• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PapiBarcelona

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    I'm not a lawyer, not going to answer "What if" scenarios. We could make a million discussions based on news articles and "what if" scenarios.

Get training in anything you need to improve on, live your life and figure it out yourself. Probably not what the OP wants to hear, but I have lots of other things to worry about than a bikers following my big, long, heavy, wide and loud Diesel Pickup truck in Harford County. LOL

wtwcs

MDS Supporter
    Sep 6, 2013
    Montgomery County
    I'm not a lawyer, not going to answer "What if" scenarios. We could make a million discussions based on news articles and "what if" scenarios.

Get training in anything you need to improve on, live your life and figure it out yourself. Probably not what the OP wants to hear, but I have lots of other things to worry about than a bikers following my big, long, heavy, wide and loud Diesel Pickup truck in Harford County. LOL

:lol::lol2:

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    Keep training on the video games what ifs, stop thinking like a BGS victim, and do what you need to do to protect yourself with whatever is available at the time. If you are dead, your hypo, or your concerns about relying on a legally transported firearm won't matter, ...:innocent0

lsw

לא לדרוך עליי
    Sep 2, 2013
    I would like to hear a description of a scenario where an attacker had already demonstrated enough violent behavior to justify use of deadly force, you had no way to flee the scene or get away from him, yet are able to retrieve the gun from the trunk or locked case and load it.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    I would like to hear a description of a scenario where an attacker had already demonstrated enough violent behavior to justify use of deadly force, you had no way to flee the scene or get away from him, yet are able to retrieve the gun from the trunk or locked case and load it.

f13d532894f8576a8e36057d2db20b46_zps631d5adf.jpg

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    I asked this question within another topic about transporting handgun, I did not get any response. So I am creating a new post here.

I don't have CCW. If I legally transport my handgun from range to home (in MD), someone stops me on the road and my life is threatened, am I allowed to use the handgun to protect myself? I mean no trouble on the court after I survive.

The question I have is how are you transporting it? There are certain rules to transporting a gun in MD, last I checked it couldn't be loaded and with in reach.

marte616

God bless America...
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 15, 2008
    Occupied Territory

Here:

http://nypost.com/2013/09/30/bikers-attack-suv-after-driver-rams-riders/

http://7online.com/traffic/nj-road-...nshots-ends-with-police-chase-arrests/380260/

http://articles.baltimoresun.com/20...40113_1_fatal-shooting-road-rage-chase-victim

http://www.khou.com/story/news/crim...nds-in-fiery-crash-in-north-houston/14059571/

...and on and on...

MikeTF

Ultimate Member
    Thanks! It is true this might rarely happen, but it still may happen. Just like the other member mentioned yesterday, his wife was followed on the way back home, and there was time that she waited at red light. If she was in the middle of the line, she couldn't drive away. I was also inspired by that situation to raise the question.
    I lived in Montgomery County for a very long time. I used to keep a Kimber Pepper Blaster II in the center console of every car. It is not a firearm, but it is better than nothing.

rambling_one

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Bowie, MD
    I asked this question within another topic about transporting handgun, I did not get any response. So I am creating a new post here.

I don't have CCW. If I legally transport my handgun from range to home (in MD), someone stops me on the road and my life is threatened, am I allowed to use the handgun to protect myself? I mean no trouble on the court after I survive.

Drive away if you can. Whether your car becomes a weapon or not depends on the situation. IANAL

15carbine15

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 5, 2014
    Prince George's County
    Your suppose to just die here in Maryland. It gives the police and homicide and etc a chance to get some over time on your dead bodies behalf. It also gives the funeral home some buisness so it's good for the economy if you die.

But no really to avoid all that above just shoot the thug.

daggo66

Ultimate Member
    Mar 31, 2013
    Glen Burnie
    Your suppose to just die here in Maryland. It gives the police and homicide and etc a chance to get some over time on your dead bodies behalf. It also gives the funeral home some buisness so it's good for the economy if you die.

But no really to avoid all that above just shoot the thug.

The good news is that once you are killed, you can prove a real and perceived threat which would stand as a "good and substantial reason" and you would be able to get a carry permit!

Bald Fat Guy

Oct 7, 2014
    I'm going to try really hard to not reignite the debates / endless discussions about Transporting a HANDGUN in Md. But suffice it to say that anytime you are transporting your HANDGUN under Maryland protocols for method and destination , the odds of stumbling into a situation that would require justifiable shooting , yet give you the time and opportunity to avail yourself of , and make ready your HANDGUN , are akin to being struck by lightening.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    The question I have is how are you transporting it? There are certain rules to transporting a gun in MD, last I checked it couldn't be loaded and with in reach.

Nothing in COMAR or the statute about the firearm having to be out of reach.

Last edited:

MikeTF

Ultimate Member
    I'm going to try really hard to not reignite the debates / endless discussions about Transporting a HANDGUN in Md. But suffice it to say that anytime you are transporting your HANDGUN under Maryland protocols for method and destination , the odds of stumbling into a situation that would require justifiable shooting , yet give you the time and opportunity to avail yourself of , and make ready your HANDGUN , are akin to being struck by lightening.
    As are the odds that the police will legally stop a driver and legally search that driver (and car) and discover that they are carrying a concealed handgun.

mac1_131

MSI Executive Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 31, 2009
    Lotsa good posts here

1. You likely have a duty to retreat

2. Once you load up, you are now carrying without a permit and will likely be charged as such

3. Once you discharge, you will likely be charged for that too (you're on a road, right?)

If your life is truly on the line maybe all that is worth it.

Way too many ifs here. It's probably a loosing proposition.

IANAL

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom