Anyone know about the next Bel Air show?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • screamingeagle

Mar 7, 2010
    buyer beware if buying C&R ,saw a Winchester Garand that looked great, nice wood used but not abused asked the fellow if it had the original barrel .Sure yes all original not touched since the war. Pulled the bolt back and guess what.Springfield Armory barrel 1960

TapRackBang

Cheaper Than Diamonds
    Jan 14, 2012
    Bel Air
    Decided to stop buy this evening. Lots of guns, no jerky. :)
    Very high ratio of guns to not-guns. Positively packed full of people.
    I don't have a lot of experience but the prices didn't seem like anything special.

I'm shopping for an SKS and found two. One unidentified that looked like the furniture had been redone and not well for $580. Another Norinco that seemed in good shape with matching numbers for $399. I don't know enough about them yet to really properly inspect it and tell if it's as-advertised or a sham like screamingeagle found. Probably just get one of those Yugo M59/66a1's online for about the same.

Oh, and got a nice surprise when I got home: Package of new Wolff springs for my Colt 1908 in my mailbox. :)

Sep 16, 2009
    I was there at 5:00 PM for the grand opening. The show has about 100 tables total. Just Guns, Bel Air Pawn and J&K Pawn have the biggest displays. Free State Range has a table to promote the range, nice folks. Deb from Estate Brokers in Havre de Grace is there with some nice items. Jacks Gun Works is there and so is Dave Stancill. A few knife dealers. An older gentleman with duck decoys. No jerky to be found. A nice little show in the beautiful historic Bel Air Armory. Go check it out. $5.00 Admission fee. Proceeds help the Isaak Walton League Harford Chapter, a conservation group and a good cause. There was a good crowd tonight but it was not crazy crowded. I bought an XD Gear flashlight mount ( Made in Israel - not China) and an older used Surefire 6P LED for a total of $10 bucks. Now I have to figure out how to mount it on my 870. By the way, did not see anyone with Maryland Shooters swag!

Attachments

• surea.jpg
      surea.jpg
      83.8 KB · Views: 227

Sep 16, 2009
    Folks are buying guns! I noticed a lot of people doing the paperwork on handguns this evening. Maybe they are thinking that Obama will get re-elected and they better buy them while they still can!

FFMike

Ultimate Member
    Feb 4, 2010
    Howard County
    I am loking for a leather holster for a 686 2.5 inch barreled revolver. Anyone see leather holsters there for concealed carry?
    IWB or OWB does not matter.

cyclrcr

Pronounced as cycleracer
    Oct 24, 2008
    Joppa
    Was there with the family.... it was a typical Bel Air show. I was a little disappointed, but then again I was looking for some specific items. If I was open for more options, I wouldn't have been disappointed.

1774, I didn't see you there but my wife said she saw you up by the food area. She remembered you from the 2nd Amendment March. I would've said hello but she told me when we were in the truck leaving.

ThePhantomPatriot

Politically Incorrect
    I went today right when it opened and no one was in line. Then about 15 mins later the place was packed. Wasn't too impressed overall. Some of the dealers were really high in price, especially compared the the PA shows, specifically on AK's and SKS's. The damascus knives were pretty neat though.

terryhimself

Oct 19, 2008
    Bel Air
    I think they need to find a larger hall. My sons and I got there about 10 A.M. and could not move. We squeezed around for about an hour. We could not get near a lot of the tables and finally gave up and left after an hour. Maybe they could get into the Harford County Equestrian Center and spread out a little bit.

Tankfixr

Ultimate Member
    Feb 25, 2009
    Harford County
    I think they need to find a larger hall. My sons and I got there about 10 A.M. and could not move. We squeezed around for about an hour. We could not get near a lot of the tables and finally gave up and left after an hour. Maybe they could get into the Harford County Equestrian Center and spread out a little bit.

+1 on the above. Got there around 1030. It was sardine packed. Made one loop around the first set of tables and headed for the door when I could finally see daylight. The show has definitely outgrown the location.

mrfreeze

Shooter
    Oct 17, 2010
    Crofton
    What a waste, Over price guns that can be found else where for cheaper, super over crowding and when asked about pricing on a dpms upper that they were asking $1000 for I laughed and said you are joking right?

C-Par

Nov 6, 2011
    Brooklyn, MD
    I stopped by just for something to do. I figured browse around.
    Yes the prices did seem a bit steep but seems like all MD and VA shows are pricey.

Lately I've been thinking of a Mosin they were $140 there. I spoke with somebody who got one and he was aware he was paying a bit more but he had it in hand.

I want a Saiga 12 but too pricey there.

And it was packed I felt like a Salmon in a stream.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom