You Know You Live In A Bad Neighborhood When......

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rdc

Ultimate Member
    Dec 3, 2010
    Middlefingurton
    A local offers to "watch" your car for you till you come back.

Actually one time my truck broke down in a crap neighborhood near mine. Two old guys that were hanging out on their steps helped me try to fix it. When we couldn't they promised me no one would mess with it. For the next week no one did. They helped me again later when I got parts so I bought them beer.

But yes the guy just offering to "watch your car" = no good.

snavematt

say what?
    May 19, 2009
    Stafford, VA as of 5/7/13
    Actually one time my truck broke down in a crap neighborhood near mine. Two old guys that were hanging out on their steps helped me try to fix it. When we couldn't they promised me no one would mess with it. For the next week no one did. They helped me again later when I got parts so I bought them beer.

But yes the guy just offering to "watch your car" = no good.

When I used to party downtown, the homeless guy who worked fells point would offer to watch my car, he always got$10-20 for me, my car was never messed with (soft top jeep)

MaxVO2

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    You find evidence that someone has been in your fenced in back yard at your bedroom window while you were sleeping, more than once in a week.

True story.

****You're walking out of the neighborhood hospital and someone offers to sell you your own stolen kidney back.... (Yes, a piss poor not true story but think about how bad a neighborhood that would have to be! )

As for you, J-Dog, mebbe consider moving??

J-Dog

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2012
    Actually I have moved.
    Twice. :(

Obviously I've not moved far enough. Or we just have amazingly bad luck when it come to our proximity to riffraff.

Honestly though, the place I'm in now is mostly ok, but trouble finds its way in from nearby areas, and until recently, the house next door was a rental which brought with it it's own set of trouble courtesy of shady tennents. Stuff still happens around here, but nobody reports on it or talks about it much. Found out a couple weeks ago that the house about 100 yards away got broke into. But at this point, that kind of thing just doesn't surprise me anymore. We are however, a lot more security consious than we used to be.

Due to the terms of our mortgage, we will be here for at least a few more years. Next time I move though, it will be out of Maryland.

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    Due to the terms of our mortgage, we will be here for at least a few more years. Next time I move though, it will be out of Maryland.

I am no proponent of Maryland to say the least. But what you post is not a representation of most of Maryland.

You seem to have pick some awful places to live and put your family in....that's on you from the sounds of it not Maryland.

J-Dog

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2012
    I am no proponent of Maryland to say the least. But what you post is not a representation of most of Maryland.

You seem to have pick some awful places to live and put your family in....that's on you from the sounds of it not Maryland.

Nope, it's not all of Maryland. But I'd like to leave for a number of other reasons.

In all seriousness though, the area we are in right now isn't all that bad. I mean, it's not like I can see drug deals going down every morning when I walk out to get the paper. Though, I have seen that. In fact that's one of the few times the cops did show up quickly.

All this is over the course of the past 4 years or so. It's not like it all happened this week.

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    Nope, it's not all of Maryland. But I'd like to leave for a number of other reasons.

In all seriousness though, the area we are in right now isn't all that bad. I mean, it's not like I can see drug deals going down every morning when I walk out to get the paper. Though, I have seen that. In fact that's one of the few times the cops did show up quickly.

All this is over the course of the past 4 years or so. It's not like it all happened this week.

Then why try to make it sound like a war zone?

If I had two or three of those things happen in my neighborhood I'd be taking myself and my family out of the area.

J-Dog

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2012
    I'm just saying stuff that happened. Not trying to make it sound like anything.

GHETTO BLASTER

May 27, 2013
    When a guy comes down the alley at 3pm and nonchalantly tells a woman walking with a stroller and two kids that two guys just climbed in her window and said they live there. The woman and children don't call the police they walk slightly faster towards the house yelling obscenities all with her face buried in her cell phone paying no attention to the kids.

GHETTO BLASTER

May 27, 2013
    When you can only get pizza delivered from one place and they call you to come out to the car and hand your pizza through the window. And they use the buddy system. Everywhere else says we don't deliver there after 7.

240 towles

master of puppets
    Mar 31, 2009
    ?
    I lived in the hood in killeen, tx for awhile. West ave C right off Rancier. First day, a crack head offered to unload my whole truck for $1.87. The price of a forty at the korean grocer on the corner. I gave him $2

Same crackhead returned, calling himself the "Maintenance man"
    offered basic cable for 20.00, gas for 10.00, water for 10.00, and electric for 50.00. one time fee. He even had a fake meter to install that he could turn the dial on.

All my neighbors sold drugs.

People would randomly knock on my door at 5:30 AM, 2:00AM, etc and ask for a smoke.

Women would walk the street selling six packs at 2.00 mark ups.

My local barbershop told me they don't cut "White people hair", the koreans did though, even gave a massage with the haircut.

I had homeless people living under my carport that I had to evict.

I paid 275 a month for a two bedroom house

I once came outside and saw two men fist fighting outside the apartments behind my house, one of them was stark naked.

A man tried to go to a local party two houses down, he was not welcome. They shot him in the stomach. When he tried to drive away, they shot him in the head and he crashed. I sat in my window with an IBA and a WASR-10 with 75 rnd drum. It took the police 30 minutes to arrive. The station was two blocks away. They could have heard the shots in roll call. And when they arrived, they rolled in 30+ deep.

I left a pack of kools on my truck hood for twenty minutes, came out and a crack head had smoked half of them.

I would sometimes come home during the previews at the movie theater to ensure that my house had not been broken into.

I plywooded all my windows on the inside.

People I did not know would ask for rides.

The buddy system had to be used to use the laundrymat after dark.

The comic store had bars on it's windows

Ahh the hood, good times.

eventhorizon

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 12, 2011
    Arnold
    ...or you visit the emergency room at the local hospital and an employee has to swipe a card behind security glass just for you to be able to enter the facility (i.e., Bon Secours)

...then you exit the hospital and your vehicle is on cinder blocks.

shootin the breeze

Missed it by that much
    Dec 22, 2012
    Highland
    I lived in the hood in killeen, tx for awhile. West ave C right off Rancier. First day, a crack head offered to unload my whole truck for $1.87. The price of a forty at the korean grocer on the corner. I gave him $2

Same crackhead returned, calling himself the "Maintenance man"
    offered basic cable for 20.00, gas for 10.00, water for 10.00, and electric for 50.00. one time fee. He even had a fake meter to install that he could turn the dial on.

All my neighbors sold drugs.

People would randomly knock on my door at 5:30 AM, 2:00AM, etc and ask for a smoke.

Women would walk the street selling six packs at 2.00 mark ups.

My local barbershop told me they don't cut "White people hair", the koreans did though, even gave a massage with the haircut.

I had homeless people living under my carport that I had to evict.

I paid 275 a month for a two bedroom house

I once came outside and saw two men fist fighting outside the apartments behind my house, one of them was stark naked.

A man tried to go to a local party two houses down, he was not welcome. They shot him in the stomach. When he tried to drive away, they shot him in the head and he crashed. I sat in my window with an IBA and a WASR-10 with 75 rnd drum. It took the police 30 minutes to arrive. The station was two blocks away. They could have heard the shots in roll call. And when they arrived, they rolled in 30+ deep.

I left a pack of kools on my truck hood for twenty minutes, came out and a crack head had smoked half of them.

I would sometimes come home during the previews at the movie theater to ensure that my house had not been broken into.

I plywooded all my windows on the inside.

People I did not know would ask for rides.

The buddy system had to be used to use the laundrymat after dark.

The comic store had bars on it's windows

Ahh the hood, good times.

And that's why I lived in Georgetown and sucked up the commute when I was stationed at Hood.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom