• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • navycraig

Ultimate Member
    Aug 3, 2009
    St. Mary's
    Maybe I'm naive, buy I don't think anyone else is doing that either. Maybe if youre high up in the fbi, nsa, or cia. But not John Q private, airman, mp, etc...
    Don't get me wrong. I'm not saying these are made up threats that don't exist. I'm just saying, when hundreds of millions of people are compromised, how do you pinpoint which ones are worse off than others?

How does that square with the 4 marines who were shot in Chattanooga?

highli99

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2015
    West Side
    :patriot:Congrats OP. Stay safe and encourage all your fellow service members to apply for permits. The more that apply for and get permits the better off all of us will be. Thanks for sharing your logic and giving insight into the process.

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    I'm happy for the OP, but I'm a bit confused on how this is all working out. I seem to recall in the OPM hack thread that the general consensus was that no one that got hacked was successfully getting approved for that reason. Yet, if someone works for the military, works on a base, and also had their information hacked, it seems to me the only difference between that person and the OP is that the OP is active duty. If the OP's carry permit is good for when he is not working on base and presumably not in uniform, how does this give him any more need for a CCW than the civilian employee?

No anger directed toward the OP at all, just trying to understand the logic here. Maybe that's where I'm going wrong...
    ISIS specifically expressed the desire to kill military members. They haven't yet expressed the desire to kill government paper pushers.

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    How does that square with the 4 marines who were shot in Chattanooga?

Or the soldiers killed by the act of "workplace violence" at Ft. Hood?

Taking the argument in that direction falls apart when you look closer to home and include the Navy Yard shootings. Most of the dead were civilians. It's not only about jihadi wannabes either. It's about any flavor of nutcase looking to mass murder and their magnetic attraction to gun-free zones.

cpc1027

Jun 25, 2010
    Sparks
    ISIS specifically expressed the desire to kill military members. They haven't yet expressed the desire to kill government paper pushers.

I'm not arguing that. I'm just saying that both people had had their information exposed, and both stand a reasonable chance of being targeted based on working on a military installation, and it seems to be that both could be at risk. Not necessarily that the risk is equal, just there.

Boom Boom

Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    It's not just military members versus govt paper pushers. This region is saturated with defense contractors filled with cleared employees doing very important work. Many of those employees work on base quite a bit. That's not even counting NSA and all the other civilians working at the fort.

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    All I can say guys is be professional all the time when communicating with MDSP and at all interviews. Give them the proper name titles and all, even if your not in the service or law enforcement, thats just me, they earned it. Have documentation to support your GSR and why this puts you more at risk than the everyday person.

I know, I know its our right but for now until the Governor Hogan takes action we will not be treated equally.

Congratulations. Carrying a gun is an awesome responsibility. Look up the true definition of awesome.

If you haven't carried CC before, I would recommend you take a course, and practice around your residence, or in public without a round in chamber a bit first. Practice, at home, draw & dry (no ammo) firing like 1000 times from different positions (standing, seated, on the carpet prone, and supine, etc. Then do this again every day another 100 times for a week, then 100 times once a month for the rest of your life.

You can and should carry on your person while driving and unless you have extensive training in the Israeli technique, always one in the chamber. Feel free to PM or email me any specific questions like public restroom, etc.

:patriot:Congrats OP. Stay safe and encourage all your fellow service members to apply for permits. The more that apply for and get permits the better off all of us will be. Thanks for sharing your logic and giving insight into the process.

Yes, this.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    It's not just military members versus govt paper pushers.

Well, pretty sure it's directed at military members. If they had a chance to shoot someone in civvies or a uniform, the one wearing the uniform would at least get it first. They couldn't care less about someone's clearance or how many secrets someone knows.

How does one tell the difference from a civilian in civvies or a service member in civvies? They want to kill uniformed service members first and foremost.

Boom Boom

Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    If they had a chance to shoot someone in civvies or a uniform, the one wearing the uniform would at least get it first. They couldn't care less about someone's clearance or how many secrets someone knows.

It's about high-profile targets to get maximum attention. Getting on base with guns isn't that easy, never mind getting on base then making their way to sizable groups of people. Getting into a high-profile defense contractor workplace by walking through the front doors shooting and working their way through the floors is simple by comparison. It would make worldwide news and send the Balt-DC corridor into chaos.

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    I'm not arguing that. I'm just saying that both people had had their information exposed, and both stand a reasonable chance of being targeted based on working on a military installation, and it seems to be that both could be at risk. Not necessarily that the risk is equal, just there.

MSP is MSP, what makes sense to you and I is nonsense to them for some reason. Sad.....

It's not just military members versus govt paper pushers. This region is saturated with defense contractors filled with cleared employees doing very important work. Many of those employees work on base quite a bit. That's not even counting NSA and all the other civilians working at the fort.

No argument from me. Tell it to MSP. My data was exposed, I don't expect MSP to care one bit.

USAFRavenR6

Apr 7, 2012
    Mur-land
    Yep. And when I left post to my apartment I was not performing duty as a TOW Gunner, although I was still in the Army. Just not playing army.
    So, if Georgia issued me a TOW missile carry permit, it would only
    be good for when I leave post, not working as a gunner, but as someone not on the clock playing soldier after 5p.m.

Do you realize how moronic you sound? I cant even believe I am replying to something as stupid as this.

You obviously have no clue what you are talking about so I will boil it down for you Mr Tow missile permit holder. When military members are off the clock at their 9-5 job, off base, are they or are they not still subjected to the UCMJ?

You are arguing for the sake of argument. Let me guess, you are one of the members on here who have a permit, just think that not everyone needs one for whatever reason you have? Am I right?

USAFRavenR6

Apr 7, 2012
    Mur-land
    Well, pretty sure it's directed at military members. If they had a chance to shoot someone in civvies or a uniform, the one wearing the uniform would at least get it first. They couldn't care less about someone's clearance or how many secrets someone knows.

How does one tell the difference from a civilian in civvies or a service member in civvies? They want to kill uniformed service members first and foremost.

How do they tell the military member? Oh I dont know, how about watching the front gate and following people home? Dress and appearance (haircuts)? In terms of what secrets they know, how about working on the post as a food vendor and taking notice to who goes into what locations of the building? Apparently you were in the military so you should know something called OPSEC. Apply it as you see fit for the situation opposed to asking others who were not in the military.

if you have nothing positive to add to the discussion, which you never do in these threads, why respond? To get your post count higher?

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Do you realize how moronic you sound? I cant even believe I am replying to something as stupid as this.

You obviously have no clue what you are talking about so I will boil it down for you Mr Tow missile permit holder. When military members are off the clock at their 9-5 job, off base, are they or are they not still subjected to the UCMJ?

You are arguing for the sake of argument. Let me guess, you are one of the members on here who have a permit, just think that not everyone needs one for whatever reason you have? Am I right?

I was explaining the difference between being IN SERVICE (performing a job) like when someone shows up for their actual duty(job) and being IN the SERVICE (military) as a career.

A member IN THE service does not NEED a permit while on base/post while IN SERVICE performing their duty because it is assumed that that installation is SAFE.
    Thusly, a granted carry permit is only valid when that service member is OFF POST or BASE. And I am pretty sure that a carry permit is not legally VALID on ANY military installation.

You need to take a chill pill and get a wee bit smidgen sense of humor. You get angry because you think everyone is 1. out to get you and 2. Permit holders don't want others to get theirs. Which BOTH are wrong.

Oh, BTW..... my permit, oops, I mean credentials, are good anywhere in the United States of America AND on Federal property as well. So there's that.

USAFRavenR6

Apr 7, 2012
    Mur-land
    I was explaining the difference between being IN SERVICE (performing a job) like when someone shows up for their actual duty(job) and being IN the SERVICE (military) as a career.

A member IN THE service does not NEED a permit while on base/post while IN SERVICE performing their duty because it is assumed that that installation is SAFE.
    Thusly, a granted carry permit is only valid when that service member is OFF POST or BASE. And I am pretty sure that a carry permit is not legally VALID on ANY military installation.

You need to take a chill pill and get a wee bit smidgen sense of humor. You get angry because you think everyone is 1. out to get you and 2. Permit holders don't want others to get theirs. Which BOTH are wrong.

Oh, BTW..... my permit, oops, I mean credentials, are good anywhere in the United States of America AND on Federal property as well. So there's that.

You mad bro?

First, I'd like to point out you chose not to answer my question: are military members not subjected to the UCMJ when not performing their jobs on base? The answer is yes, because they are in the service 24/7. Multiple other members have stated this but for some reason you continue to think differently. If you want to continue this position that's fine, but do so knowing you are wrong.

You also know very well what I was referring to is true, regardless of how many times you deny it. How do you think I knew you had your "credentials" as you presented forward like a tool (read what you posted again and tell me you don't sound like a tool in your closing line.) Multiple members have PM'd me about you from the security clearance as G&S thread I started from how you conducted yourself. They filled me in on how you feel not everyone should carry in the state, stop with the front. There are MANY people here who are not interested in anything you have to say, including me, so why not save the post count for something else so people don't have to dig through garbage to get info? You add nothing of value ever and argue just to argue, despite your position being in the wrong, which makes everyone think you are more lame than you actually are.

I'm sure you will report me once again for "offending" you and I dont care, have at it in fact.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    You mad bro?

First, I'd like to point out you chose not to answer my question: are military members not subjected to the UCMJ when not performing their jobs on base? The answer is yes, because they are in the service 24/7. Multiple other members have stated this but for some reason you continue to think differently. If you want to continue this position that's fine, but do so knowing you are wrong.

You also know very well what I was referring to is true, regardless of how many times you deny it. How do you think I knew you had your "credentials" as you presented forward like a tool (read what you posted again and tell me you don't sound like a tool in your closing line.) Multiple members have PM'd me about you from the security clearance as G&S thread I started from how you conducted yourself. They filled me in on how you feel not everyone should carry in the state, stop with the front. There are MANY people here who are not interested in anything you have to say, including me, so why not save the post count for something else so people don't have to dig through garbage to get info? You add nothing of value ever and argue just to argue, despite your position being in the wrong, which makes everyone think you are more lame than you actually are.

I'm sure you will report me once again for "offending" you and I dont care, have at it in fact.

What does being subject to the UCMJ have to be targeted by isis? LOL
    You need help. A pity placard person like you offends me not. You've got the wrong guy there drunk boy. Report you to who?

But you seem like a great guy to work for. I bet you got a ton of applicants from your jobs board post.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Taking the argument in that direction falls apart when you look closer to home and include the Navy Yard shootings. Most of the dead were civilians. It's not only about jihadi wannabes either. It's about any flavor of nutcase looking to mass murder and their magnetic attraction to gun-free zones.

I was merely agreeing with NavyCraig who was giving an example to young padewan P5 about everyday soldiers being targeted by ISIS and not just high up spooks and the like.

I totally agree that everyone associated with .mil or .gov or private sector contractors who hold TS clearances who were involved in the OPM hack has their G&S.

Applehd

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 26, 2012
    ...I totally agree that everyone associated with .mil or .gov or private sector contractors who hold TS clearances who were involved in the OPM hack has their G&S.

...and if articulated well in the application(you can't just write 'OPM hack' and expect a prize), all applicants with the OPM breach should be granted permits. Unfortunately in Maryland... it is what it is... for now... and Congrats to the OP.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davech1831

Latest threads

Top Bottom