any of course anything that catch my eye and fits in wallet.

Last edited:

Demoneyes86

Ultimate Member
    Mar 4, 2011
    Baltimore
    Yup, this will be the first gun show my will attend. It should be interesting for all involved.

I'm thinking powder, primers, boolits, maybe a 10/22, some 9 and a 1911.
    Mags for AR-15 and 1911. Any of course anything that catch my eye and fits in wallet.

It would be easier and most likely cheaper to get a 1911 here. You have to factor in shipping to md ffl and the ffl fee. The prices are not to much different from local. Unless local shops are attending.

lkenefic

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    I'm debating this show versus the HoCo Show. I liked this show when I went with my son back before the do-do storm hit. I picked up some AK mags and a S&W MP-15 22 for him. In hindsight, I probably should have purchased more mags! But now with the extreme lines and feeding frenzy, I'm more inclined to go the the HoCo show with my 11 yo. He's fairly well engaged for his age, but expecting him to stand in line for an hour just to stand in other lines is a bit much. This, plus I think I'll put off mag acquisition until the prices stabilize a bit more... thoughts?

Vikingpwr67

Jan 28, 2013
    Baltimore
    It's a really good show. It was a lot less crowded on Sunday when I went last go around. And I still found a guy with some CCA 30rnd mags for $16 each.

hogarth

Ultimate Member
    Jun 13, 2009
    It will be a zoo with super high prices on whatever they have. I will pass.

N3YMY

Ultimate Member
    Jan 21, 2013
    I went to the last York Show and it was a madhouse. I got there about 20 mins before it opened and the line was about 1000 feet long NO JOKE. I was there about 90 mins and when I left, the line was still 500 feet out the door. Get there early if you can, Mags and Ammo went quick. I talked to a vendor that had 1000 AR 30 rd mags that he sold out in the first 15 minutes of when the doors opened.... Good Luck.

Sounds liked Bloomsburg...

gjohnsonoc

Feb 18, 2013
    OCMD
    Gun Show Shotgun MD res Pa gun show

I am looking for a mossberg 590 or 590a1 how likely would it be to find one at the gun show this weekend? I would have to wait how long to actually have the gun in hand?

pilgrim

It would be easier and most likely cheaper to get a 1911 here. You have to factor in shipping to md ffl and the ffl fee. The prices are not to much different from local. Unless local shops are attending.

I just wanted a nice bit of fun for my day. She may have her C&R FFL by then. She has not seen any 1911 at local shops, but hasn't been to every one yet. If she selects something regulated, I would make sure it was a MD dealer.

Darkemp

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2009
    Marylandistan
    I am looking for a mossberg 590 or 590a1 how likely would it be to find one at the gun show this weekend? I would have to wait how long to actually have the gun in hand?

You're almost better off to try and order from a big box store. Is Dick's doing orders for customers? Got mine there last summer at a great price and glad I did.

Ab_Normal

Ab_member
    Feb 2, 2010
    Carroll County
    I just wanted a nice bit of fun for my day. She may have her C&R FFL by then. She has not seen any 1911 at local shops, but hasn't been to every one yet. If she selects something regulated, I would make sure it was a MD dealer.

Md. dealers can't sell firearms at out of state gun shows.

bmonast

Feb 1, 2011
    Gamber, MD
    The line for the last show in York was so long my wife and I got right back in the car and went to breakfast. There is a great diner up there next to Dicks, she loved the eggs benedict. So the morning was not a total loss. I am going to check out HC instead.

Sgt. Sykesville

O'mortified
    Feb 28, 2009
    New Windsor
    The York SAR shows were ****. Even though the last few havent been affiliated with SAR, they've still been better than any show within the MD state lines IMO. I'll be passing on this one, but for those who do attend; there is a Hooters near by.....and that's never bad :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bapple

Latest threads

Top Bottom