Laws on Shooting an attacking dog in Montgomery County?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BlackBart

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 20, 2007
    Conewago, York Co. Pa.
    Pits were not originally bred to fight bulls. That was a secondary use. There use as fighting dogs was based on their use as hunting dogs. Your lack of knowledge on the matter and persistence is remarkable. Really want to call my parenting of my children into this? You are something else.

BTW, what is your personal experience with this breed?

They have a FAR greater aggressive history over most other breeds, they also do more damage. Your woeful lack of responsibility is dangerous to your kids health. YOU brought them into it, not me. :shrug:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fatal_dog_attacks_in_the_United_States#Fatalities_reported_in_2014

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co

BlackBart

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 20, 2007
    Conewago, York Co. Pa.
    Wow! Lack of responsibility. Is that a wiki link? So you have no personal experience and want to question my judgement, knowledge and parenting.

Lack of responsibly and stupidity can be interchangeable. Should something tragic happen (and I sincerely hope it doesn't) doubtful you will be posting pictures. Have at it big boy, enjoy your pets.

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    I guess you consider people who have chihuahuas better parents even though they bite more often? Stick to what you know, whatever that is and I'll raise my kids how I please.

You do know this is the same attitude many have of allowing children to grow up around firearms. Good day.

ROBAR35

Living the farm life
    May 20, 2010
    Howard Co.
    I don't know your situation or what has already transpired. Why not try to make friends with the dog or is it really that bad. Just asking?

ROBAR35

Living the farm life
    May 20, 2010
    Howard Co.
    as a responsible dog owner who has the tendency to rescue those who have no chance at a normal family life due to aggressive behavior from the treatment of the previous owners, i will simply ask you to make the effort to do everything possible to avoid shooting this otherwise labelled breed. contact the owners, if they give the impression they don't care what you have to say, contact animal control AND the police. when they contact the owners, they will realize the situation (hopefully) is being reviewed by the authorities and maybe they will make an extra effort to better contain their pet. if you have witnessed any animal abuse, please make a record of it by video/recording or otherwise write down dates and times of the abuse and get witnesses to hopefully come forward with what they have witnessed. remember, this is THEIR pet and if you shoot and either kill or maim it, the full weight of your decision will come down on you with lengthy court appearances. even if you are in the right, you will be financially drained from not going the extra length to remedy this by other means. best wishes.

You and I sound a lot alike, I do the same with Rottweilers. Like anything in the right hands it can be a great thing but in wrong hands.... Well you know.

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    I don't know your situation or what has already transpired. Why not try to make friends with the dog or is it really that bad. Just asking?

I agree. Why the subject has to turn to shooting the animal before you look into other ways to resolve the situation is beyond me. I don't want to insinuate that the op hasn't tried, but it has not been communicated that any other attempts have been made. This is a prime example why firearm supports are vilified and goes to VD's comment about this carrying individuals turning road rage incidents into shootings and the likes of the Wild West.

woodstock

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jun 28, 2009
    You and I sound a lot alike, I do the same with Rottweilers. Like anything in the right hands it can be a great thing but in wrong hands.... Well you know.

Our last addition to the family is a Rotterman (designer dog) specifically bred as an attack guard dog or fighter in the cage. Reisterstown Humane Society thought she was going to be a permanent resident as she had been adopted out twice before us and returned due to aggressive behavior. Sorry to thread jack. Reisterstown is a NO KILL shelter for anyone interested.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chopsocky

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jun 15, 2012
    So there is no real evidence of the dog being aggressive to people? A dog "acting" aggressive towards a stranger on the other side of a fence is very common. It's known as barrier aggression and does not necessarily mean the dog is people aggressive. Your whole breed issues are something unrelated to this situation. I have been around the breed for decades and have never come across a "vicious" pit bull. I know they exist, but so do vicious sherpherds, rottweilers, huskies and mutts.

They are charging the fence and gnawing on the metal links like they want a piece of me. Sure, other breeds can do the same but most other breeds aren't known to be as vicious as Pit Bulls. If you're the Dog Whisperer of Murrielund, than good for you. But most of us aren't and especially those who can't control such a volatile breed such as the Pit Bull, shouldn't be owning one. One of my fight coaches owns 4 Pit Bulls, but he's a toughguy who takes the time to train them and have physical strength to control them also.

Yeah, nobody's Pit Bull is ever vicious and never bites anyone right? That's what they all say when they do bite some neighbor's kid walking by, doesn't let go and leaves chunks of missing flesh. Most other dogs who bites for that 1st time, you just go get a band aid or worse, the Emergency Room. But when a Pit Bull bites, it's straight to the Hospital for an extended stay and call in the Plastic Surgeons.

chopsocky

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jun 15, 2012
    I think you guys are right. There will be plenty of charges that can be racked up for shooting an attacking dog.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Some pits are canine aggressive, and will attack another dog not in its pack with little provocation. Not all of them are like this.

All pits are tough, and have the Churchillian trait; they never, never, never give up. This is what makes them such excellent fighters. For the most part, any tendency to be human aggressive has been bred out of them, for obvious reasons.

My grandkids were brought up with these dogs, with no problems. The dogs are very protective of "their" children.

Irresponsible humans are the pits' greatest enemies. That would include the mainstream media, in their love of sensationalism. The dogs have been given a bad name, sort of like gun owners. Some of us can relate to that.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Urban/suburban discharge of a firearm is serious chit. You better have a dead, shot dog still latched onto you when the police arrive.

chopsocky

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jun 15, 2012
    I guess you consider people who have chihuahuas better parents even though they bite more often? Stick to what you know, whatever that is and I'll raise my kids how I please.

You do know this is the same attitude many have of allowing children to grow up around firearms. Good day.

You're a funny guy. When was the last time that a Chi Hua Hua jumped a 4 feet something fence and mauled or killed some child or grown adult.

chopsocky

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jun 15, 2012
    Wow! Lack of responsibility. Is that a wiki link? So you have no personal experience and want to question my judgement, knowledge and parenting.

Some Dog Whisperer wannabe like you owning Pit Bulls, I'd probably have no problems with. Unless you're lying about all of that Pit Bull whispering skills. But the average dummy, dog owner of America, rarely have the capabilities to vigilantly care and train a Pit Bull well enough for it to be safe for other people living around them and especially their pets. I wouldn't care if your own Pit Bull kills your children, but it's my family that I'm worried about, which is why I made this post.

Here's husband and wife, Pit Bull Whisperer family:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/news/darla-napora/

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    nexgen98

Latest threads

Top Bottom