• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • anthonyjhallen

May 16, 2011
    APG
    Sweet!!

I took 20 seconds of my first run.

I changed things up a little and it paid off. Instead of stressing about the results (placment) I paid more attention to the actual process (loading, shooting, moving.) There is alot more of a mental game that goes on here than I think most folks realize. We have no control over the performances of others, and that is what effects the results. The only thing we can control is whats happening when the buzzer goes off, then after that nothing can be done. Its worth the time if you want to be successful at this game to look into some sports psychology. Every night before I go to sleep I ask myself what I did to make make myself better. If I cant think of anything I dont go to sleep.

What say you?

kalister1

R.I.P.
    May 16, 2008
    Pasadena Maryland
    Slow is FAST.
    On our last stage Kirk(The RO) told me to go 1 for 1. I know the gun can do it, but I pull the trigger faster than I can get on target. So I slowed down and hit each target, it was by far my fastest time of the day. For me at least, don't be in so much of a hurry, shoot when the gun is on target, not before.
    It's amazing what that little front sight does for you if you let it.

Numidian

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jul 25, 2007
    Shrewsbury, PA
    Sweet!!

I took 20 seconds of my first run.

I changed things up a little and it paid off. Instead of stressing about the results (placment) I paid more attention to the actual process (loading, shooting, moving.) There is alot more of a mental game that goes on here than I think most folks realize. We have no control over the performances of others, and that is what effects the results. The only thing we can control is whats happening when the buzzer goes off, then after that nothing can be done. Its worth the time if you want to be successful at this game to look into some sports psychology. Every night before I go to sleep I ask myself what I did to make make myself better. If I cant think of anything I dont go to sleep.

What say you?

I'm surprised you ever manage to fall asleep if you think about all the things you could be doing better :lol::lol:

Oh and BTW, Anthony and George, I beat both of yall LOL. (I'm not counting your second run Anthony LOL)

The biggest thing I learned is that I need to practice practice practice with my shotgun and figure out why it keeps ****ing me on ghost loads...

Jackson923

Hell Yeah!
    Jan 25, 2008
    Harford Co
    Oh and BTW, Anthony and George, I beat both of yall LOL. (I'm not counting your second run Anthony LOL)

Way to lay the smack down... guess it's on for the next one! Anthony cheated on the last stage he never went to his pistol, told ya cheaters never win. J/K Ant. Hopefully I'm there in June, I have to play it by ear since my wife is having surgery that Monday. Challenge is on my friend! I win you gotta get rid of the Hoff.

Numidian

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jul 25, 2007
    Shrewsbury, PA
    Way to lay the smack down... guess it's on for the next one! Anthony cheated on the last stage he never went to his pistol, told ya cheaters never win. J/K Ant. Hopefully I'm there in June, I have to play it by ear since my wife is having surgery that Monday. Challenge is on my friend! I win you gotta get rid of the Hoff.

I win, you run the Hoff as well for a week :lol2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    nexgen98

Latest threads

Top Bottom