• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    MSP/the police do not have any records on non-regulated firearms, and never have.

Someone who knew you has a .22 rifle must have pointed them your way.

In 1980 I purchased a 22 rifle ftf from a friend who had purchase it at a no refunded gunstore in white plains who purchased it as old stock from a defining gun store in la plata. Five years later the msp are bangi g in both my front and back doors at the same time at 2 am looking for said rifle. I had said rifle at an out of state location in my goodies box along with most of my stuff cause I don't trust Maryland. I told them so. They asked for consent , it was not given. They then asked was I lying and had I sold it I told them no. They gave me 24 hours to have the rifle at the old Waldorf barracks, which I did. I asked for some sort of paperwork but I was told since I bought it ftf without paperwork they had no intentions of providing me any. And they did not. I was out my money and my gun.

So how did they know I had that rifle? I know the guy I got it from rolled over and ratted but how did they figure out he had it and how did it get thru two gunstores without it being stolen turning up?

Like I said I don't trust Maryland.

chipd

May 20, 2017
    An HQL gives the government no more information than you need to divulge to buy a handgun in any other state in America. You guys must be scared to buy handguns anywhere. Looks like the dems got you beat.

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    An HQL gives the government no more information than you need to divulge to buy a handgun in any other state in America. You guys must be scared to buy handguns anywhere. Looks like the dems got you beat.

How would a md resident legally purchase a handgun anywhere else without it going thru a md ffl?

People are holding out due to the hql for other reasons.

Bigfoot21075

Ultimate Member
    Nov 3, 2008
    Elkridge, MD
    Until a requirement to register every firearm comes about this is all pretty much tin foil hat stuff. MSP does not want your guns, they certainly do not have fantasies of grouping up as packs of Jack Booted Thugs and kicking in doors. Troopers are good guys doing a damn hard job. It is thankless and VERY difficult - especially these days.

They operate within the law. THAT is what we want them to do, we do not want them going all rogue in either direction, we want them to enforce the law. That is why we have groups like NRA and MSI among others to make the laws more favorable for issues we care about and to make sure the power of law we do have behind us benefits us.

MSP is NOT plotting in some secret room at 1201 on how to confiscate firearms from honest citizens. It has NO desire to deny a citizen their rights. It is a very political organization, if you want to change the focus or the way MSP accomplishes it tasks, you better get out and vote. WE better get out and vote. If we can unseat the liberals we will only see minor victories here and there.

Just My 2 Cents from a guy who had a view from the inside out.....

Rab1515

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 29, 2014
    Calvert
    Until a requirement to register every firearm comes about this is all pretty much tin foil hat stuff. MSP does not want your guns, they certainly do not have fantasies of grouping up as packs of Jack Booted Thugs and kicking in doors. Troopers are good guys doing a damn hard job. It is thankless and VERY difficult - especially these days.

They operate within the law. THAT is what we want them to do, we do not want them going all rogue in either direction, we want them to enforce the law. That is why we have groups like NRA and MSI among others to make the laws more favorable for issues we care about and to make sure the power of law we do have behind us benefits us.

MSP is NOT plotting in some secret room at 1201 on how to confiscate firearms from honest citizens. It has NO desire to deny a citizen their rights. It is a very political organization, if you want to change the focus or the way MSP accomplishes it tasks, you better get out and vote. WE better get out and vote. If we can unseat the liberals we will only see minor victories here and there.

Just My 2 Cents from a guy who had a view from the inside out.....

Have you ever attended a hprb meeting? Or listened to one?

Bigfoot21075

Ultimate Member
    Nov 3, 2008
    Elkridge, MD
    Have you ever attended a hprb meeting? Or listened to one?

No I have not - I have read the threads (and stayed at a Holiday Inn Express) :D

I do get from other members that "MSP's rogue issuing Licensing Division makes up the rules on the spot," but that is for issuing permits correct? My point is just that confiscation is not on their radar. It may be on some in our gov but it is not a goal of MSP IMHO.

Rab1515

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 29, 2014
    Calvert
    No I have not - I have read the threads (and stayed at a Holiday Inn Express) :D

I do get from other members that "MSP's rogue issuing Licensing Division makes up the rules on the spot," but that is for issuing permits correct? My point is just that confiscation is not on their radar. It may be on some in our gov but it is not a goal of MSP IMHO.

Probably true about MSP as a whole, but in terms of LD, or specifically the firearm section of LD, I could think nothing else they would like better.

Bigfoot21075

Ultimate Member
    Nov 3, 2008
    Elkridge, MD
    Probably true about MSP as a whole, but in terms of LD, or specifically the firearm section of LD, I could think nothing else they would like better.

If actions do indeed speak louder than words I have to agree with you. I have the feeling I will get to experience the whole review board thing for myself down the road.

you would think we could force them to provide a definition of "Good and Substantial". I would think that would have already been a standing for a lawsuit correct?

fred55

Senior
    Aug 24, 2016
    Spotsylvania Co. VA
    Here's a thought to the conturary. The previous qualification was the web number BS. Someone had to design the website and the software, someone had to perform upkeep on the site. It was all free of charge. The HQL is not. I truthfully believe that if there was not money to be made they would not have asked for it. It is going somewhere. Add to that the sheer number of HQL licenses acquired since 2013.... that's a lot of money..... I guarantee you the state of Maryland did not instruct the MSP to keep all application fees from the HQL from 2013 to eternity.

They are probably using those fees for anti-gun propaganda. Only half joking. Fred

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    If actions do indeed speak louder than words I have to agree with you. I have the feeling I will get to experience the whole review board thing for myself down the road.

you would think we could force them to provide a definition of "Good and Substantial". I would think that would have already been a standing for a lawsuit correct?

:lol2: :lol: :rofl:

Not in my lifetime. Maybe SCOTUS could, down the road.

HankR

Ultimate Member
    Jan 22, 2013
    Upper Midwest

Demonstrably incorrect, to the point of trolling.

I do not need to divulge any information to the gubmint to legally buy a handgun in my state, nor do residents of most other states in Free America (to buy a handgun in their state).

To buy a gun from an FFL, I do need to provide my ID and fill out a form. I do not need to undergo (or pay a fee for) "training". I do not need to (pay a fee for and) submit fingerprints. In short, my state assumes me to be a non-criminal adult unless and until I give them a reason to doubt that assumption.

GuitarmanNick

Ultimate Member
    Jan 9, 2017
    Laurel
    After all of the added fees and requirements, I decided to just build my next pistol.

Tomorrow, I will be milling my new Polymer80. Building a G17 will give me something to do and at least give me the illusion that I am free! If it works out okay, a 1911 build may be in my future.

chipd

May 20, 2017
    Trolling is saying that 130 bucks in fees over 10 years is too much money to pay. That's less than the ammo I shot off last time I had a few hours to spare. You can still do private sales, but that's the only way you can buy a handgun in any state without dealing with brady bill nonsense and a form 4473. So, you're creating your own dystopia in your mind. If you have seen how stupid people are in MD, you wouldn't care that someone so young and inexperienced that they don't even own a handgun in 2013 would have to have one afternoon of training. I still see people do dumb things like pick up unloaded guns, and then proceed to load them before they start playing with them carelessly in MD. When you're surrounded by libtards, there's always a price to pay.

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    Trolling is saying that 130 bucks in fees over 10 years is too much money to pay. That's less than the ammo I shot off last time I had a few hours to spare. You can still do private sales, but that's the only way you can buy a handgun in any state without dealing with brady bill nonsense and a form 4473. So, you're creating your own dystopia in your mind. If you have seen how stupid people are in MD, you wouldn't care that someone so young and inexperienced that they don't even own a handgun in 2013 would have to have one afternoon of training. I still see people do dumb things like pick up unloaded guns, and then proceed to load them before they start playing with them carelessly in MD. When you're surrounded by libtards, there's always a price to pay.

You sound just like one of those libtard assholes.

Brian Frosh, is that you?

HankR

Ultimate Member
    Jan 22, 2013
    Upper Midwest

Yep. My civil rights don't require your approval, or your licensing fees, fingerprints, indoctrination, or "training". Your statement was wrong on many levels and it's difficult to believe that you were unaware of that when making the statement.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom