• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Spot77

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2005
    Anne Arundel County
    Sorry I didn't get to see or meet everybody today. I think I met about 5 or 6 people including Bluefin, PRyker and Hughmon, and a few others that I can't recall.

Phil - Cresap is a first class operation. Y'all run a nice range.

Hugh = Thanks for letting my son shoot the 17. :D

Fire-4-Effect

Aug 3, 2008
    Frederick, Md
    Guys,

Thanks for organizing the lever gun shoot! It was sure nice meeting everyone.

What a blast! It was very busy so it was hard to keep all of you guys together but sure was heck of a lot of fun! Good weather too! I believe the first 3 hours straight we had people waiting on rifle benches and then through to close we had people waiting on pistol benches... man, what a day! I guess everyone who has been buying guns decided to start shooting them now.

I want to thank everyone for being very safe as well. You guys made a good impression on the older members. I believe shoots like this will become easier and easier to put together in the future!

PR

JasonMD85

Aug 16, 2006
    Yea, that is a very nice range. I even got a free camber stick for my Saiga, rather than using a spent shell.. :D It is about the same distance as Hap Baker too, might have to use Cresap more. I just wish you could do some off hand rifle shooting :(

I didn't get a chance to meet anyone I don't think, except a nice gentleman with glasses who drives a Hummer. The place was so packed I didn't even really try to be honest.

hughmon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 5, 2008
    What a great day for a shoot! I had a great time, and it was wonderful meeting everyone.

Thanks to Phil and the staff a Cresap! I always enjoy myself shooting a Cresap, and part of that enjoyment is that I always feel safe shooting there. As busy as the range usually is, that is a real testament to efforts of the staff.

Sorry that I did not meet everyone, perhaps at the next shoot!

I think Phil mentioned the possibility of other themed shoots such as a Russian theme, and I am all for that.

Adams74Chevy

Hits broadsides of barns
    Oct 3, 2007
    Carroll Co.
    Sorry I didn't make it guys, this weekend got hectic quick. The wife's grandmother is up at Hershey Med. Center and just when it seems she's recovering something else seems to go wrong. Another theme I think would be fun is a black powder shoot.

Rough_Rider

Oct 31, 2008
    Howard County, MD
    P.Ryker - It was nice to meet you on Sunday. Cresap is a nice range and you guys run a pretty tight operation there. That was my first time there. Boy, was it crowded! A little too crowded for my tastes personally. I guess that is a good sign for the shooting community that it was crowded, certainly was nice weather.

I overslept and didn't get there until about 11:00am. I only met a few of the folks there shooting. I didn't feel comfortable wandering around the lanes and talking with folks while there were people waiting for a lane to shoot.

It was the first time I had shoot my Marlin 336 30-30. It felt good but I had some issues with the pre-mounted scope that came with the rifle. I need to get smarter on the scope and get it rifle zeroed.

I also shoot the Winchester 70 30-06 that I had bought on Saturday up in Harrisburg, Pa. It needs a scope, I wasn't hitting too much with the iron sights. I could definitely feel the 30-06 effect in my shoulder this morning :) A little sore, but in a good way!

Adams74Chevy

Hits broadsides of barns
    Oct 3, 2007
    Carroll Co.
    Does Cresap allow taking pics? I will bring a camera next time.

not in the facilities from what Topher and P.Ryker have said, it's due to the fact cameras turn some folks into idiots who do dumb things and the possiblity of the pictures being used in a bad light for gun owners.

hughmon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 5, 2008
    I'm game, as long as I am free.

Truth be told I have not shot the 'ol Appalachian AR in awhile.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom