Aug 3, 2008
    Frederick, Md
    So far,,,

Hughmon
    JasonMD85
    Spot77
    JoppaJ
    Adams74Chevy

Are pretty sure. Actually a smaller group will make it easier for me to get benches together. BUT, looking to forward to seeing as many who want to come!

Thanks!

Phil

Rough_Rider

Oct 31, 2008
    Howard County, MD
    Phil - please count me in if there is still room!

All along I was thinking the Ravens vs Steelers game was at 1:00pm, but since it is really at 4:00pm I'm good to go.

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    Assuming that you guys are getting the same heavy rain we are, how muddy should I expect Cresap to be? Do I need to buy targets in advance or can I get them there?

Fire-4-Effect

Aug 3, 2008
    Frederick, Md
    Assuming that you guys are getting the same heavy rain we are, how muddy should I expect Cresap to be? Do I need to buy targets in advance or can I get them there?

We will change targets every hour on the hour and we will provide the targets for you. That is how Cresap operates. $2 per shooter and $1 per target. Oh, and it is by donation.

You are welcome to bring your own if you want. Just no silhouettes of bad guys.

Muddy? Ahhh... probably will not be that bad. We are getting tons of rain! It will dry out a good bit before Sunday but probably better to wear boots if you are worried about getting your tennis shoes dirty. I usually wear tennis shoes but it does sometimes get a bit muddy and I wished I had worn boots.

See ya there!

Phil

Fire-4-Effect

Aug 3, 2008
    Frederick, Md
    So far...

Hughmon
    JasonMD85
    Spot77
    JoppaJ
    Adams74Chevy
    Rough_Rider

If anyone else is coming please post.

To ensure we have a great Sunday let me highlight the big things you guys need to know:

1. Bring your own ammo! We do not sell ammo at the range.

2. You should have eye and ear protection with you although we do sell it if you need it. I will warn you though that to buy it you will need to come in to the range where it is already very loud.

3. If your firearm is not cased when you come in then keep it pointing UP not down. The muzzle should be above your head.

4. MAKE SURE your actions are open at all times unless you are ready to shoot and pointed down range

5. uncase the rifle on the bench with the muzzle facing downrange.

6. During cease fires DO NOT touch any of your gear! No bags, guns, nothing! We frown on that since during a cease fire we have people down range and we do not know what you are doing when you reach into a bag. maybe pulling out a revolver? I think you get it.

Those are the big ones that usually get people when they first visit. The rest of the rules are simply proper gun safety! If you do get corrected while at the range do not be offended. I get corrected occasionally and I am a RO. We take safety very seriously! Remember, iron sharpens iron!

I will try and setup 6 benches at the end for you guys to sit together. This may not work. If I cannot get them together then you will all still be able to shoot, we will just be spread around which is not really that big of a deal. If more show up then we will just use more benches. I will be the big RO with glasses... You cannot miss me :lol2: Just ask if you have a question.

We open at 10:00 AM. I would suspect that there will be a few people already in line waiting for the gate to open. The earlier you get here the better off you will be. Also, the better off I can get all 6 of you guys together.

We do sell coffee, hot chocolate, soda and a few snacks. No real food though. There is a few fast food places about 5 minutes down the road. You may want to consider brown bagging or just waiting til done.

You can bring your own targets. Just wait for us to come by with the staple gun and we will handle it. No human shaped targets or anything questionable.

The weather should be pretty decent from what I understand. You may want to wear boots as it may be muddy but it usualy is not that bad.

I am going to post this in both threads

See you guys Sunday

Phil

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    Damn you Huck, I thought I'd be the first to back out. I'm really sorry guys, but I appear to have picked up the stomach flu. I'll spare you the gory details, but I'll skip the shoot and spare you the gory details projected all over Cresap too. We'll try again...

JasonMD85

Aug 16, 2006
    I do not have a Lever gun but I will be there. I know I will enjoy watching you guys. I will be shooting my 2 EBRs.

Come shoot mine! Look for the fat guy in a MD shooters shirt or a Steelers hoodie. :D I'll have my saiga in 7.62x39 as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ramseye

Latest threads

Top Bottom