College Park
    Iight fully assembled
    6091fe3092e990d525509307054d13fb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archeryrob

Undecided on a great many things
    Mar 7, 2013
    Washington Co. - Fairplay
    Nice work. Referencing back to where you said Sunday you were bored. You're going to build your 350, 450 you spoke of and a few other uppers. Then you are going to buy one of these and find time to fill those idle hands making more food for your toys. :D Then you will never be bored again!!

Partner_87460_SideProfile_woutBase.jpg

akalma

MDS Supporter
    Nov 24, 2008
    МоКо
    Looks great!
    I have a question. If you use less then 16" barrel are you going to build it as a pistol or will seek to purchase the SBR stamp? I didn't follow the recent changes with ATF regarding the braces and now considering my new build using the 12.5" barrel in 6.8SPC II caliber.

Rondeezy

Aug 25, 2022
    College Park
    Looks great!
    I have a question. If you use less then 16" barrel are you going to build it as a pistol or will seek to purchase the SBR stamp? I didn't follow the recent changes with ATF regarding the braces and now considering my new build using the 12.5" barrel in 6.8SPC II caliber.

Thank you. Right now if your a member of 2nd amendment foundation (SAF) a brace is allowed to still be mounted to a pistol. I want to keep it a pistol and not an Sbr because then I’d have issues traveling with it to other ranges out of state. I would need permission I guess from that state. So I would like to find the SB TACTICSL pdw brace but they are like unicorns from my searching.

Rondeezy

Aug 25, 2022
    College Park
    Nice work. Referencing back to where you said Sunday you were bored. You're going to build your 350, 450 you spoke of and a few other uppers. Then you are going to buy one of these and find time to fill those idle hands making more food for your toys. :D Then you will never be bored again!!

Partner_87460_SideProfile_woutBase.jpg

Mannnn I just got comfortable building an ar lol. I don’t know if I’m ready for that level yet.

4g64loser

Bad influence
    Jan 18, 2007
    maryland
    Mannnn I just got comfortable building an ar lol. I don’t know if I’m ready for that level yet.

Archeryrob is right (and a good guy, too). If you have exotic calibers you are going to end up reloading. It definitely fills up any idle time you have. For me, it is about performance optimization in my rifles and volume production of harder to find/more expensive pistol loads (subsonic 9mm, for instance).

Naptown52

Dec 16, 2013
    Im insanely jealous of people who have a dedicated workspace for things like this. I had to build out my lower sitting on the floor of my living room with my right hand while changing my daughters diaper with my left hand. SMH

4g64loser

Bad influence
    Jan 18, 2007
    maryland
    Im insanely jealous of people who have a dedicated workspace for things like this. I had to build out my lower sitting on the floor of my living room with my right hand while changing my daughters diaper with my left hand. SMH
    I swap barrels in my precision rifles, build ars, customize pistols, etc in my living room. No diapers, though. No kids.

Rondeezy

Aug 25, 2022
    College Park

I definitely didn’t have a space. I mounted my vise on my computer desk that I used for streaming, and and also went back and forth between the desk and a picnic table outside after I realized a computer desk isn’t the strongest place for a vise
    44bf3d98510e59e7e7c4b6797f26715a.jpg

Rondeezy

Aug 25, 2022
    College Park

akalma

MDS Supporter
    Nov 24, 2008
    МоКо
    Thank you. Right now if your a member of 2nd amendment foundation (SAF) a brace is allowed to still be mounted to a pistol. I want to keep it a pistol and not an Sbr because then I’d have issues traveling with it to other ranges out of state. I would need permission I guess from that state. So I would like to find the SB TACTICSL pdw brace but they are like unicorns from my searching.
    Thanks, it is a valuable info!

4g64loser

Bad influence
    Jan 18, 2007
    maryland
    Right just get one of these https://www.harborfreight.com/hand-...vils/6-in-portable-carpenters-vise-59112.html they are light weight and easy to move around. I suggest using better wood than a computer like I did when using the vise. Something thicker and has less chance of crumbling lol.

I use a Bench Source barrel vise as I am mostly working on bolt guns. Two of the benchrest guys who schooled me on rifle work use them and for years it has been great.

For other stuff, I have a clamping fixture that allows me to rotate and lock in different positions.

Because I am a bachelor, I can have furniture that is more work surface than decorator show home. The top of one table is 3/4" Advantech.

Rondeezy

Aug 25, 2022
    College Park
    I use a Bench Source barrel vise as I am mostly working on bolt guns. Two of the benchrest guys who schooled me on rifle work use them and for years it has been great.

For other stuff, I have a clamping fixture that allows me to rotate and lock in different positions.

Because I am a bachelor, I can have furniture that is more work surface than decorator show home. The top of one table is 3/4" Advantech.

Bachelor life is a blessing at times like that lol unless your girl/wife is a gun fanatic as well. That’s what I need to find and my life will be whole

Bountied

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2012
    Pasadena
    I got a question so I’m bout to torque this barrel nut but Odin works sent this vibra-tite for the nut. Would yall use this or just use aeroshell?

96ede930d79af2155ea8182999757ae2.jpg
    I think that is for the screws to secure the handguard to the nut. I use anti-seize on my barrel nuts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    illlocs33

Latest threads

Top Bottom