• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jackson923

Hell Yeah!
    Jan 25, 2008
    Harford Co
    York Izaak Walton League "Fun Shoot"

York Izaak Walton League will have a "Fun Shoot" Saturday the 26th if anyone is interested, didn't see this posted anywhere and hope they don't mind me posting it. Here is the link: http://yorkpistol.blogspot.com
    George

Last edited:

Guderian

Mar 31, 2011
    I plan on attending. Shot my first steel match at PSA this year (thanks Mike! and Karl!) and am hooked.

Jackson923

Hell Yeah!
    Jan 25, 2008
    Harford Co
    I signed up last night for CF Pistol and Shotgun in the 10am slot. If it's full I told to bump to 1pm slot. I look forward to hearing if I got in.

Me too! Think the shotgun was my weak link even though I ran it fine and didn't drop any shells on my reloads for the Spring 3M 3G. Figured extra practice won't hurt.

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    bikebreath will be the guy with the softest, most supple lips at the competition (re his lip balm post). ahahahahahahahaaaaa

Jackson923

Hell Yeah!
    Jan 25, 2008
    Harford Co
    bikebreath will be the guy with the softest, most supple lips at the competition (re his lip balm post). ahahahahahahahaaaaa

I always thought he :kissass:

Do you MDS folks want to meet somewhere on the range? Say next to that big old stove/fireplace thing under the roof area?

Guderian

Mar 31, 2011
    I'm in the 10 am group also, how are we going to see your grip tape when your hands around it?

Good point. I'll be the guy either missing or shooting low on all the plates. :)

I shot almost a box per stage at the PSA event, which is crazy. Hope to do better at this event.

Guderian

Mar 31, 2011
    Don't forget Howard said to meet in the back, by the gate to the back pits.

This will be my first time shooting at York. Where are the back pits on the map they provide, and where do you park if you are shooting in the back pits?

Thanks,
    Jim

Last edited:

kalister1

R.I.P.
    May 16, 2008
    Pasadena Maryland
    Come in on the main entrance, (the grounds keepers house on the right) follow the dirt road past the clubhouse. Open field on your left, continue to the Trap House. The road turns left just past the trap machines (little concrete block bunkers). From the trap area to the roofed rifle range you park on the grass on your left, you might see cars there already. You can park behind the covered firring area if you get there early. If you follow the dirt road around past the rifle ranges you will come to a NO PARKING BEYOND THIS POINT sign. Don't drive past it. Walk down the dirt road, alongside the open pistol range and you will see the gates that lead to the back pits.
    The back pits are not on the map, but they are beyond the berm of the front pistol ranges.
    Don't forget that York is a COLD range. When you get in the back ask and someone will direct you to a Safe Table were you can handle your guns. Don't handle guns anywhere except the Safe Table.

Guderian

Mar 31, 2011
    I just sent in an email for Paige and I. We'll see if we get in.

That would be awesome man. I just took a class at Center Mass last weekend. It was their intro class. Trying to decide on whether I can afford handgun 1 class end of June early July (6/30-7/1). Are you taking anymore Center Mass classes this year?

Guderian

Mar 31, 2011
    Come in on the main entrance, (the grounds keepers house on the right) follow the dirt road past the clubhouse. Open field on your left, continue to the Trap House. The road turns left just past the trap machines (little concrete block bunkers). From the trap area to the roofed rifle range you park on the grass on your left, you might see cars there already. You can park behind the covered firring area if you get there early. If you follow the dirt road around past the rifle ranges you will come to a NO PARKING BEYOND THIS POINT sign. Don't drive past it. Walk down the dirt road, alongside the open pistol range and you will see the gates that lead to the back pits.
    The back pits are not on the map, but they are beyond the berm of the front pistol ranges.
    Don't forget that York is a COLD range. When you get in the back ask and someone will direct you to a Safe Table were you can handle your guns. Don't handle guns anywhere except the Safe Table.

Got it. Thanks! :thumbsup:

Jackson923

Hell Yeah!
    Jan 25, 2008
    Harford Co
    :lol2:

Nope, you got it confused with "kickass". :D

Well played young man!

That would be awesome man. I just took a class at Center Mass last weekend. It was their intro class. Trying to decide on whether I can afford handgun 1 class end of June early July (6/30-7/1). Are you taking anymore Center Mass classes this year?

I took this class back in the fall, they guys at CMCT are top notch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Marty S.

Latest threads

Top Bottom