• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Your choice for a 45acp concealed carry weapon?

• SW M&P Shield

Votes: 12 13.6%
    • Springfield XDs (probably 4")

Votes: 23 26.1%
    • Glock 36

Votes: 21 23.9%
    • other, please elaborate

Votes: 33 37.5%

• Total voters

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    I live in a state where I can carry everyday. I used to carry a full sized 10mm 1911, a 4" GP-100, a CZ-75B, and a 3" SP-101. I got tired of saggy pants syndrome. I now pocket carry a single-stack 9mm. If I were to carry a 45 ACP, it would be a 1911 Officers Model again. That wasn't too bad weight wise, and I was accurate with it.

Indiana Jones

Wolverine
    Mar 18, 2011
    CCN
    I live in a state where I can carry everyday. I used to carry a full sized 10mm 1911, a 4" GP-100, a CZ-75B, and a 3" SP-101. I got tired of saggy pants syndrome. I now pocket carry a single-stack 9mm. If I were to carry a 45 ACP, it would be a 1911 Officers Model again. That wasn't too bad weight wise, and I was accurate with it.

Were you using thick, good quality leather belts? My main gripe with the 1911 is the hammer can chafe a little on my gut unless I wear an underarmor.

python

Apr 15, 2010
    Kahr PM45. Great for pocket carry. Lightweight, reliable, accurate and nice quality.

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Were you using thick, good quality leather belts? My main gripe with the 1911 is the hammer can chafe a little on my gut unless I wear an underarmor.

I only have holster capable belts :D Between my gut and my butt I have to either cinch the hell out of the belt and cut off circulation when I sit or loosen it up and have the sags going. It's not as bad as the aches in my shoulder when I used to carry the 1991 or the 1076 in a shoulder holster all day, but breathing is high on my list of things to do when I'm out and about.

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    XDS 3.3" .45 ACP w/standard mag and a pearce grip extension. Done.

highli99

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2015
    West Side
    I have carried a glock 36 for a couple of years. I like it but have not carried or shot the XDor a 1911. I own sigs but they are a little heavy for my preference when IWB carrying.

I switch off between an Alien Gear cloak tuck and a Galco Ultimate 2nd Amendment IWB holsters. Both are comfortable but the Alien Gear is more comfortable for all day carry.

I bought a Glock 19 about a year ago, expecting to switch to 9mm, but surprisingly I have tended to stay with my trusty glock 36 in .45acp.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    I have carried a glock 36 for a couple of years. I like it but have not carried or shot the XDor a 1911. I own sigs but they are a little heavy for my preference when IWB carrying.

I switch off between an Alien Gear cloak tuck and a Galco Ultimate 2nd Amendment IWB holsters. Both are comfortable but the Alien Gear is more comfortable for all day carry.

I bought a Glock 19 about a year ago, expecting to switch to 9mm, but surprisingly I have tended to stay with my trusty glock 36 in .45acp.

Define a "couple of years". Do you mean carrying on an almost daily basis here in Maryland or a few times the past "coupla" years outside Maryland with other permits? Any holster is "comfortable" for a couple days to a new carrier.

highli99

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2015
    West Side
    I would wager I have about 500 to 700 hours of Glock 36 carry going back to 2012. I do not carry inside my home or place or work.

I'm not too ashamed to admit I often grab my LCP because it's so light and small, so it eats up more than 1/2 of my carry.

I have MD, UT, and PA permits. Most of my carry is in DE and MD.

GUNSnROTORS

nude member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 7, 2013
    hic sunt dracones
    Kahr PM45. Great for pocket carry. Lightweight, reliable, accurate and nice quality.

Same here, pocket or IWB - but only away from MD ... so rarely.

Also tried a G36 for a while. PM45 wins in trigger, sex appeal, and cc categories.

Occasionally still carry an old Series 1 Kimber compact stainless during fall winter, but usually under a coat and very rarely IWB.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    I would wager I have about 500 to 700 hours of Glock 36 carry going back to 2012. I do not carry inside my home or place or work.

I'm not too ashamed to admit I often grab my LCP because it's so light and small, so it eats up more than 1/2 of my carry.

I have MD, UT, and PA permits. Most of my carry is in DE and MD.

I wish I had liked my LCP. I wish it were more reliable actually. The thing barely cycled ammo. I probably just had a Friday afternoon or Monday morning one.

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    I wish I had liked my LCP. I wish it were more reliable actually. The thing barely cycled ammo. I probably just had a Friday afternoon or Monday morning one.

Bought one of the first in PA, cycled OK, tried to like it, carried it a couple times, only fired a couple boxes of ammo through it. Sent it back for the recall, sold it soon as I got it back. Bought a Kahr PM9 that cost nearly 3X as much, and turns out is 3X better while being marginally larger, still pocket carry that on occasion.

browning guy

SCRUFFY NERF HERDER
    Dec 10, 2009
    Essex
    My normal carry gun is a full size Colt delta elite. I do like a Colt officer for a smaller choice.
    Carry what you are confident with if you shoot and train with a 1911 carry a 1911 if not carry what you are good with.

browning guy

SCRUFFY NERF HERDER
    Dec 10, 2009
    Essex

My biggest complaint with a 1911 is when I sit in the tiny ass seats at the movies and the beaver tail or hammer pokes me in my fat!

WSM

Rugeritis
    Oct 8, 2009
    Lancaster, PA
    I traded my beloved kahr pm9 but I wouldn't hesitate to pick one up in 45. I rarely carry on my body these days. It's a royal PITA depending on which position I'm carrying. It often ended up in a pants or jacket pocket. Backpack carry all the way these days and I'm much happier for it.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom